The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 044:

Chapter Forty Four
Mom and I walked into my apartment to see Candace sitting on the couch, Emily was sitting on the ground in front of her and Candace was playing with Emily's hair and they were talking about what I was like when I was younger. Cassidy was sitting on the other couch watching TV, petting Marshall, who was lying next to her, and putting in her thoughts to Candace's subject.

"Because that's all I want to hear," I chuckled as Candace was talking about one of these girls that I use to date, "Candace, how 'bout you spare Emily from hearing those stories," I said and Emily looked up and smirked towards me.

"I was just telling Emily here how she's changed you," Candace said and I rolled my eyes and sat on the floor next to Emily.

"I haven't changed," I said as I kissed Emily's cheek and laced my fingers with her.

"That! There! Yes you have! You're all lovey dovey!" Candace laughed and I felt Emily wince when Candace pulled her hair too hard, "Sorry."

"Tyler," I heard my mother call sternly.

I sighed and then kissed Emily's hand, "Yeah, yeah, I know," I muttered and then stood up and saw the confused faces looking at me.

"Everything all right?" Emily asked and I nodded my head and walked away from her, heading up the stairs and to my room so that I could call my dad, something I told my mom I would do as soon as we got back to the condo.

I sighed as I sat on my bed and scrolled through my contact, finding my father's name and hitting it. I placed the phone to my ear and hoped that it went to voicemail, begged that it went to voicemail.

"Hello?"

'...Shit...' I thought as I shook my head, "Dad."

"Tyler! How are you?!"

"Mom said you called," I said plainly, not wanting to get into the small talk.

"I haven't seen or talked to you in a while," he said and I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Life, what have you been up to?"

"Hockey dad, it's always goin' to be hockey," I mumbled frustrated.

"Not from what I hear," he said and rolled my eyes and then pinched the bridge of my nose.

"What are you talking about?"

"You're little girlfriend, it's all over the website," he said I sighed, "Emily?"

"What does it matter, dad? I'm happy," I growled.

"It does matter, you're not playing like yourself! What have I taught-"

"What are you talking about?! I'm better! My stats are up! I'm scoring!" I yelled and looked to see the door opening and Marshall was trotting in.

-Emily-
"That's not a good face," Candace said and I looked up towards her as she braided my hair.

"What's going on?" I asked and Tyler's mom, Jackie walked over and sighed, sitting next to Candace.

"Dad?" Candace asked and Jackie nodded her head.

"I've never heard Tyler talk about his father," I said and Jackie shook her head.

"He won't, he can't stand his father," she said and I looked at the ground sadly.

'...So he's no different from me...' I thought and then watched as Marshall hopped off of the couch and walked up the stairs, heading towards Tyler's room, "I'm gunna go check up on him."

"I wouldn't, Tyler tends to get a little violent when he talks to dad," Candace said, "I wished Marshall didn't go up their either."

"I know what it feels like to not be able to stand a parent, I can't take both of mine," I said and then stood up, "I'm gunna go see if he's all right."

"All right-" Jackie said and we all looked towards the stairs when we heard yelling and then heard something smash.

Marshall ran out of the room and back down the stairs, I stared at the scared puppy as he ran over towards the back door. I sighed and then let him outside and then looked towards the stairs, hearing Tyler's loud voice, but not believe able understand what he was saying, '...Maybe I shouldn't...' I found myself walking towards the stairs and then sighed and nodded my head to myself, '...He was there for me...'

I walked up the stairs and down the hallway towards Tyler's room, I felt myself becoming nervous as I heard him talking about me to his father, "Don't you dare call her that!" I walked to the doorway and placed my hand on the frame, opening the door a little and seeing that Tyler's back was to me, "No! You're suck a fuckin' jackass! You know nothing about me- No! Fuck you!"

'...Ty...'

I walked over towards him and placed my hands on his back and wrapped my arms around his waist, slipping my hands into his front pockets and feeling his body relax against my touch. I pressed my body against his back and then laid my head on his shoulder, kissing his neck. I could hear the muffle of his father's voice, flinching when I managed to hear him calling me a gold digging whore.

"Go to hell," Tyler said and then threw his phone onto the bed, hanging up on his father, "God I hate him."

"I'm having a little flashback here, except we switched spots," I giggled, trying to lighten the mood. Tyler was shaking with anger, and I felt bad, '...This must have been how he felt the day my parents paid a visit...'

"He's suck a prick," Tyler muttered and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hey, Tyler," I moved my hands out of his pocket and rubbed his sides, walking in front of him and placing my hands on his neck, grabbing his face, "I love you."

Tyler smirked and then placed his hand on the back of my neck and pressed his lip against mine, lacing a finger around a belt loop of my jeans. His kiss was desperate and needy, after a conversation, he probably felt like he was a worthless loser, at least, that's how I felt when I spoke with my parents. I was glad to give him the attention and love that he wanted and deserved, after all, I'm falling in love with this goofball.

I pulled away from Tyler and then walked over towards door and closed it, seeing Candace and Cassidy against the wall outside his door, a big smirk on their face. I smirked and then closed the door and walked over towards Tyler, grabbing his face and pressing my body against his, wrapping my arms around his neck and then pressing my lips against his.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up off of the ground, moving his hands to my thighs and bending them. I felt him back up and then fall onto the bed, he kicked off his shoes and I had already had my flats off since I got here. Tyler picked his body up, with me on top of him and crawled back further onto the bed, leaned his back against the headboard and then pressed his lips roughly onto mine.

-Candace-
I could believe that Emily had calmed my brother down, and just by hugging him. I smirked when Cassidy and I snooped on them, they said something, but I couldn’t hear, and then Emily walked over towards the door. I pulled my sister back, but Emily saw us, she smirked towards us and then closed the door.

“Come on,” I said as I ushered Cassidy back down the hallway, “Give them some alone time.”

We walked back down to the living room where my mom was watching TV, she saw the smirk on her face and then shook her head, “She calmed him down, didn’t she?”

“Yup,” I smiled, “I like her.”

“I do too,” mom said and we all sat down on the couch and watched some kind of modeling show.

About an hour or so later, Tyler and Emily walked down into the living room and I smirked evilly as I saw the aftermath of their hair, “Have fun?”

“Shut up,” Tyler muttered as he walked over towards the end of the couch and pulled Emily down next to him and she was cuddling him.

“You guys are so cute,” mom said and I laughed a little, “Well, it’s late, I’m going to bed. Love you guys, night Emily.”

“Night Mrs. Seg- Jackie,” Emily corrected because my mom gave her a look.

“Well, I think I’m gunna head to bed too,” Tyler said and Emily nodded her head.

“I better get home, I have class in the morning, and I’d like to sleep tonight,” she said and I snorted and then got up and followed my mom upstairs to one of the two guest bedrooms, mom had one room and Cassidy and I had another.

“When will we see you again?” Cassidy asked Emily.

“Probably tomorrow,” Emily said and Cassidy smiled and nodded her head, “Night!”

“Night!”
A