Status: active people!

Violet

yeah, she's my little sister.

“we are so late” Jared, my best friend said in a panic. I laughed at him and pulled him by the hood into our class. It was our last class of the day. College. Whew, thank god it’s almost over!

“you are late.” Mr. Jay yelled at Jared and I. I rolled my eyes and sat in the empty chair. We aren’t fucking late. I glanced at the clock and realized we were. Ha, like I was going to admit to Jared we were late. I pulled out my notebook and began taking the autonomy notes.

“hey lil, why did we want to become doctors again?” Jared leaned over and asked. I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. I didn’t really know why I wanted to be a doctor. Maybe to help people, or the money, or the label of doctor.

“money.” I whispered. Jared laughed and nudged my foot with his. I watched the class with my violet eyes. Yes, violet. I was born with an eye mutation. It has to do with the pigments in the iris of the eye. Jared always told me they looked cool. I hate them.

“oh right. Well, I guess saving people is just a bonus.” He laughed. I laughed with him. I had known Jared since I was 13. He had stolen my lunch, after I punched him in the jaw we became best friends.

“okay! So, tomorrow you have no class. Take this time to write your thesis. I don’t want to read another paper about the male genitals!” Mr. Jay yelled making the class laugh. I snorted which caused everyone to look at me. I hated when they looked at me, they always pointed out my eyes.

“what are you going to write about, freak girl?” a busty blonde asked snapping her gum. What are we in? high school?

“her eyes of course!” the quarterback next to her shouted. They all laughed and high fived. I sunk into my chair and my red hair fell in front of my face, hiding me. I felt Jared grab my hand.

Mr. Jay excused class 10 minutes early. Jared stood up and stretched. I looked at him and smiled softly. Jared was tall with blonde hair. His baby blues shone brightly underneath his sleek glasses when he smiled. He wasn’t scrawny but he wasn’t over musclefied. Basically every woman wanted him.

Jared grabbed my hand and threw me over his shoulder gently. He grabbed my bag and ran out the door. I screamed with laughter when he skidded through campus and nearly ran into the busty blonde. She screamed at us. When we made it to our dorm Jared threw me on my bed and sat in his blue wheelie chair.

“don’t forget tomorrow we have that trip to the hospital.” Jared reminded me. I nodded and jumped up to look at my closet.

“yeah, yeah, yeah. Check that we are still doing our residency there next month. I know! How about we go clubbing tonight?” I asked him. He chuckled and hopped up. He clapped his hands and began digging around in his pile of clothes. I turned to my own pile and pulled out my outfit I smiled when I slipped on the deep red dress. I ran my hair through my curly hair. I quickly did my makeup. Jared walked out of the bathroom looking like a real stud.

“damn! Sexy mama!” Jared sang when he saw me. I laughed and punched his arm playfully. He chuckled and put on his watch. “come on, let’s get drunk!”

“yes!” I laughed as we walked out of the dorms. We live close to a local club so we can just walk and not get into much trouble. We were there within five minutes. I took a moment to notice we were across the street from the hospital. What an odd place for a bar. why I never noticed this before, I didn’t know.

I sat on the stool sipping my drink as Jared was out seducing young women. I laughed as I watched a girl magnetize herself to his pelvic area. I gulped the last of my drink and spun around to order another.

“you sucked that right down. How are ya Lilly?” the bartender asked. He was a cool dude who always talked to me. I would find myself alone because what guy had the balls to ask a freak girl to dance? No one.

“hey Tim! I’m fine. Kinda stressed though, I have to go the hospital tomorrow to find out about my residency.” I told him. I took a long drink of the alcohol he set down for me.

“you’ve grown up so fast! I remember when you first came in here. You and Jared stumblin’ like fools. Piss drunk you two were!” he laughed. I began to laugh with him. Jared and I have known Tim our entire college life! He supplies our booze, but he’s like a second father to me.

