Status: try to update once a new chapter is finished

Not for Long

Making Plans

Kellin's p.o.v
"Hey aren't you gonna eat?" Vic asked once he seen that I didn't have any food.
"No. I'm not h-hungry." I lied. I didn't need to eat. I was already fat as fuck. Well that's what everyone kept telling me after a while I believed them.
"Oh. Okay." He said taking a bite out of his bagel. Shortly after the bell rung telling us to go to our 1st period.
"Come on we should get to class." Said Vic guiding me through the crowds of people. Man there is a lot of people here. Even through the school is huge as fuck there is at least 1000 more people than there should be. Finally we arrived at a room that was playing music but not rap or that other shit. The teacher was playing rock music. I already like this teacher and I haven't even met them yet. Vic leads me to the teacher-who looks like a student to me-.
"Mr.Cooke, this is Kellin he's new here." Vic said getting the teacher's attention.
"Oh. Hi I'm Mr.Cooke. Vic he can sit next to you ok?" Said Mr Cooke who has an unsurprisingly high pitched voice. I mean you just need to see him to understand what I'm trying to say. He does have a weird taste in style but it looks good on him.
"Ok. Come on Kellin." Vic said walking to his desk at the back of the room. Right as I sit the tardy bell rings and Mr.Cooke runs up to the door to close it. Then walks to the iPod that was playing the music in the front of the room.
"Good morning period 1." Mr.Cooke greets us.
"GOOD MORNING MR.COOKE!" Everyone yells back at the top of their lungs. I jump at the sudden out burst and Vic puts his hand on my shoulder and it surprisingly comforts me.
"We do that to earn class points." Vic informs me. I give him a confused look and he chuckles.
"I'll explain later." I nod in agreement.
"Class we have a new student today." Mr.Cooke says and signals for me to stand up. Oh great. As soon as I stand up everyone's eyes are on me. I suddenly get really self-conscious.
"This is Kellin er…" he trails off.
"Quinn" I say.
"Right." He said. "Welcome."
"Thanks." I say and sat back down.
"Ok so today's song of the day is "Madness" by Muse." He continues on with the class, reading everything off the board. I space out and start to write lyrics.
"Ok lets partner up." Said Mr.Cooke once I finished a verse that I am very satisfied with. I give Vic another confused look and he chuckles. We are doing an in-class partnered project. So do you want be partners?" He asked with a hopeful smile. I nodded. "Cool." He said.
"So what's the project on?" I asked surprised I didn't stutter.
"We have to do different forms of poems like end rhyme, free verse, or I think we could write a poem in a form of a song. I'm not sure but I'll ask."he finished with a sign.
"Ok." I said. We didn't really do the project. We mainly just talked about random shit. The period went by pretty fast if you ask me. Sooner than I thought I was sitting at the table waiting for the guys to return with their food.
"Hey, how come you're not eating?" Asked Jaime sitting down.
"Oh uh. I-I'm not hungry." I lied well partly.
"Oh ok." He said taking a bit out of his pizza. Soon Tony and Vic came back with their food in hand.
"Hey guys." Someone from behind me said. The person walked up to the table and sat next to Tony. He was really tall and skinny. He had tattoos and a lip piercing. He also had long brown hair. "Who's this?" He asked pointing to me.
"Oh. This is Kellin. He's new here" Vic introduced me.
"Hi. I'm Mike."Mike said holding out his hand. I shook it to be polite.
"How could you eat that shit?" Mike asked pointing to Jaime's greasie pizza.
"I'm really hungry" Jaime said with a mouthful of food.
"So what are we doing after school." Mike asked looking at everyone.
"Oh we are taking baby boy to the beach." Tony said and everyone laughed at my new nickname.
"Cool. Can't wait." Mike said standing up. "I'm gonna go have a smoke." He said and walked off. Vic looked disappointed when he said that.
"You okay?" I asked while Tony and Jaime were aguring which movie is better, Toy Story or Star Wars.
"Mike is my younger brother and I don't like that he does what he does but I can't really do anything. It is his choice." Vic said looking down.
"Oh. I see." I didn't really know what to say. I mean I would be sad or disappointed if Kayla, Amy, or Ryan did that. After they finished eating we decided to walk around since we had like 10 minutes left.
"So why'd you move to San Diego or California from that matter?" Jaime asked me.
"Oh because my mom wanted a change in scenery and I always wanted to live by the beach." I lied
I never wanted to live by a beach and my mom sure as hell didn't want to move.
"Oh well you'll love the beach. I guarantee it." Jaime said excitedly.
"Cool can't wait." I said as the bell rang.
-x-
it wasn't long until 2nd period was over and I made my way to the student parking lot.
