Status: I am not taking this down, but it is hiatus for a short moment.

Dear Kellin

one

Friday, April 12, 2013


I sat cross-legged in my desk as I waited impatiently for the bell to ring. I had the letter in my bag, and the post office was on my walk home. I could use the money I had in my wallet to buy a stamp and send it off. It took a day to send a letter from Tallahassee to Orlando. I wasn't a stalker; my dad lived there and he would tell me when he got my letters when I was younger. Suprisingly, I remembered that, and the time he left.

I looked out of the door of the classroom and saw the familiar face of my mother. She was waving and jumping around about something. I dropped my head and held my hands in front of my face as an attempt to hide myself from her.

"Chelsea, I think it's time for you to go," Mr. White said from beside me. I sighed, standing up and grabbing my bag and hoodie before walking out into the hallway. My mom was almost six feet tall, with brown eyes and brown hair that was cut in a pixie cut. She was one of the most beautiful women in my life, but she could be annoying and embarrassing like now. However, the smile on her face told me she was hiding something.

"I have a surprise for you!" My mom said excitedly as she practically skipped down the hallway to the front entrance of Quaker County High School. We walked to her Volvo where I had to squint to realize my grandmother sitting in the passenger side.

"Abuela!" I ran to my grandmother and let her embrace me like she did when I was a little girl.

"My baby," she whispered in my ear. "My beautiful baby, how are you?" She placed a light kiss on my forehead and looked at me. My grandmother was taller than me but shorter than my mom. I was jealous that I had to be the short one, but my mom told me I was the most beautiful part of the family because I was a blessing.

"I'm great now. When did you get here?"

"A few hours ago. Your madre and I planned a special surprise for you."

As she spoke, I examined my grandmother's features. She was almost fifty-two and looked thirty-one. She had my mom when she was twenty. She was basically chastised by her family and ran away with my grandfather from Mexico to Tallahassee where my grandfather found a job. He got wealthy, and they had enough money to raise my mom. However, when my mom was fourteen, she got pregnant with me. My father was sixteen. My grandparents never left her side because they didn't want the same fate for her. A couple years ago, my grandmother made peace with her family and went on a year vacation with my grandfather back to Mexico.

"What is it?"

My grandmother kissed my forehead. "You'll see when we get there." My grandmother had the same smile my mother had on her face when we walked out of school. I didn't argue, though. I got into the backseat.

"Can we stop by the post office first? It's really important that I get this letter mailed."

"I promise before today is over we will stop by, but this is more important, hija."

"Okay." I sighed and looked out at the window. I had no idea where we were going. I had no idea when we would get there. I had no idea what I was expecting. All I knew was that I was bored, and my phone was dead. This would be a long trip.

Image


I woke up to my grandmother tapping my shoulder. I sat up and looked around my surroundings. We were at my grandparents' house, and the kitchen light was on. I looked at the front door and unbuckled my seat beat as I got out of the backseat and walked to the figure standing in the doorway. As I got closer, his features became clearer. I noticed his arms were help open. I couldn't help but smile when I hugged my grandfather.

"Chelsea, you have grown so much in just one year." My grandfather's arms held me as we hugged.

"Abuelo, you know I'm still five-foot-two." I laughed as my grandfather let me go. He followed me inside as I made my way to the living room. There were two wrapped boxes on the coffee table, the smaller of the two addressed to my mom. I sat on the recliner across from the television and waited for my family to enter the house. When they did, my grandmother hurried to the coffee table. She handed the smaller box to my grandfather and carried the bigger box. She stood in the middle of the room and smiled.

"This is something we have been planning for a long, long time. Visiting Mexico made it easier for us to realize that now is the time to present these. There is only one gift from your Christmas wishlists in these boxes, but the rest are gifts from your entire family. My grandfather looked at her as she nodded. They both handed my mom and I our boxes at the same time.

"Listos...listos...ya!" My grandfather said and my mom and I opened our boxes. The first thing I noticed was a ticket. It wasn't just any ticket, it was a ticket to Warped Tour 2013. I was going to meet Kellin Quinn. My eyes filled with tears as I kissed the ticket. This was it; this was my chance.Au
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if there really is a Quaker County High School in Tallahassee but hey, fun times bro!
Anyways, enjoy :)