Status: work in progress

I Almost Do

One

The intense sun rays poured down onto Sadie Brooks' back. "This is heaven" she mumbled to her
best friend Alisha, who was laying out on her own towel next to her. "I know, I'm so glad to be away
from work and all my responsibilities" Alisha responded. "I'm gonna go run to the bathroom. Be right
back!" Sadie nodded to her friend and watched her hop off her towel and run towards the outdoor bathrooms. She then sat up so she could glance around at the scenery.

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon in Wasaga Beach. The beach wasn't too crowded. A couple of families splashed around in the water, some teenage boys were attempting to surf and kids were giggling as they build little sand castles. Sadie smiled to herself then went to grab her phone to see what time it was when a voice shouted "Look out!". She didn't react fast enough and a football hit her right on her head.

"Shit I'm really sorry, are you okay? Are you bleeding? Do you need to go to a doctor or something? How many fingers am I holding up" Suddenly three fingers were placed in front of her face. "Um, three" Sadie backed away and turned toward the voice. Bright, warm brown eyes were staring into her blue eyes. She glanced down at he's bare chest and noticed the tattoo sleeve covering his left arm. Looking back up at him she smiled a little and he smiled back revealing small dimples. "Are you sure you're okay? I'm so sorry about that me and my friends were goofing off and I accidently over threw the ball" he said with a sheepish grin. "It's fine, no damage done" Sadie replied as she went to stand up and felt her knees start to wobble.

Strong arms were wrapped around her hips in an instant and guided her back to the ground. "Maybe you should take it easy" he said with a chuckle. "Yeah that's probably a good idea" Sadie said looking down at her hips where the guys arms were still attached. He followed her eyes and quickly took his hands off her while his cheeks turned a light pink.

The two continued to stare at each other until a voice broke them out of their trance. "Uh Ty, you gonna come back or just sit here and stare at the poor girl". They both looked up and Sadie saw a tall brunette standing behind them. "Yeah I'm coming. Uh I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Tyler" he said extending his hand. "Sadie" she said accepting his hand shake. "I'm Jesse" said the man standing behind the pair. "Nice to meet you Jesse" she replied. "I'm gone for like five minutes and you already managed snag two boys up. Good job Sades, I'm teaching you well" Sadie turned towards her best friend with a grin. "Leesh, this is Tyler and Jesse" They all exchanged quick hellos.

"Well I hate to steal him away from you Sadie, but we gotta get back to our place. We're having a barbeque later on" Sadie nodded her head then went to stand up, this time having success. "You guys should stop by. I mean if you want to" Tyler said looking at her like a nervous school boy. "Of course we'll be there!" Alisha shouted before Sadie could get a response out. "Cool. Give me your number and I'll text you the address" Tyler said. Grabbing her phone off her towel the two exchanged phones and quickly punched in their numbers. "Alright, we'll see you guys later" and with that the boys left.

Alisha sent a sly smile to Sadie. "Someone's getting laid tonight!" she teased her poking her sides. "Oh my God, stop it!" Sadie said with a laugh, swatting her friends hands away. "Nothing's gonna happen. It's just a barbeque." she said as she started packing up her things so the girls could go back to their lake house and get ready. "Yeah, just a barbeque" Alisha said in a mocking tone. Sadie rolled her eyes but deep down inside she had butterflies filling her stomach. She couldn't wait to talk to Tyler some more.
♠ ♠ ♠
This randomly came to me in when I was spacing out in class, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Sorry about the Kaner story. I'll try to get back into that one but no promises! I'm going to try to put up updates for this every two days. Keep in mind it's my senior year and I have prom right around the corner so I'm a little busy, but I'll try my best!!
Comment and let me know what you think!!

<3 Morgan!!