"Hey Kellin wait up."said Vic running to catch up with me. I slowed down my pace and turned to face him.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Do you need a ride to the beach." He asked and bit on his lower lip. Damn. It was so adorable.
"Oh I actually have a car." I said and call me crazy but he looked almost disappointed once I said that. Why would he be disappointed? He doesn't even like me. Right?
"Oh ok but do you want to follow me to the beach?" He asked.
"Yeah. Sure." I said turning around to walk to my car. I saw Mike waiting by a black mustang. Which was parked right by my blue Mazda. After we pulled out onto the street we made our way to the beach. Once we parked at the beach Mike practically jump out of their car and ran to the beach tiring off his shirt along the way. Lucky he was already wearing shorts. I waited for Vic on the pathway that leads to the beach. The beach was beautiful to look at. There was barely anyone there. We started walking towards Mike. We didn't get into the water because we were both wearing pants and I didn't want anyone to see....nevermind. so we just walk alongside the shoreline. We walked in silence but not uncomfortable silence, at least to me it wasn't. Vic cleared his throat about to speak but decided against it.
"Where's Jaime and Tony? Are they coming?" I asked finally breaking the silence.
"Oh they had to do something." He said looking down with his hands in his pockets.
"Oh okay." I said. "Wow. Its beautiful here." I continued, staring at the ocean. The sun started to go down and it left and mixture of colors in the sky
"Yeah it is. I love coming here to think and clear my head or to just get away. Ya know." Vic said looking up at the sunset.
"Yeah. I could definitely get used to this." I said and he chuckled. We continued walking a little longer.
"So how are you liking it here?" Vic asked looking at me.
"So far. I really like it." I said truthfully and smiled and he smiled that beautiful smile that I would die-wait what am I saying. He will never be remotely interested in a fat ugly disgusting person like me.
"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked sounding genuinely concerned.
"What. Oh yeah I'm fine." I said avoiding eye contact.
"No you're not I can tell." Damn how does he know.
"I'm fine Vic. Really." I said giving him a reassuring smile. I could just tell that he didn't buy it but thankfully he didnt push it. And I was thankfully for that. I nudged him to prove that I was fine. And he gently push me back. I pushed back but I didn't intent for him to fall in the water. "Oh my God. Vic I'm sor-" I was cut off by him pulling me in the water with him. When I resurfaced I push him into the water again. We ended up wrestling in the water almost drowning each other. "Okay. Okay you win." I said out of breath.
"Good." He laughed and got out pulling me with him. I laughed along with him. Once we got out I started to shiver from how cold it had gotten.
"Are you cold?" He asked. I nodded. "Come on I think I have a blanket or jacket or something in the car." He said leading me to his car. Once we reached the car he opened the trunk and got out a jacket for me and himself.
"Thanks." I said putting it on.
"No prob." He said. I walked to my car to get my phone to check the time. Thank God I left it there and not in my pocket. That would have sucked. I checked the time-5:30-.
"Shit!" I said. I didn't know time went by that fast.
"What's wrong?" Vic asked coming to stand beside me.
"I have to go. My little brother and sisters are waiting for me." I said handing him his jacket.
"Keep it." He said handing it back to me.
"You sure? " I questioned.
"Yeah. I have a ton of jackets that I don't even wear." He said and smile. I smiled back and put the jacket back on.
"Thanks." I said.
"No prob. I didn't know you had siblings." He said curiously.
"Yeah. One brother and two sisters. I'm the oldest.
"Cool." He said smiling. I just smiled back.
"Yeah you should meet them." It slipped out. On my God. "I mean you don't have to…nevermind." I said opening my door to get in.
"Wait. No I'd love to." He said pulling me back.
"O-okay." I said. "You could come over then?" I asked more than stated.
"Yeah. How about I change and met you at you place." Vic said.
"Yeah. Okay. Do you have a piece of paper and a pen?" I asked so I could give him my address.
"I have a pen." He said handing me the pen. I decided to write it on his hand. I also wrote my phone number on it just in case. I guess.
"Cool. I'll see you later then." He said smiling.
I smiled back. "Most definitely." I said getting in my car and putting the key in the ignition.
"Mike! Lets go!" Vic called out to his younger brother. I waved goodbye and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment on what you think. Thank you for reading. The teacher Mr.Cooke is pronounced like cook.