The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 062:

Chapter Sixty Two
-Emily-
"What do you mean that you can't find the bastard?! My friend’s in a fuckin' hospital bed because of this bastard! She was hit in the head and he's fuckin' lucky that she's not seriously hurt! Now get your asses up and find the son of a bitch!" Ashley yelled and I sighed and held onto the scared Marshall.

We had come home from New York to find cops all over our floor, our home was torn apart, our friend and her cousin in the hospital for head injuries, Marshal hiding in fear with a bleeding paw. Amy went to the hospital to check up on Brooke and Sarah while Ashley and I stayed at the condo.

I was on my knees holding the scared pup and covered his paw with a rag. I think he stepped on some glass, but I wasn't sure, "Ash," I called and Ashley snapped around and looked at me angrily, but then sighed and walked over towards us, "I need to take him to the vet."

"All right," she said and then bent down and sighed, "How are you little man?"

"Ash, where's Yingling?" I asked and Ashley gasped and then shot up and ran down the hallway, only to come back and say that he was gone. I sighed and then rubbed my face, "I can't do this, not right now, this is too much."

"You think it was that guy?" Ashley asked and I groaned, not even thinking about it.

"The father who killed my teacher and is supposedly not after me, but I'm pretty sure after this that he is," I said and Ashley nodded her head, "How did he get up here?"

"Brooke had to of buzzed- Naw, she's not stupid, she'd know better- God dammit!"

"What?" I asked confused.

"The little old lady two floors down from us!" Ashley said and I groaned, "You remember? The one that Ty and Brad use to con to get up here!"

"Yeah, damn! I didn't think of her!" I said and Marshal whined and tried to lick my face, "All right buddy, we're going, we're going."

"I'll get an officer to help you," she said and I nodded my head and looked down at marshal.

"You're in too much pain to walk and you're too heavy for me to carry!" I said and then sighed and kissed his head.

A young officer came over and picked Marshal up. I grabbed my phone and then walked with him down towards the parking garage and he helped me place the dog into my car. I had remember to grab some old towels and placed them on the seat so that Marshal didn't bleed on the seat. I thanked the officer and then got into my car and headed out of the parking lot, pulling up the address to the nearest animal shelter on my phone.

'...I need to call Tyler...' I sighed and then called Tyler only to get his voicemail, I cursed and then went through my phone and decided to call Candice, "Please pick up, please pick up, please-"

"Hello?"

"Candice! It's Emily!"

"Emily! Oh my god, hi! I was just talking about you to my friends-"

"I need your help, are you busy?"

"No, why? What's up?" she asked and I sighed and scratched Marshal's head.

"Really too much to explain on the phone," I sighed, "If I give you an address, can you meet me there?"

"Yeah, text me the address," she said and I hung up and texted her the address, thanking that I got a red light to do it.

A few minutes in, I pulled into the animal shelter and walked in, leaving Marshal in the car, I needed help bringing him inside. There was a doctor there that said that he would help, he walked out to my car and I sighed when Marshal whined about his paw. The doctor picked Marshall up, placed him on the cart that the assistant brought out and then walked back into the building. I locked my car and followed them inside and to a room.

-Tyler-
“Damn,” I muttered, looking at my phone and seeing that I had missed a call from Emily.

“What?” Brad asked and I sighed and showed him my phone, “Oh my god!”

“Shut up! You were this bad too!” I said and Brad laughed, “Let me call her back,” I said and then hit Emily’s name and hit call, placing the phone to my ear.

“Tyler!” I heard.

“Em-“

“No, it’s Candice!”

“Huh?” I looked at my phone and saw that I accidently called my sister, “Oh sorry, I meant to call Emily.”

“I called you,” she said, “You must have hit answer- But anyways, it’s about Emily.”

“Why? What’s wrong?” I asked, sitting on my bench tired from my afternoon practice in Buffalo, they guys looked at me when I asked that.

“I don’t know, Em called me and said that she needed my help and then texted me this address,” Candice said and I sighed.

“What address?”

“Well that just it, I went to the address and I’m at some animal shelter- Oh, there’s Em’s car!”

“Animal shelter- Marshall! Is he all right?”

“I don’t know, I just got here,” she said and I heard her getting out of the car, “I’ll have her call you.”

“All right,” I said and the hung up the phone and sighed.

“Everything all right?” Chara asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know,” I muttered and stared at my phone, waiting for Emily to call me. When she took too long, I called her.

“Ty, I was about to try you again,” Emily said, answering on the first ring.

“What’s going on?”

“Don’t freak out,” she said and I threw back my head and groaned.

“You know, when the first thing a person says is ‘don’t freak out’, you know they’re going to freak out,” I sighed and then rubbed my face, “What happened?”

“Where’s Brad? I need to start from the beginning,” she said and I sighed.

“There’s a beginning? Honestly Em, why does something always have to happen? Are you attracted to trouble?”

“Hey! I’m dating you! You’re trouble! I never had this shit before I met you!”

“Like you’re going-“

“Brad, Tyler, just get me Marshy,” she said and I sighed and placed the phone on speaker and called Brad over.

“Hey Em, what’d you do now?” Brad chuckled.

“Brooke’s in the hospital,” Emily said plainly and I was a little taken back.

“Come again?” Brad asked and my eyes widened, along with everyone else’s.

“Brooke is in the hospital,” she said a little slower. I looked over towards Brad to see that he king of froze, I poked his shoulder and he fell back onto the bench, “Marshy?”

“Um, I think he’s in a state of shock Em,” I muttered.

“Do you have me on speaker, Tyler Seguin?!”

“Maybe,” I said, seeing Dougie wave his hand in front of Brad’s face, “What happened?”

Emily sighed and then said something to my sister, “We came back from New York and there were police all over our floor.”

“What? Why?”

“Someone broke into our apartment and trashed it, hit Brooke over the head with something and she’s unconscious in the hospital, I think Marshall stepped on some glass- that’s why we’re at an animal shelter right now-“

“How was your apartment broken into? You live in a-“

“The little old lady that you and Marshy always conned to come up to my apartment, she thought that whoever broke in was you!”

“Fuck,” I muttered and then rubbed my face, “Are you all right?”

“No I’m not all right! Everything in our apartment was trashed! Brooke is in the hospital, Marshall’s hurt and Matt is gunna kill me!”

“Why is Matt going to kill you?”

“Because I promised him I would stay out of trouble!”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep,” I muttered and then winced when she growled.

“Thank you Captain Obvious! Maybe you should be Captain instead of Chara!” she hissed and I heard some of the guy chuckled; I looked up and saw that Chara was shaking his head, “Do you STILL have me on speaker?!”

“Uh, would you believe me if I said no?”

“TYLER!”

“Sorry,” I held my face and shook my head, “Sorry.”