Status: See my profile for more Tony Perry. ♥~♥

The Plague

New Beginnings

Anna slowly raised her hands and tears started to pour down her cheeks. "Please don't shoot me." she whimpered.
The boy quickly lowered the shotgun and the silhouette turned into a human as he stepped into the room. "I won't shoot you." he said gently.
Benjamin let out a warning growl and the boy stepped back.
"Will he bite me?" he asked, staring nervously at the dog.
"No." Anna said quietly and looked up at the boy. He had long black hair down to his shoulders and a tanned baby face. Streaks of dirt and tattoos covered his body, and mud was splattered all over his clothes. Anna wondered what he had been doing.
Benjamin stopped growling and proceeded to eat his beans, keeping an eye on the boy.
"Are you okay?" he asked Anna, still watching Benjamin.
"Yeah, I'm okay." she said.
He laid his shotgun on the floor and stepped closer to Anna. "You don't look okay."
"What do you mean?" she asked, stepping back.
"I won't hurt you." he put his hands up. "But what I mean is that you are so skinny...when was the last time you had eaten?"
Anna shrugged. "I don't know...yesterday morning?"
The boy frowned. "Would you like me to make you something?"
"No, I can do it. But you can leave."
The boy raised his eyebrows. "Excuse me?"
"I found this cabin. It's mine now. You can leave." Anna said defiantly.
The boy scoffed. "Uh, actually, this is my cabin. I was out hunting."
"Looks like you caught a lot." Anna said sarcastically.
The boy sighed and was silent for a moment. "The animals are moving west. There's no more food out here."
Anna frowned and shrugged. "Well, too bad. This is mine now."
The boy laughed and reached for the shotgun. "Oh, really?" He aimed it at her. "Whose is it now?"
Anna's heart stopped and she stepped back. "I'm sorry."
"Whose cabin is it?" he demanded.
"Yours. It's all yours. My dog and I will leave now." Anna said.
There was a moment of silence between the two. Benjamin knew better not to go and bite the boy, but he growled nevertheless.
Breaking the silence, Anna's stomach let out a desperate wail of hunger, loud enough to make the boy lower his shotgun again.
"Are you hungry?" he asked.
"Obviously." Anna whispered.
He put the shotgun on the floor and walked to her. "My name is Tony." he said, and put out his hand.
Anna stared at it for a moment and shook it.. "I'm Anna."
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave tons of feedback! I'm excited about this story. :D ♥