Status: New Story

A Blessing or a Curse

Chapter Four

Chapter Four
It’s been two weeks since Ashelle and I last spoke in the hospital. I mean she did have every right to be mad at me; after all I did put her life in danger but I was getting agitated. I needed my best friend. We forgive and forget. All friends do. We always do.

It was Saturday afternoon and I had no plans for the day and I was out of my mind bored and wishing Ashelle was here. I sighed and picked up my iPhone and called her. She most likely wouldn’t pick up. She hasn’t in two weeks. But after the fourth ring she finally answered.

“Yeah….?” She mumbled through the other line. For once she didn’t sound annoyed or angry.
“Ash? Hey….” I muttered awkwardly. I honestly didn’t expect her to pick up so I didn’t prepare anything to say. “How’s your arm?”
“Back to normal now.” She paused for a second. “How’s your shoulder?”
“Back to normal too. Look Ashelle I know I’ve said this a thousand times but I really am sorry.” I said. She was silent.
“I didn’t mean for you to get hurt Ash…” I whispered.
“I’m over it Lolita.” She sighed. “If anything I could’ve said no. After all I was the dumbass who followed you to those hunters, am I right?”
I smiled and sat up in my bed. “So we’re okay?”
“We’re okay.” She finalized. “Look there is going to be a pack party tonight…I wasn’t planning on going but I don’t have any plans. It’s supposed to be crazy. Wanna go?”
A party was exactly what I needed. I couldn’t possibly spend another weekend stuck at home watching marathons of Family Guy and Catfish while stuffing my face in pizza and eating my weight in cookies and cream ice cream. It just wasn’t healthy, mentally or physically.
“Where is it?” I asked.
“Ole’ Donel Creek. You know that weird, old abounded warehouse? There. They don’t wanna cops coming so they decided to have it in the middle of the forest. Anyone ages 15 and up, can come.” She explained.
“Money?”
“$5 for boys and $3 for girls, free entry if you bring two bottles of liquor.” She said. The kids who threw pack parties usually had us pay for things like a DJ and alcohol.
“When does it start?” I asked.
“9:30…it ends whenever people feel like going home.” She said.
“Okay, let’s go.”

It was 9:00 and my aunt and uncle were already in their room probably watching a movie until they fell asleep. I creeped out of my bed and into my bathroom and started to get ready. I put on a lace, sleeveless, turtle neck crop top, red skinny jeans and black, high-heel lace up boots with studs going down the heel. When I was done with my outfit I decided to do a gold smokey eye and put on cherry red lip gloss that made my lips shine and look much fuller than what they really were. I finished off my makeup with some blush and concealer. I decided to straighten my hair pin-straight letting it reach right under my small chest.

I texted Ash ‘Where are you?’
‘I’m with Don, we’re coming to pick you up now, should we come in the drive way?’ she replied instantly.
‘Nah, wait a few houses down to the left. I’ll be waiting, how far are you?’
‘A few minutes away.’
‘I’m omw out.’
I slipped my phone into my back pocket and walked out of my bathroom to find Ting and Aja wide awake jumping and barking at my feet. I put my finger to my lips and scolded them, “Shush!!!!”
I petted Ting and picked up Aja and placed her on my bed as I stuffed pillows under my cover. “Don’t draw attention to my room you too! I trust you. Tante and Oncle don’t know I’m going out. Please don’t blow my cover.”
I blew kisses at them and stepped out into my balcony. It was a warm April night, all the snow was long gone and temperatures were rising. I leaped and jumped off from the second level of my house to the grass of my backyard and landed gracefully on my feet. Perks of being a werewolf.
I walked a few houses down to see a black hummer with music blaring from it playing. I shook my head and smiled to myself as I headed into the back seat of one of my closest friends Don’s car.
“You looking mighty fine tonight may I say!” Don complimented me. I just rolled my eyes. Don was such a sweetheart and always showered everyone with compliments. I leaned up and placed a kiss on his cheek leaving a red lipstick print but he didn’t seem to mind.
“Hey guys.”
“Party time?” Ash looked back at me from the passenger seat with a huge grin plastered on her lips and her baby blue eyes shone with excitement.
“Party time.” I agreed.