“ don’t remind me! how’s Cathy doing? And Jim-Jam?” I asked. Cathy is his wife and Jim-Jam is his 15 year old son. The whole family is full of sweet people. Cathy always makes Jared and I casserole for holidays, including our birthday!

“oh Cat’s doing good! She just won an award at the school. Most successful teacher! Jimmy’s still in love with ya Lilly! Says your hair reminds him of the ‘summer sun’. his exact words!” he laughed. I giggled and took another long drink.

“that’s great! Tell her congrats for me!” I told him. he smiled at me and nodded. he glanced over and saw some customers and bustled about making their drinks. I smiled at him. he really loved his job. I was happy for him.

“ violet eyes, interesting.” A man said. I turned to see a sleazy looking man staring at me. I frowned at him.

“yeah…” I answered unsure. He took another step towards me and put his sweaty hand on my thigh. I got some serious bad vibes from this guy.

“why don’t we get out of here.” He said. I tried to slap his hand away but his other hand caught my wrist with a painful grip.

“leave me alone.” I growled. I wouldn’t let someone hurt me like this ever again. My thoughts were interrupted.

“listen, bitch, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.” He said to me. I yanked my arm back but he was stronger and pulled me out of my seat. “good, I always liked the hard way”

I looked to Jared for help but he was crotch deep in some blonde bimbo. I looked to Tim but he was helping a customer. I looked back at the sleaze ball and pushed away from him. he just laughed and punched me in the gut. I groaned. Why was no one helping me?

“come on sweets, I’ve got things to do.” He said. I lifted my free hand and punched him in the nose. He lost his balance and fell, taking me down with him. “bad move”

Oh shit.

He straddled my hips and punched me. I tried to push him off but he was stronger than I. I could taste the blood in my mouth. I realized no one was going to help me. I covered my face with my hands hoping he would stop. A few more blows came then suddenly it stopped.

“Lilly!” I heard Tim’s voice. I felt cold hands gently touching my hands. I didn’t do anything out of fear he would hit me again.

“Lilly. it’s okay. My name is Blake. I’m not going to hurt you.” a smooth deep voice said. I slowly moved my hands away from my face and looked at the man who kneeled in front of me.

“w-wh-who are you?” I stuttered. My violet eyes wide as I studied him. he was very handsome. He had sharp features and jet black hair. He tensed in a way I knew he was hiding something. He looked kind and lonely.

“Blake, my name is Blake.” He said softly. He held out his hand and I hesitantly took hold of it. his hand was a little rough, from work I assume, but gentle and cold. I noticed it was very cold. Like touching metal outside in the winter. He pulled me up and sat me in a chair.

“thank you, Blake. H-he w-wa-was…” I trailed off as I grabbed my forehead.

“shush its okay. He’s gone.” He whispered as he rubbed my arm.

“LILLY! WHAT THE FUCK!” Jared screamed when he spotted me. he rushed up to me and crushed me in a hug.

“where were you?” I whispered softly. He was the only one who knew about what happened.

“I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.” He whispered. He turned to Blake and grabbed his hand shaking it quickly. “thank you! if she would have gotten hurt…”

“no problem” Blake said as he looked between us. “you two are, uh, together?”

I giggled at him. they looked at me with confusion. “no. no. no, we’re roomies” I laughed. Jared rolled his eyes at me. cut me some slack I was just attacked.

“yeah, she’s my little sister.” Jared told Blake, who looked between us for resemblance. Jared always told people we were siblings. He assumed the role when we first met.

“oh.” Blake said. I jumped up and hugged him tightly. He tensed under my grip but soon hugged me back.

“thank you again.” I told him. he nodded and smiled at me. I turned to Tim and hugged him.

“I’m glad you’re okay, squirt. Come by tomorrow and tell me how it turns out.” He told me after I released him. I kissed his cheek and nodded.

“carry me?” I asked Jared. He rolled his eyes and picked me up bridal style and walked us home.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay first chapters up!
tell me what you think! i love comments. :)
ENJOY
-R