The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 095:

I sighed when my doorbell rang, my dog started to bark and she ran towards the door, I followed. It was going to be one of two people behind that door, James or Tyler. James had said he would come over for back up if, when Tyler got here, the two started to fight.

When I opened the door and found that Tyler, someone who flew from Boston to Pittsburgh, got here before James, someone who lived in Pittsburgh, I knew I was on my own. We nodded our heads at each other and I moved out of the way to let the poor kid inside. Smokey sniffed Tyler and then ran away, her interests were taken elsewhere.

“How is she?” Tyler asked and I sighed and rubbed my face, “That bad?”

“She locked herself in the room, won’t even talk to me,” I said and he sighed and nodded his head, “Want something to drink before you go up? You seriously might need it.”

“No, I’ll be fine,” Tyler said and then I watched as he pulled something out of his pocket, “I’m not leaving here until she comes back with me.”

“That’s the spirit,” I muttered, seeing the engagement ring in his hands, “Come on.”

-Tyler-
“Em, can you open the door?” Matt said as he stood in front of the door that Emily was hiding behind, “Em?”

I sighed and looked at Matt; he looked at me sadly and then knocked on the door again. We heard a faint ‘go away’ and then Matt looked at me and then back at the door.

“Em, please, talk to me,” he said and I leaned against the wall, “You always talk to me.”

“Go away!” she yelled louder and then must have thrown something at the door because I heard the crash.

Matt sighed, looked at me and then patted my shoulder and walked away, basically telling me that I was on my own. I took a deep breath and then took a step forward, gave a small knock on the door, “Emily, it’s me. Can we talk?” I didn’t get a response, I tried again, nothing. I heard a jingle and turned my head to see Matt’s dog walking up the stairs, he came over towards me. I backed up and watched as the dog scratched on the door, when it didn’t open, he gave out a few barks; I heard a person behind the door and moved out of the way. The door opened a little and the dog walked in, “Emily,” I said and the door was closing, but before it could, I slammed my hand onto it and pushed it open, walking into the dark room and seeing Emily looking nervous, “Em.”

“No Tyler,” she said and then turned around to go back towards the bed, but I grabbed her wrist and turned her around. She looked at me sadly, it broke my heart to see her red puffy eyes, they told me that she had been crying.

“Baby, just talk to me, please,” I said and she just looked at me, “Emily,” she didn’t say a word to me, I sighed and let her hand go and watched as she walked over towards the bed, climbed in, leaned against the bed post and hugged her knees, “Are you going to talk to me?” I asked and she didn’t even look at me, “All right, if you’re not going to talk to me, then listen,” I got her to look at me, but she never said anything, “I never cheated on you, Em. Yeah I’ve made some mistakes in my life, I’ve been with too many women, but when it came to you- When our relationship started,” I said and placed my hand on her knee, “I never did anything to make you think I cheated,” I said and moved myself on the bed so that I had a better view of her, “Are you going to say anything, Em?” she looked at me, I could see the sadness in her eyes, it broke my heart, “Well?”

“You came?” she breathed so quickly I almost didn’t hear her.

I let out a sigh of relief and a little laugh, “Of course I came,” I said, cupping her neck and rubbing my thumb against her neck, “I love you.”

“Tyler, I-“

“I never cheated on you, Em, I’ve-“

“I know,” she said and then placed her hands on my chest, “I know.”

“I’m sorry this all happened,” I said and then pulled Emily over to me and wrapped my arms around her and then felt her arms around my chest. I kissed the top of her head and we just sat there for a few moments, “I love you, Em.”

“I love you too, Ty- I’m sorry I ran.”

“You scared the shit out of me, Emily,” I said and she looked up at me, “I couldn’t find you anywhere, I was afraid that I would find you in another car accident or worse.”

“I’m sorry,” she said and I sighed.

“I’m kind of glad you did it though,” I said and she pulled back and looked at me confused.

“Did what? Ran?” she asked and I nodded my head, “Why?”

“Because,” I said and stared into her eyes and then cupped her face, “It gave me a chance to show you that I would chase you anywhere.”

“Ty,” she breathed and I then pressed my lips against hers.