The car ride was loud and obnoxious. Don blasted music as loud as he possibly could while Ash and I rapped along to the lyrics and screamed.
Soon Don was driving through a path in the forest and the car ride got bumpier. We stopped at a clearing full of kids parking their cars and empty parked cars already. I climbed out of Don’s hummer straightened myself out. Ash did as well.
She looked beyond beautiful. Her gorgeous waist-length blond hair was pinned back in a neat and completely straight ponytail and her makeup was flawless as always. Her blue eyes surrounded by intense blue eye shadow and her lips were painted a nude pink color. She was wearing a comic book themed, long-sleeved crop top that showed her belly ring with a black snake with qua colored gems on it, with blue jeans and black lace up boots.

“Girls, be careful. There’s gunna be some wolves from other packs too. If anyone tries anything funny, let me know, got it?” Don warned us.
I smiled up at him gratefully. He was the big brother I never had. He always had Ashelle’s and I back no matter what. “Roger that.”

We walked out of the forest onto a path for a short minute until I could feel the ground shake and faint sound of music in the distance. The warehouse where the party was taking place was up and bumping already and it was only 10:30. When we got there the front of the warehouse was surrounded by teens and a few young adults, probably in their college years drinking and making out and doing other things you shouldn’t in public.
“Hey Don!” a shrill voice slurred from behind us. It was Magnolia; she was a petite girl with shoulder length blonde hair and dull blue eyes and a puppy-like face. Most werewolves were attractive; she was more on the plain side. She had a major crush on Don which irritated the hell out of him. He didn’t like whores, sleazes or anything easy.
Magnolia wasn’t exactly a slut, she was just a bit too shy and timid to say no so she was a lot of guy’s prey, but Don didn’t care. “Magnolia…” he sighed.
“I didn’t expect to see you here!” she stumbled toward us. She had a purple can of Four Loko in her hand which I assumed was taking an effect on her.
“We’ll leave you two alone.” Ashelle grabbed my arm and we slowly retreated from the scene.
Don widened his eyes and gave us a pleading look and I just blew him a kiss and wished him good luck.

Ashelle and I made our ways into the warehouse that had loud House Music blasting. The guy who was standing in the front collecting money let us in for free and whispered something in Ashelle’s ear. He probably wanted some of her.
The first floor was full of horny teenagers grinding, making out, and even performing oral sex in a few corners. “I’m going to go get a drink!” I shouted into Ashelle’s ear over the music. She just nodded and I walked toward the cooler and picked up a Jack Daniels and took a swing at it immediately.

The entire place smelled like a mixture of sweat, marijuana, alcohol, vomit and a few other illegal substances. I made my way to the second floor was just a bunch of kids dancing provocatively and grinding against each other. I walked up to the third floor where people were smoking pot, injecting a few things into their veins and placing tablets on their tongues. It kind of shocked me some kids were shooting heroin and smoking crack, they must’ve been from the other packs because people in ours didn’t fuck around like that. The fourth and last floor was the floor that was the quietest with the most sober kids. A few kids had beer bottles or were smoking a joint and a few dancing but most of them were playing pool and talking.

