Status: Oh so sinful

Blurring the Lines

Prologue

It’s been years, since the War of Sin happened. The War of Sin, as the history books called it, happened when different countries broke out in a nuclear war. Enemies became friends, friends became enemies, and scores of people and cultures were wiped clean off the map, no longer existing. People and religions became extinct.

The world was filled with hatred, sin and it needed to be purged, it needed to be sorted and classed, so that the world may never know the pain of destruction, corruption and dysfunction. To stop the crime and the war, it was decided, that a classification would be set into place, a classification to weed out those that were evil from those that were inherently good.

On a child’s fifteenth birthday, they would undergo a test of mind, body and personality. They would then be classified as a Sin or a Virtue, and they would live their life by this most defining feature. Because once their true self was revealed in this test, this revelation, they could do no harm, they would be known for what they were.

Virtues would find it in their job to protect the world from the violent nature of the Sins, they would conduct, rule, and preside over all decisions, for it was in the Virtue’s nature to know what is best, to make decisions based off of good values.

Sins, would work to repent for what they were, to show that they were deeply sorry for their true, evil nature. They would not accept the special qualities in life, they would not receive special treatment. They would repent, every day for their true nature.

This was how the war, the devastation and heartbreak was solved. And it worked. The world was brought to peace, human kind was able to rebuild, though some places, mostly what had been known as Asia and North America, were still riddled with toxic fumes, the land unable to be tilled from the bombing, the fighting.

No mention of war or fighting every came again. Until recent times. Though neither side wants to admit the storm that was approaching, something was changing. Something among the two sides, that had learned to coexist was off-balance.

More children were being classified as Sins, and it was getting harder and harder to except that, even with the top of the line technology. But the Virtue’s were persistent, knowing that they could not let the world fall again that they had to make sure God’s mission of a Virtuous world was instilled.

And so it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. Two conflicting sides attempting to live peacefully?
When has THAT ever happened?