The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 025:

Chapter Twenty Five
-Matt-
I was over Flower's place playing video games with some of the guys. I was playing NHL 13 with Sidney when my phone went off and I looked to see that it was a number I didn't recognize, but my city underneath the number was Boston, Ma.

"Em?" I thought out loud and then paused the game.

"What the hell, Matty?" Sidney whined for me pausing the game, I just waved him off.

"Hello?" I asked, not knowing whose voice I would hear on the other line.

"Matt," the voice was quiet.

"Yeah," I answered, struggling to hear the voice, "Em?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, I didn't recognize the number," I said and then heard her sighed. I stared at the ground, confused at why my sister was calling me, and why she sounded as if something was wrong, "What's wrong?"

Geno, Flower, James and Tyler were playing Mario cart on the other TV, something must of happened because James and Tyler were cheering and then high fiving each other. I growled and them looked back at the phone.

"You're busy," Emily said and shook my head, like she would see that.

"Just at Flower's house, we're playing some NHL," I said and then chuckled.

"You live it, why would you play it?" I could hear the humor in her voice and I smiled at that.

"Eh, guys and their video games," I laughed and Sidney smirked towards me, "So what's wrong? Why the new number?"

"I'm calling from the hospital," she said and it took me a few moments to process what she had just said to me. The guys were yelling again and I had to cover my other ear just to hear my sister call out my name.

"Why are you at a hospital?" I asked and then Sidney yelled at the guys to shut up and they all looked at me.

"I was attacked," she muttered, almost scared to tell me.

"WHAT?!" I growled, knowing full well that I had definitely gotten my teammates attentions now, "Did Seguin-"

"No!" she yelled and then sighed, but that didn't calm my anger, "I was walking Marshall-"

"Who?" not knowing who she was talking about.

"Tyler's dog, he was away for four days on away trips and I was watching him," she said and I glared at the ground.

"You hate dogs."

"He's nice, I like him," she muttered and my fists clenched, only making me not like this kid even more because he was taking my sister away from me, "I was walking him and I was pulled into the alley. Marshall attacked him, and when I tried to run away, the guy stomped on my ankle, breaking it."

"When did this happen?" I asked turning my head and seeing that my teammates were staring at me.

"Wednesday night," she answered and I looked at my phone, Friday.

"Wednesday? Why didn't I get a call Wednesday, Em?"

"Em?" Geno asked and then guys looked back and forth and I waved for them to shut up.

"You were in a middle of a game and I didn't want to bother you."

"You wouldn't have bothered me, Emily. You're my baby sister," I growled, "My baby sister who was attacked and didn't want to tell me."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, attacked?!" Geno yelled and tried to reach for the phone, along with the rest of the guys, but I shoved their hands away.

"Will ya let me talk to my sister in peace?!" I yelled and started to kick them away.

The phone was smacked out of my hands and Flower darted for it and quickly picked it
up, "Emily?"

"Son of a bitch, Flower, give me my phone!" I growled and felt Geno sitting on my back, "Geno get up!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Evgeni Malkin, get your ass off of me NOW!" I growled and the guys laughed.

"No."

I pounded on to ground and looked up to see that Flower had walked out of the game room and then walked back in with a calendar.

"All right, see you soon, Emily," he said and then hung up the phone and threw it back to me with a smirk on his face.

"What'd you do?" I glared and he threw the calendar in front of me.

"We're going on vacation," he said and I looked to see that we had four days of complete freedom, "Go get packed.

"Amy here I come!" Tyler smirked and fist bumped Sidney.

I sighed and then shook my head, "Fine."

"Good," Flower said and then walked over towards Geno and patted his shoulder, "Let him up, G."

-Emily-
"I told you to call your brother to tell him, not invite him and his team up," Tyler laughed and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I didn't exactly invite them, Fleury kind of invited himself, along with Sid, Geno, Tyler and James," I said and Tyler leaned back in his chair and moaned, "And of course my brother."

"Ah yes, big bro that doesn't like me."

"To be fair, he doesn't like any guy that likes me, part of the big bro contract, you should understand that," I said and Tyler sighed and nodded his head.

"All right, he's got me there," Tyler said and I smirked, "Where are they staying?"

"Your place," I said and Tyler's eyes widened, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Yeah, whatever," he pouted and I smirked and kissed his cheek.

"I don't know really, Flower didn't tell me."

"Who?"

"Oh, Fleury, sorry, his nickname."

"Oh," Tyler said and I sat up and threw my legs over the side of the bed, "You can go home today," he said and I nodded my head.

"I hate hospitals," I said and he nodded his head and grabbed my hand as I tried to stand.

The nurse walked in and looked at me, she shook her head and pulled me back down onto the bed, "You shouldn't try to stand without the boot on."

"But I want to leave."

"I'll get the doctor," she said and I sighed, "Stay!" she ordered and then left.

"Ruff," I muttered and Tyler laughed and patted my head.

"Good girl," he teased and I tried to bite his hand.

"God, I'm so sick of this place, and I have so much work that I have to do, I don't even know what I've missed in my classes," I complained and Tyler rubbed my leg.

"It'll be all right, you'll take care of everything."

The doctor walked into the room and Tyler moved out of the way so that the doctor could look at my ankle, "It seems to be healing nicely. The surgery went well, I'm going to put an aircast on you," I looked at him confused, not knowing what that was, "A moonboot."

"Oh," I said and then shrugged my shoulders, still not knowing what it was."

"It's gunna take about six to eight weeks to heal, you need to stay off of it as much as possible. You'll be able to walk, but don't put too much strain on your foot," he explained and I nodded my head, "Let me go and get the boot, you'll be able to leave after that."

"Thank you," I said as he got up and left.

"Brooke brought me some clothes yesterday, they're in the top drawer," I said and Tyler walked over towards the dressed and opened the drawer, "Thanks," I smiled as he dropped them next to me and I waited for the doctor to come back in.