I felt her hands move up my chest, over my shoulders and then her arms wrapped around my head. I bent down, placed my hands on her thighs, picked her up and laid her down onto the bed, climbing on top of her and intensifying the kiss. Clothes soon flew in every direction and I showed Emily how much I loved her.

-Emily-
“I think you’ll need this back,” Tyler said as I threw my clothes on. I turned back to him, he was still lying on the bed, on his back, an arm tucked under his head while the other was holding something out, I looked closely and saw it to be my ring, “And don’t take it off ever again.”

“Never,” I smiled and took it from him and slipped it on.

“Come ‘ere,” he said and I climbed back onto the bed, laid on top of him and felt his arms wrap around me, “I love you, Emily.”

“I love you too, Tyler,” I said and felt him kiss my forehead, “Let’s go home.”

“In the morning,” he chuckled and I looked down at him, “You kind of wore me out.”

“Am I too much to handle?” I teased and Tyler smirked.

“Definitely, but you’re not going to leave me- I’ll wear you out one day,” he said and I giggled and pressed my lips against his.

When morning came Tyler and I left my brother’s and headed back to Boston, where we were greeted by Brad and Brooke. Brooke hugged me so hard I couldn’t breathe, she was happy to see me and I was happy to be back, feeling like a fooling for running in the first place.

Brad and Brooke dropped us off at Tyler’s apartment, and I found it to be empty, all of his friends from back home were gone, Tyler told me he sent them home early. I was upset about it, but he quickly shut me up by kissing me. The kissing soon turned into rubbing and then rubbing turned into, picking me up and carrying me to the bedroom and having Tyler’s way with me again.

-Tyler-
A week had gone by and everything was going back to normal, I’ve had one game, two days again, a losing one against Buffalo. This afternoon we had one against Pittsburgh and then tomorrow against Florida, after that we’re on the road for a few days. Regular season was coming to an end and I knew that I needed to step up my game if I wanted to help the team win the cup again.

I woke up to the alarm going off, I sucked in the morning air, looked next to me to see an empty bed. I shot up and looked around, nothing. I sighed and jumped out of bed, usually I woke up in the morning to Emily cuddled into my side, so I was a little surprised to not see her there.

‘…Come to think of it, I didn’t hear her come to bed last night…’ I thought, going to bed a little early last night because I was tired and had an early game today. I walked down the hall and to the little balcony that looked over the dining and living room and smirked. There she was, asleep at the kitchen table with the lap above the table lit, her laptop in front of her and her school books all around her, ‘…Right where I left her…’

I walked over towards her, saw that she was in the middle of grading some tests and writing down the results in her grading book. I saw that she had her planner for the school year out and was going over what she was going to be doing, and I saw a flying next to her laptop, the school needed a new Coach for the girls’ soccer team.

“Em,” I called and shook her shoulder a little, she groaned, “Em,” I called again and she just groaned louder. I chuckled and leaned down, kissing her cheek and poking her sides, laughing when she jumped up, “You fell asleep.”

I laughed when a piece of paper was stuck to her forehead, “Shut up,” she grumbled and then placed all of her papers together, “I have so much to do it’s not even funny,” she whined and I smirked and kissed her cheek, “I have tests to grade, grades to put in my book, I have to figure out a final, because it’s almost the end of the year- Not to mention I have wedding stuff that I need to finalize- I have my dress appointment in two days and you know, we still don’t have a location on where this wedding is going to be.”

“I thought we were going to have it here in Boston- Or we could have it up in Canada,” I said and she looked at me and nodded her head, '...Guess it's a good thing I have the girls working on just about everything else with the wedding. One less thing for her to be stressed about...'

“I don’t care where, I could run off to Vegas with you right now,” she said and I chuckled and pressed my lips onto her.

“Might be a little hard since I have a game in four hours,” I said and Emily giggled. She looked back at her paperwork and I saw the soccer flyer again, “What’s this?”

“One of the teachers handed me that, thought I would be interested,” she said and I nodded my head.

“Are you?”

“Not really, I’ve got too much on my plate to add something else,” she said and I just patted her thigh.

“Well, how ‘bout I make breakfast and you go take a shower,” I said and she looked at me and smirked, “I have a game to win soon, and you have a brother to see.”