Status: Oh so sinful

Blurring the Lines

Greed & Charity

Gray stared out her window, gazing at the beautiful Virtue city. People were walking around dressed in their nice clothes, talking about how wonderful their lives were. She lived like that once. Gray was one of those people who talked about how horrible sins were, and how great it was to be a virtue. Lying to herself, and attempting to ignore the avarice feelings inside of her brain. She knew from the moment she could truly understand and remember my own thoughts that she was a sin of greed. And now Gray is proud to not be one of those stuck up virtues.

She thought back to the day her true mother, Melanie Hailing, brought her to her new home. It was her fifteenth birthday and Gray knew it was coming. She watched in disgust, as her mother felt no sympathy for selling her daughter to a new family. She welcomed the hug of her new mother and felt like she finally belonged. Aggie refused to take Melanie’s money that day, saying she brought horrible dishonor to being a Virtue.

Aggie was the only one in the family of six that was a virtue. Finding a “Low Class” family that wasn’t all sins was a miracle in its self. Sam, her husband was a sin of Envy, making their relationship very understandable. Aggie was that one person who wouldn’t do anything to be rude or hurtful. She was purely kind . Next was the youngest boy, Alex whom was lust. At the young age of fourteen he hadn't quite developed enough to understand his “hunger.”

Following after Alex was Renner, Gray’s best friend and other half. If they hadn’t known better they would have presumed they were twins. Renner and Gray were the same age and of the same sin, Greed. They related in more ways than anyone can understand, even themselves. Lastly was Damien, who was Wrath. All he has ever wanted was to prove to the world that virtues were not as virtuous as people make them out to be. Aggie enrolled him at the all boys school, where he studied to become a better man. The way he has trained himself to control his anger is beyond belief. Gray strives to be like him one day but for now, she stuck always wanting everything for herself.

Thinking about that day brought joy to Grays heart. Having all of these wonderful and imperfect people to call her family was all she ever needed. She wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of eternity with them, and to never have to witness the horrendous thought of the Virtues tearing them apart. The thought of anyone of her adopted family members being harmed made her sick to her stomach, so she decided to go get some air.

Gray walked out of her room, looking around the house. No one was home which was strange. She scribbled on a piece of paper that she was going for a walk and would be back later. The chill of the wind stung her face a little as she walk through the damp streets. She put up her hood, deciding that she wanted to walk around the Virtue city. Gray’s dark colored clothes clashed slightly with light colors of the virtues. She stayed close to the walls trying to not bump into anyone.

Rounding the corner her heart stopped, her beautiful figure and un-aged skin panged at Grays heart. She recognized her mother instantly, but who she didn’t recognize, was the young child walking beside her. Slowly Gray made her way closer trying not to disturb what they were doing. “Come on Langley, we must not make your father wait.” her heart dropped. They had a new child. It wasn’t enough that she was a burden on them but on top of it they had another child. She picked up a peach from the market and paid the owner. Slowly she walked eating her peach and thinking about what she had just saw.

Secretly she wanted everything that that girl had. She didn’t deserve any of it, Gray thought. She wanted every second that girl spent with her mother to be her own. Gray was thinking so hard that she walked right into someone, sending her to the floor. Being that she was in the virtue city she prepared herself for either the police to be called or to be hit.

“Oh I’m so sorry.” Gray looked up to see a blonde haired young man gazing down at her with kind eyes. The next thing he said was so unexpected it left her speechless. “Here let me help you. I didn’t mean to mow you down.”

“Why are you helping me?” He almost looked hurt by her question. “I’m a Sin. Virtues never help Sins. It’s practically against your morals.” He looked angry but not in the vicious way. It was the look she used to give people when they first started calling her a Sin. And quite honestly, that look was sexy on him.

“Those are their morals not mine. Not all of us are the same you know.” He pulled her off the ground in one swift motion. “My name is Niall. What might yours be?” She eyed him with a questioning look, trying to figure out if it was some sort of trap.

“Gray.” She said, finally giving in. He raised her hand up to his lips, placing a delicate kiss on it. She could feel the blood rushing to her face as she blush, not use to this kind of treatment. He smirked a little and backed away.

“Well Gray, I do hope I get to see you around again sometime soon.” And with that he turned around and began to walk away. She had no clue why but she wanted to spend more time with him, as soon as possible too.

“Niall,” she yelled down the pathway. He turned back to look at her making her feel weak in the legs. “Meet me at the rose gardens on the left side of town tomorrow at this time.” A warming smile spread across his face and he shook his head in agreement. She had no idea what troublesome thoughts had gotten into her head but she wasn’t positive that it was a bad thing either. She couldn’t help but have a smile on her face the entire walk back to they house where she lived.

“Gray!” she heard Renner’s voice from down the street and looked up. Sure enough there he was waving at her from the doorway. She bounded down to him completely swept with emotions.
“Oh Renner! I met the most wonderful person in the world today.” Not being able to tell him that he was a Virtue almost pained her but she knew that if Damien found out he would surely have her mental stability checked. Their bond was stronger than most siblings being that holding hands and cheek kisses were a regular thing. He held her hand as they walked into the bedroom they shared. They sat on the bed discussing her occurrences for hours. It didn’t take long for Renner to figure out that Niall was a Virtue.

“Gray, Virtues are horrendous people. I don’t think its safe for you to be seeking out more time with this young fellow.” He gave her a stern look, and she knew he was only speaking in her best interests. She felt the corner of her mouth turn into a frown. She wanted nothing more than to spend some more time with Niall but she knew Renner was right. She just couldn’t understand how to control her greedy feelings for taking up Niall’s time.

“Maybe they aren’t all like that.” She was quiet as she said this staring back out the window. Just like she had been this morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I'm the 1st Meghan I'll be writing for Niall and Gray! Next Meghan is up :)