I leaned against the wall decided to check my phone from any messages from my aunt and uncle. They hadn’t yet figured out I snuck out and I prayed it would stay that way. I checked the time and it read 10: 45, I sighed and wished Damien was around somewhere. I wondered if he did come to this party.
“Hey,” a low, husky voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see a kid with brown skin, and short-to almost no hair with deep light brown eyes that was really muscular and tall.
“Hi…” I replied.
“You look a bit lonely. Mind if I keep you some company?” he asked.
I gave him a polite smile and shrugged. He stepped closer and leaned against the wall beside me facing me. “I’m Darien. You’re….?”
“Lolita, I’m Lolita.” I answered.
“Lolita,” he whispered and smiled at me. “You have a really cute name, you know?”
“Thank you Darien.” I replied.
“So tell me Lolita, are you enjoying yourself tonight?” he asked trying to start a casual conversation I assumed.
I shrugged. “Nothing exciting happened yet, but the night is still young. I’m sure I’ll have some sort of a memory to look back on.”
“I bet you will.” He winked at me. He was sexy, really sexy but he didn’t have the same effect Damien had on me, he didn’t really make me blush or butterflies erupt in my stomach. But he’d do for now.
He pulled out a small dime bag filled with a dry, fluffy green plant. “You trying to get high?”
I chewed my bottom lip nervously and eyed what was in his hands. I never smoke weed before but I didn’t really have anything against it, even if it was dangerous to humans it was completely harmless to werewolves. Most drugs were. They had little to no affect on us.
I shrugged and nodded. He pulled out a few brown rolling papers and placed the weed in it and made to joints. He handed me the skinner, smaller one and put the fat one to his lips and pulled out a blue lighter from his pockets and took a deep breath inhaling the herb.
I placed mine in my lips and watched his hand come up to my joint and light it up. I inhaled deeply like he did but the sensation burned my throat making me cough out like I was terminally ill. He chuckled and patted my back.
“First time?” he asked.
I nodded sheepishly. “Lot stronger than I thought.”
He chuckled and nodded. “This is some good quality. Can you imagine what it’s like for humans?”

After I finished my joint Darien and I just continued talking and he told me about his pack, which was the Ad Lunam Pack. The kids who were messing with heroin and cocaine were from his pack.
All of the sudden a warm rush and wave came over me and I felt my whole body start to tingle. Everything got hazy and slightly blurry and slow and much more melodic. I felt all my senses slowly slow down but become so much more wonderful. A Jay-Z song was blaring in the background and the instruments and beats sounded so much more vivid and beautiful and the phrases and words that spilled out of his mouth was so much more alive and meaningful.
The smells that flooded my nose were delicious, even though I thought they were repulsive a few moments ago. My sight made everything fluffy and softer. “Wow…” I breathed.
It was all so euphoric. Darien looked at me his pupils dilated and his eyes red and smiled a cheeky grin nodding his head and laughed. “It’s great right?”
I started clapping my hands and laughing, “Everything is so wonderful!”
“Come on!” he grabbed my hand and let me down the stairs. We stopped at the first floor and he left me at the side of the dance floor. “I’ll be right back.”
He came back with two red cups and handed one to me. I sniffed the liquid and sighed in ecstasy. The clear liquid smelled delicious. I gulped down a strong drink and felt it gently pour down my throat leaving a hot feeling in my chest.
When I was done I carelessly tossed my cup to the floor and let Darien lead me to the middle of the dance floor.
A fast rap song came on and I began to slowly grind on Darien who had a tight grip on my hips and I danced and moved my body to the beat of the music. After about 2 or 3 songs I turned around to face Darien and lifted my right leg and wrapped it around his hips and he gripped the bottom of my thigh pressing his body closer to mine.

