The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 094:

-Tyler-
“Have you found her?” Brad asked Brooke as I sat on his couch, still in shock and holding the ring that Emily have given back to me only two hours before.

“No, I thought she would have gone to our old place, but she’s not there and Ashley and Amy will call me if she shows up,” Brooke said and I rubbed my face and felt Brad pat my back, “Tyler, are you all right?”

“No,” I breathed and Brooke sighed and walked over towards me, “She broke up with me.”

“She didn’t- She’s not thinking clearly,” Brooke said and I looked up at her, “I’m sure Emily’s regretting her decision but is just too stubborn to come back- She loves you.”

“And I love her- I’ve never once cheated on her when we were together,” I said and Brooke nodded her head and sighed.

“It’s three in the morning, there’s not many places that she can run to this early- How ‘bout we get some sleep, we’re all a little drunk, and then look for her in a few hours,” Brad said and I stood up and shook my head.

“I’m going to find her-“

“And where do you plan on going, Segs? It’s Boston- A big fuckin’ city, she can be anywhere,” Brad said and I sighed, collapsed onto the couch against and rubbed my face, the ring still in my finger, “We’ll find her, man- Just get some sleep.”

I sighed and nodded my head, laying back on Brad’s couch and staring up at the ceiling, ‘…Emily, where are you?...’ I thought and then closed my eyes, telling myself a few hours and then I would be up and looking for my future wife again.

-Emily-
I kept asking myself what the hell was wrong with me, the second I gave him that ring back, when I left Brad’s building, when I caught a cab planning on going back to Tyler’s and my place, but then changing my mind and heading for the airport. It was three in the morning, I had just bought a ticket to Pittsburgh, went through security with no luggage, carryout or sanity, not to mention, I was still in the outfit I wore to the club. Yeah, I wasn’t thinking.

I waiting in the gate until my six fifteen flight, I was happy it was a direct flight; I didn’t need to rush to the next gate after this flight. I left the plane when the two hour flight landed in the city that my only family member lived. It was just after eight when I landed, after nine when the cab that I paid with my last amount of money pulled up in front of my brother’s home and I prayed that he was home with no one.

I walked to his door, knocked and rang the doorbell a few times, but nothing. I sighed and then walked over towards his garage, typing in the code that I knew it to be and then watched the door open and I snuck inside and closed the garage door. Looking inside to see that his car wasn’t there, so I knew he wasn’t home. I heard his dog barking inside the house; I walked over towards the door, opened it and walked into the house.

It felt weird being here without Matt being here, I walked into the kitchen and saw a schedule on the fridge, I looked at it and saw that today he had practice from nine to noon, I had a while to be alone. Matt’s dog Smokey was in her cage, I decided to let her free and she was happy to see me, I giggled and rubbed her down and then stood back up and decided that I was going to steal some of my brother’s clothes, take a bath and relax myself.

-Matt-
“So next time when Nealer gets the puck, try to get into a clear spot where he can pass it to you before defense gets in there and steals is,” Coach instructed as he drew out a plan on the whiteboard on the ice.

We all nodded our heads and then stood up, if we had taken a knee, and got into our positions on the ice, continuing practice for the last thirty minutes. The team practiced moves, drills, shootouts, faceoffs, the works; at the end we were tired and hungry that we couldn’t wait to leave.

I was in my stall, just getting out of the shower, the towel around my waist, when I heard my phone buzz against the wood of the stall. I stood up, grabbed my boxers and jeans, threw them on and then grabbed my phone and sighed, I saw that I had a lot of missed calls and texts.

‘…What did Emily get herself into now?...’ I thought, knowing it had something to do with her without even opening anything.

Brooke texted me and I opened it and saw that it was a long text message, I sat down and read it, basically saying that they went out last night and ran into one of Seguin’s bed buddies and Emily freaked out and now she was missing. My eyes widened at the message, surprised at it’s contents, I moved onto the next one, Seguin’s; he was telling me the same thing, but he added that Emily also gave back the engagement ring.

