The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 049:

Chapter Forty Nine
"Are you all right?" Tyler asked as he cupped my face and looked at me. I nodded my head and placed my hands on his chest, his thumb ran across my cut cheek and he looked at me sadly, "Are you sure?"

"I'm fine, Tyler, are you all right?" I asked and he side and nodded his head, wrapping his arms around my neck and I wrapped my arms around his chest and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Em," he muttered against my head and I felt him wince when I kissed his cheek. I looked at him scared and he smirked, "I'm fine, I've been hit harder by Lucic than him."

"I see why you don't like him," I muttered and laid my head on his chest and felt him rub my back.

"Dude, seriously, shut the hell up!" I heard someone yell and turned around to see that Nathan Horton was glaring at Tyler's dad.

"You're such a piece of shit, Tyler!" his dad yelled and I winced at his harshness.

"Oh, shut up!" Lucic yelled and then punched him across the face. My eyes widened and I gasped when Tyler's dad passed out cold, "Oops, sorry man."

Tyler shrugged his shoulders and I looked around to see that most of the players were outside. Tyler sighed against me rubbed my arm. His Coach and other people came out to see what was going on, just about the whole team was out.

"I wanna just go home," I muttered against Tyler and he sighed and nodded his head.

-Tyler-
It took a while because I needed to answer a lot of questions, one big one, why was your father knocked out cold. Emily stood with Brad when I talked with the police and my Coach, he was angry about the situation, I had a feeling he was going to scratch me another game for causing such drama.

"You all right?" I heard and then turned my head to see Milan standing there, "You look like you hurt."

"I'm fine," I muttered and then turned back towards Emily to see that she was leaning against Brad and he was keeping her warm because it was pretty cold out and she didn't want to sit in the car.

"You know, she's pretty brave," he said and I looked back towards him, "When we were coming over, I saw her jump on your dad."

"She had to deal with what you did to her," I growled, "I know that she's brave."

Lucic sighed and then ran a hand through his buzz cut, "I'm sorry-"

"I don't want it, she doesn't want it-"

"Segs, look- We all did something stupid, and we betrayed your trust," Nathan said as he walked up to me and I saw Chara walking over, "We're sorry."

I sighed and then looked back towards Emily, "I don't think you'll ever win her over."

"We put her through a lot, we understand that, and we feel horrible," Chara said, "It was stupid."

"You're a good player, Segs," Lucic said and I looked at him, "We're sorry for everything."

I nodded my head, not sure if I was going to forgive them or not. I sighed and then looked at Emily, "If you want to get back on my good side," I turned back to them, "You get on her good side."

The guys nodded their heads and I waved to them and walked over towards Emily and Brad. She saw me and ripped away from Brad and wrapped her arms around me, "Can we get out of here now?"

"Yeah," I said and then looked up towards Brad, "Rain check on the club?"

"Yeah, no party mood now," he said and I nodded my head, "I'll be over to see Brooke though."

"All right, see you soon," I said and then sat Emily in the passenger seat and walked to the driver's side and hopped in.

-Emily-
"Ow," Tyler winced and I sighed.

"Stop being such a baby," I muttered as I cleaned up Tyler's face and placed a band aid over his eyebrow, where his dad managed to cut him.

"Well sorry," he said and I giggled a little. Tyler said on the side of the tub and I iced the bruises, placed a little band aid over the bridge of his nose and over his one eyebrow, "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"Why?" I breathed, not realizing that I said it out loud.

"Why, what?" he asked as he placed his hands on the back of my legs. With him sitting and I standing, his head was at my stomach.

I sighed and ran my fingers through his hair, "Why would he do that?"

"He's a bastard," Tyler growled and I looked at him sadly, "He was never really the fatherly type."

"I'm sorry," I said and Tyler looked up towards me and then stood up, grabbed my face and pressed his lips against mine.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about," he said and I looked towards the ground, "Hey," he placed his fingers under my chin, "You did nothing wrong."

"You look all right now," I said, waiting to change the subject, "You lip stopped bleeding, how do you feel?"

"I'm fine," he said quickly and I turned to clean the first aid kit up, "Em, please look at me."

"I can't," I said softly.

"Why?" he asked sadly and I heard him sit back down.

"Because, I can't," I muttered and then threw the kit under the sink and started for the bathroom door.

"No," he said and I felt him grab my wrist and gently pull me back, "You just don't want to."

I bit my lip and blinked back the fact that I was going to cry, '...We're so alike, it's not even funny...'

"Emily," he said, "Please look at me."

I turned around quickly, pressed my body against Tyler's, wrapped my arm around his neck and pressed my lips against his. I snapped my eyes close, hoping that the tears wouldn't come, but they did. Tyler wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. I sniffled a little and decided that I should pull away, not wanting to get any snots on him.

"Hey, Em," Tyler said softly and then started to wipe my tears away with his thumb, "Come on," he said and then led me out of the bathroom and towards me room, where he pulled me in for a tight hug and laid his head on top of mine, "I love you, Em."

"I love you too," I muttered into his chest, but I'm not sure if he heard or understood me.

-Tyler-
I smirked when I woke up to feeling Emily laying on top of me asleep. She had her arms tucked under my back, her face snuggled into my neck and her legs knelt on each side of my waist. I had to move all the way over towards the wall and stick a pillow under my side so that I didn't roll over while I slept, because I wanted Emily to be comfortable.

I groaned though when my phone started to buzz on the night stand. I sighed and then reached back my arm and started to blindly grab for my phone. When I finally grabbed it, I quickly hit answer and held it to my ear, "Hello?"

"ARE YOU ALL RIGHT?!!!!" I hissed and threw the phone onto the bed, jumping up and naturally waking Emily up.

"What?!" she yelled widen eyed and looking around the room, "What's wrong?!"

I sighed and then grabbed my phone, hearing my mother still yelling my name on the other end, "Mom," Emily sighed and then relaxed, crawling back on top of me and laying down again, "Mom," I repeated because she was still talking. I laid back on the bed and wrapped my one arm around Emily's waist, "Mom!" I said a little more forcefully.

"Marshy told me that your father was arrested! What happened?!" she finally yelled out.

"He attacked us," I stated and gently rubbed Emily's back to try and get her to go back to sleep.

"Attacked? Us? Tyler, what happened?" mom asked and I sighed.

"Emily and I were leaving the arena and he attacked us," I said and then sighed and kissed Emily's head because I felt her grip my shirt.

"Are you all right? I'm coming over!" mom said and I sighed.

"I'm not home, I'm at Emily's," I stated, but still heard my mother walking around.

"Address Tyler," she said and I looked at Emily who apparently was listening in on the conversation and held out her hand for the phone.

I sighed and then handed the phone to Emily, who game my mom the address and then handed the phone back to me. I said bye to my mom and then hung up the phone.

"You know she's gunna want to nurse you back to health," Emily giggled and I snorted.

"I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself!"

"Well, you're a grown man who yelled 'ow' when I put a band aid on your forehead," she laughed and I growled a little and then smacked her butt hard, "OW!!!"

"You're a grown woman who yelled 'ow' when I smacked your fine ass," I mocked and she growled and tried to wrestle with me, this was always ending interestingly.