Status: Complete

Well Hello There, Mr. Carter

Chapter 7: The funeral

*Annie's POV*

The day of the funeral I didn't see many people I knew. The only ones I did know I hadn't seen in years. I smiled and spoke to the people who used to be my friends but they all seemed like strangers now. "You ready?" Dwayne put his arm around me. "Is one ever ready to give a eulogy about someone who was like your brother?" I wiped a tear. "You gon be okay shawty." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

Everyone filed into the church. The pastor spoke but I didn't hear a thing all I could think about was all the great times I had with Ronny. I was so deep in thought I didn't even hear the pastor call me up to give my eulogy. "Annie." Dwayne nudged me. I shook my head and walked up to the pedestal. I sighed. "I really don't know what to say." Everyone chuckled. "What I do know however is that Ronny James was the best friend I could ever ask for. I'll never forget the first time I met him, I was 14 years old. I didn't know he'd mean so much to me at first but I was proven wrong. Everytime I saw him I know this is gonna sound strange but it felt like my heart was gonna jump out of my throat." I chuckled. "I know that wherever he is right now he's at peace. He isn't in anymore pain but most importantly he's free..." I couldn't control my tears. My best friend in the whole wide world was gone now forever. The only guy I had left to look out for me was Dwayne Michael Carter the one I loved most.