‘…Emily! What? What are you thinking?!...’ I thought as I put my phone to my ear and listened to Seguin’s voicemail, he was telling me that he was sorry but he couldn’t find my sister anywhere and I sighed, he told me he wasn’t going to stop, ‘…The thing about Emily though- If she doesn’t want to be found, you’re not going to find her…’

“Nisky,” I looked up and saw some of my teammates looking at me, “You’ve got a look on your face- Everything all right?”

“Not sure,” I said and then moved onto the next voicemail, it was Seguin again, “Might need to head out to Boston.”

“Boston?” James asked and I looked at him, “What’d Em do now?”

“That’s a very good question,” I said and then sighed, stood up and threw my shirt over my head, “I’ll see you boys later.”

“See ya, Nisky!”

I left the locker room, headed down the hallway, out to the parking garage, to my car and drove home. I pulled into my driveway, opened my garage and then pulled my car in. I sighed as I walked out of the car, closed the garage door, walked into my house and was instantly jumped by my dog, my dog that I knew I crated before I left today.

“How’d you get out?” I laughed as I scratched her head and walked deeper into my home. I sighed and then watched as Smokey jumped off of me and then headed for the stairs, quickly running up them and I decided to follow her, “Smoke!” I called and saw her pushing the guest bedroom door opened with her head and sneaking inside.

I followed after her and walked into the room and sighed, there in front of me laid my missing sister, asleep on the bed, wearing my clothes. I walked over towards her, I noticed her tear stain cheeks and leaned down, petted her head and then kissed it.

“It’ll be all right, Em,” I breathed and then left her, wanting her to get some sleep. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket, walked downstairs, into my kitchen and dialed Seguin’s number.

“Hello?” I heard, the voice sounded miserable.

“So what exactly happened and have you found my sister?” I asked and there was a pause.

“I don’t even know what happened- It all happened so fast and then she thought I was cheating on her- I’ve never cheated on her!” Seguin growled and I sighed, “And I’ve looked all over Boston and I cannot find her- None of us can find her.”

“And you’re not going to find her,” I said and then pushed myself onto the counter.

“Why would you say- She’s not in Boston is she?”

“Nope,” I said and then saw my dog trot into the kitchen and look up at me.

“How the hell did she get to Pittsburgh so fast?!” he yelled and I sighed.

“You didn’t figure out that my sister is very capable and very good at disappearing?” I asked him and Seguin sighed, “She’s asleep upstairs, doesn’t know that I know she’s here.”

“I’m on my way,” Seguin said and I sighed, “Make sure she doesn’t leave!”

“I’ll do my best,” I said and then we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

I decided that I was going to make my sister something to eat to possibly pry her version of the story out of her and see what I could offer up to help her. I knew that my sister was in love with the Bruin, she was supposed to marry him this summer and nothing looked good if she was hiding out in Pittsburgh.

‘…I’m glad she decided to come here though…’ I thought and then heard footsteps coming down, ‘…Looks like she’s up- Here we go…’ I turned around and saw my sleepy sister in the doorway of my kitchen, she looked like she just rolled out of bed, which she most likely did, “Was wondering when you were going to wake up.”

Emily sighed and walked over towards me and I hugged her, she started to cry into my chest and I rubbed her back and held my baby sister close to me, “Matty,” she breathed and I sighed, “He called you, didn’t he?”

“Yup,” I said and she looked up at me, “He’s on his way.”

“No!” Emily barked and then backed away quickly, “I don’t want to see him.”

“Well he’s coming so you two can fix whatever is happening,” I said and she looked at me, “Why’d you call of the engagement?”

“I have no idea, my body acted before my brain,” she said, leaning against the wall and covering her face with her hands.

I walked over towards her, rubbed her arms and made her look at me, I wiped away her tears and kissed her head, “Tell me what happened, Emily.”