We continued grinding in this position as sweat trickled down my forehead and people bumped into us. “You know…” he whispered in my ear and moved his hand close to my ass.
“We could have even more fun.” His voice was low and huskier than before. I looked into his eyes and realized his eyes were turning black with lust, I could feel his ‘little friend’ pierce into my private areas.
I shook my head and pushed him away, stumbling slightly backwards as things got fuzzier. “No…I…”
He pulled me closer to him again, “Come one baby.” He muttered and trickled his tongue gently along my earlobe. I shuddered in disgust. His tight grasp made it almost impossible to get out of. “I can work magic. Believe me.”
“Darien, please…I really don’t want too…” I mumbled slowly. I was getting dizzier within every second.
“I…ummm no!” I pushed him back with all the force I had in my body. I tripped and fell backward pathetically. I had too much to drink and the weed wasn’t helping either. I almost couldn’t grasp the common sense part of my brain.
I felt a strong pair of hands help me up, and I looked up to see Damien whose blue eyes were deathly black and staring into the core of Darien. “Gee…thanks for finding my girlfriend.” He gritted through his teeth. “We’ll be going now.”
Darien just mumbled something under his breath and walked back into the crowed as Damien leaded me outside. I inhaled the fresh air and sighed contently. Inside there was suffocating and too packed.
I felt Damien come up behind me and run his hands down from my shoulder then my wrist. I felt his warm lips place a gentle kiss upon my shoulder. “Are you okay?”
I nodded and sighed as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent. Green apples and wood, one of the sweetest scents to ever smell, my high only making it more pleasurable.
“Yeah, I feel fantastic.” I murmured.
He chuckled and kissed the side of my head, “Is it because you’re high?” he turned me around to face him but his hands holding my hips.
“No…” I opened my eyes and stared deep into his. “Because I’m here…with you.”
He smiled and just before he was about to press his lips with mine I felt a tug on my arm pulling me from him. It was Ashelle who was giggling and snorting with heavy-lidded eyes and a stupid grin plastered on her face. “You were gunna kiss him!” she sand like a 5 year old.
I heard Damien grunt behind me and Ashelle laugh even harder. Apparently I wasn’t the only one who was high. “Oh my God! You two are so cute!”
I smiled and giggled alongside her, “You think so?”
She nodded and clapped her hands like a walrus. “Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Damien and Lolita forever!”
I laughed and she did too. My entire body felt weightless. “What did you smoke you two?” Damien demanded with worry written across his face.
“This purplish green stuff! I can’t remember what you call it, maryyyy-wane? Muri-wan-ja? Murja? Murna?” Ashelle struggled to remember the name of the drug.
“Meriiii-waaaan-aaaaa!” I cried out! “Marijuana! Weed! Weed! Weed! Pot! Marijuana! Weed! Weed! Weed! Pot! Marijuana! Weed! Weed! Weed! Pot!”
Ashelle grabbed my hands and jumped up and down and danced with me as we sang, “Marijuana! Weed! Weed! Weed! Pot!”
“I’ll take you two home.” Damien walked toward us. Ashelle frowned and stomped her foot like a child.
I shoved Damien away from us. I was having a great time and I didn’t want it to end? Why did Damien insist on being a party-pooper? “No!!” I pouted.
“Lolita-” He began
“NO!”
He sighed, “I’m only trying to help. You’re both not sober or thinking properly, c’mon, I’ll take you two home, okay?”
“Gosh Damien when did you became so wack?” Ashelle yelled at him.
“Lolita doesn’t like loser boys.” Ashelle taunted him.
“She likes tripodellics.” She bobbed her head and did a wave with her body. “We’re tripodellic. Tell us Damien are you tripodellic?”
“Trippaaaay.” I sang. I closed my eyes and began to sway to the music from the inside. I couldn’t hear the rest of the conversation. I just got lost in the music.

Suddenly it stopped and hundreds of kids came from the warehouse screaming and yelling. The warehouse was on fire. Ashelle and I stood there in awe staring at the building burn down. We watched kids jump from windows from the top levels to get out and some even came out, their clothes or hair on fire.
“You know Ash…” I was mesmerized by the orange and yellow flames spreading rapidly throughout the building, “I think this is the most beautiful think in the world.”
A shrill, unfamiliar howl erupted through the night air causing kids to scream even more. “Who could that be?”
“Lolita! Come on let’s get out of here!” Damien yanked me by the arm dragging me and Ashelle into the forest. We came to a stop, when we arrived at his Benz surrounded by trees.
He put Ash and I in the back seat and put a blanket over our heads. “Stay here. Don’t move alright? I’ll be right back.”
“What…?” I looked at him.
I was too confused to comprehend the current situation. “Where are you going? I wanna party…Damien.”
He placed an urgent and rough kiss on my lips before shutting his car door closed and running off.
Ashelle and I sat silently until I heard a low growl come from outside the car.
“Loli…did you hear-” I slapped my hands on Ashelle’s lips and bit my bottom lip. Everything was a blur and so confusing. I didn’t realize what was really happening which began to frustrate me.
All of the sudden I heard a loud noise of glass shattering and metal bending before slipping into blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment pleaseeeee