The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 051:

Chapter Fifty One
'...I can't believe I'm doing this...' I thought as I looked at my phone to see that I received a text, '...He's here...' I took a deep breath and then looked around the coffee shop to see where he was.

"Miss me?" I heard and jumped because he scared the crap out of me, "Sorry."

"How'd you get in here?" I asked, looking around.

"Back door, come here a lot, I made friends," he smirked and I rolled my eyes, "So what's up? Why the secrets?"

"I wanted to talk," I said and he smirked, "I wanted to talk to you alone."

"Well it's not every day that someone steals their boyfriend's phone to get my number," he gave me a toothy sly smirk, "What do you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about December, I want to talk about last week," I said and he looked at me and sigh, "Why did you do it?"

"Emily," he rubbed his face and then ran his hands through his hair, "No matter how many times we apologizes to you about how much of a dick we all are, are you even going to forgive us?"

"Only if I get the truth," I said and he stared at me, "I want to know the truth, Milan, why did you plot to kidnap me? Ruin Tyler? It's not because of my brother, is it?"

"You gotta understand," Milan said as he leaned back and played with his fingers, "Your boy was a cocky prick when he was a rookie, the kid got into so much trouble, screwed us over so many time and partied like crazy!"

"What does that have anything to do with me? I know how Tyler was, and remember when I say 'was'," I said and he nodded his head.

"We were all pissed because this kid comes out of nowhere thinking that he's the king, and thinks that he can get away with it! Granted it calmed down the next year, but we were still pissed, so when we saw you at the club that night," Milan snapped his fingers, "We came up with a plan, knock two birds with one stone. Your brother screwed Horton during the regular season last year," he said and I sighed, remembering the fight between my brother and Nathan Horton, "Chara's the one who heard about what the Kings did to you, we figured if we didn't it too, it would work."

"And it did," I growled and Milan sighed.

"Up until Segs met you, he was a party boy, the second, and I mean the second Tyler saw you, it was like he was a whole different person," Milan said and I looked at the table, remembering the night that Tyler and I met, "We never would have guessed that his personality was going to change, his ability as player got better, and-" Milan sighed and then leaned back in his chair, "You just changed a lot of things."

"You think he's the only one who changed?" I asked and Milan shook his head, "I never wanted to date, or be around another hockey player after the Kings incident! I was even afraid to be around my brother, not wanting to get hurt like that again," I said and then sighed, "Do you know how long it took Tyler just to be able to kiss me?"

Milan shook his head and I bit my lip and took a deep breath, "Three and a half weeks," I answered and then nodded my head, "He came over almost every day, got closer and closer, I was terrified, didn't want him to be near me, but when Marshy started to go out with my friend, it got harder to stay away from him. For three weeks he asked to take me on a date, I finally agreed on the third week. Wouldn't even let him kiss me when he dropped me off. I didn't trust him," I said and then scratched my cheek, "The night after the charity event, I wanted to go home, he didn't let me-" I said and then nodded my head, Milan got the point, "He's not the only one that changed."

-Tyler-
"Where the hell is she?" I asked Ashley as I walked into Emily's condo.

"Don't know, I thought she was going out to meet you," Ashley said and I sighed and collapsed onto the couch next to Amy.

"How long ago did she leave?"

"Holy paranoid much!" Ashley laughed and I sighed.

"She's been acting weird," I said and Ashley and Amy looked at me confused.

"Weird how?"

"She's been really sneaky," I said and they pressed my to continue, "When I can back into the room last night, she was on my phone, and when she saw me, she threw it back to where I placed it."

"Well, have you been sneaky about something?" Amy asked and I shook my head and then took the water bottle that was on the coffee table, "Sure you can steal my water."

"Thanks," I smirked and wiped the mouth piece and took a sip of the water.

"You planning a secret surprise wedding proposal?" Ashley asked and my eyes widened and I choked on the water and spit it out, coughing and trying to catch my breath, "You all right there?"

"What?" I coughed and then wiped my face, standing up to see that I got water on me.

"I asked if you were all ri-"

"Before that!" I said and she giggled.

"I asked if you were planning a secret wedding proposal," she laughed and I stared at her wide eyed.

"No! I mean- NO!" I said and she then looked at me like I said something wrong, '...Shit...'

"What do you mean 'no'?! Is she not good enough to marry?!"

"Ash, whoa, calm down! We're both way too young to be thinking about marriage, I love her, but I'm not ready for marriage!" I said and Ashley rolled her eyes, "Besides, I was gunna wait until she graduated to talk to her about marriage."

"WHAT?!" Amy and Ashley yelled and Ashley almost threw her laptop on the ground.

"What the hell?! When were you going to say something?!" Ashley yelled.

"When I talked to Emily first! I don't know if you remember, but we haven't even been dating for a year, I'd like to mark that off the calendar first," I smirked and the girls rolled their eyes.

"Emily's parents dated for six months and were married," Amy said and Ashley snorted.

"Look how well that marriage is."

I smirked and then shook my head, walking back towards Emily's room to at least change my shorts because it looked like I pissed my pants. When I finished changing, I heard Ashley and Amy talking to someone and walked out into the hallway to hear Emily's voice.

"You're back," I said as I walked into the living room and saw Emily sitting in the spot that I was in before.

"Yeah- Why is the couch wet?" she asked as she stood up an turned her body.

"You're good," Ashley said and I smirked and shook my head, "Ask your boy."

"Why is the couch wet?" Emily asked, looking at me confused.

I smirked and then shrugged my shoulders, "Water fight," I laughed and Emily smirked and shook her head, "Where have you been?"

"Had a meeting with someone," she said as she sat in the chair next to the couch and I looked at Ashley.

'...See, secrative!...' I thought and rolled my eyes.

"With who Em?"

"Just someone," she said and I shook my head.

"Well I gotta get back home, Marshall needs to go for a walk," I said and then walked towards the door, picking up my keys that I hung on the wall before I left.

"Uh, ok, bye," I heard Emily say and I was out the door.

-Emily-
"What the hell was that?" I asked confused.

"What the hell is up with you?!" Ashley yelled and I snapped my head at her confused.

"What?"

"You're acting weird, he even notices it!" Amy said and I sighed, "What's been going on, Em?"

"Who did you meet with?" Ashley asked.

I sighed and rubbed my face, '...No more secrets...'

"Em?"

"I met with Milan," I said and then looked at the girls.

"Lucic?" Ashley asked and I nodded my head.

"Why?" Amy asked.

"I wanted to know the whole truth to why he and the others did what they did to me in December," I said, "I wanted to know why he helped Tyler and I last week."

"They been on you to forgive them?" Ashley asked and I nodded my head, "Did you?"

"They've been asking for a while now, I don't know if you want to call it forgiving, but I'll talk to them," I said and they nodded their heads, "I didn't want Tyler to know though."

"Why?"

"Because I think he'll be mad at me if I start to talk to them," I said and Ashley snorted.

"I think you need to go and talk with your boyfriend, Emily."