Status: try to update once a new chapter is finished

Not for Long

Adventure

So we all climb into Jaime’s mom’s minivan and start our adventure to Tumby’s Pizza. THE most wonderful place on earth. Their pizza is to die for. If I was on death row, for my last meal I would order a large deluxe pizza. If you don’t know what a deluxe pizza is, leave. Right now. I’m serious. Anyway, I just can’t fathom something like that. Has he been living under a rock all of his life? Oh, that’s right. He has. He lived in Michigan. Ha, I’m funny. Don’t tell him I said that though. Kay? Thanks.

“What are you thinking?” asked Kellin. We were sitting in the very back, while Mike was in the middle and Tony in the passenger seat. Obviously, Jaime is driving.

“Huh, oh nothing. We have done a lot today. I haven’t even noticed.” I said just to change the subject. We made a deal.

“Oh, that’s right. It’s nearly 7. I should really text Amy. Time just really flew. Um, I don’t know if I should get pizza. I have to get Ryan showered and into bed and then clean before my mother gets home from work. Do you think Jaime can turn around?” Kellin was talking a mile a minute. He was kind of having a panic attack. I quickly hugged him.

“It’s okay. They really want pizza and we are almost there but I’ll ask him if I could take you back home. Okay? No, need to worry. Everything will be okay.” I rubbed his hair down trying to get him to calm down. It seems to be working.

“Thank you, Vic. This means so much to me.” Kellin said falling into my embracing and getting back to normal breathing. He really cares about his siblings. I mean, I care for Mike, a lot, but Kellin is on a whole different level. He is acting like their parent. Finally, we pulled into the parking lot and everyone rushed out of the van. I quickly pulled Jaime to the side to ask him.

“Hey man, do you think I could steal the car for a quick sec? I need to get kellin back home. His siblings need to get ready for bed.” I asked pleadingly. He thought for a second but handed me the keys.

“Thanks, man. I owe you one,” I said as I ran back to the car.

“Yeah, whatever. Don’t wreck my mom’s car!” He shouted as I pulled out of the parking lot and headed towards Kellin’s home. The car ride there was quiet. I could tell that he wasn’t down worrying until we arrived at his house. It was really cute, his concentration face. His eyebrows close in and he squints his eyes. As if he could make the cars in front of us disappear.

“Hey, everything will be okay. I promise,” I reached over and grabbed his hand. He squeezed and smiled my way. That seemed to relax him a little. As we pulled to a red light, I turned the radio on with my other hand. I didn’t want to let go of his hand, even for a second. His hand is the softest thing I ever felt. I’m glad I met Kellin. Even though I don’t know that much about him, just being with him feels amazing. I can’t wait to see what this can become.

I pulled down his street and all the stress came back tenfold until we made it to his house. I pulled into the driveway and turned off the car. I got out and ran to his door but he was already halfway to the front door. He swung the door open so fast, I’m sure he scared whoever is on the other side of that door. I jogged to catch up and saw relief fill his face. He hugged everyone tightly.

“No one died, calm down you freak,” said Kayla as she was fighting him off.

“NO! Never,” laughed Kellin. I hung around the background just to make sure everything was okay. He seems a lot better. Ryan came up to me and handed me a drawing he had recently made. You wouldn’t believe what was on it. It was Kellin and me holding hands. It was stick figures but it had our names in bright red. It had a giant heart hanging above us. It was cute.

“Can I keep this? I really like it. You did a wonderful job. You’re so talented,” I smiled towards him. Ryan nodded his head. I could see Kellin trying to get a look but I hid it from him. All he could do is pout.

“Come on, let me see. Don’t be mean to me,” he begged. I just shoved it in my shirt. He wouldn’t attack me with everyone in the living room. Kayla was laughing so much at Kellin’s misery. Amy was smiling amused and Ryan was running to get another paper.

“Here Kellin, I made another copy,” said Ryan running to Kellin. Kellin stuck his tongue at me and looked at the paper. His face immediately turned bright red as he stared. The longer he stared, the redder his face became. Which is very red apparently. I have never seen a face turn that red. I wonder if that’s safe. All I and everyone, started laughing so hard. That only caused it to turn even redder. Kayla fell to the floor and kellin stormed into the kitchen.

“He likes it, Ryan,” I winked at him and he giggled. I followed Kellin into the kitchen.

“As much as I love seeing your face turn red, I have to get back. They should be done by now,” I said as I gave him a hug. He turned and hugged me back. His face still felt hot from all the blushing he did. It was very cute.

“Okay, I’ll see you at school tomorrow?” He asked as we pulled apart.

“Of course. I’ll call you tonight when I get home, sound good?” I asked as we started walking toward the door.

“Yeah, can’t wait.” He smiled and waved me off. I ran to the car and hopped in. I waved one last time and pulled away. I rushed back to Tumby’s and made it just in time as the others were walking out. Everyone climbed in and I changed seats with Jaime. Mike handed me my slices and I ate them as they chatted. Today was the best day of my life. I haven’t felt this happy in a very, very long time. I just can’t stop smiling. Today was a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, two updates in a row. Hopefully, I'll update tomorrow as well. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you thought.