Status: New Story

A Blessing or a Curse

Chapter Six

Chapter Six

My body was shaking slightly, I couldn’t tell whether it was because I was so nervous or because I was slightly chilly and the rain had stopped so my fur was drying in the cold. My wolf was in shock at the sight in front of me. For a moment I felt time stop completely. A warm feeling overcame me and I felt my heart melt. My brain had stopped functioning and the only thing in control was my dumbest, most irresponsible and irrational organ. My heart.

When I looked into his eyes the feeling that overcame me was indescribable. His golden eyes. Eyes that looked like a breath-taking sunset, dark gold with a brown ring around his pupil. I felt the pull that so many have described to me before; I felt that need to be with him. I felt as if I was floating, as if gravity wasn’t doing its job. Looking at him, looking into his eyes it all felt so surreal-so…unexplainable.
A euphoric shock bolted throughout my body and I couldn’t help but let out a bark-like sound. I felt my tail wag slightly as I moved a few inches closer to him. More than anything I wanted to be near him.
He made the first move and walked to me and lowered his head to mine and brushed his nose against mine. I let out a weak whimper that if I were in human form it would’ve been a moan. I felt a thousand electric bolts shoot throughout my body sending a shiver up my spine. The first touch of mates.
He growled lightly at our touch which made my ears perk up to his sound. I raised my head as high as I could on all fours and nuzzled my face into his neck feeling his wet, black fur tickle my nose and he did the same.
I breathed in his ambrosial scent. I closed my eyes and just took in this moment. We continued to nuzzle each other and lightly nip at each other’s neck until he pulled apart making me whimper subconsciously. His touch felt like paradise.
He licked my nose lightly which I returned the favor. He ducked down to nuzzle me again and I felt his snout tickle my shoulder and I just licked the fur of his.
He lightly pushed himself on top of me in a dominant position. I growled playfully and nipped his nose and he just licked my face. We began to wrestle playfully. We toppled on top of each other and lightly bit the other and chased each other. After a while we just sat cuddled next to each other gazing and enjoying this moment.
I wondered what he looked like in human form. After that I stood up and motioned with my head for him to follow me which he did.

I lead us to the creek where I had first smelt him. I picked up my clothes and hid behind a tree and quickly shifted and dressed. I frowned when I realized my white tank top was slightly wet and I had no bra on. I didn’t have big boobs but that didn’t stop them from looking far too prominent and my nipples from slightly popping out. I did my best to cover my hair which I cursed myself for not straightening. Had it been straight it would’ve been long enough to cover my curls were short enough to let him see slightly. I just prayed he wouldn’t pay too much attention to it.

I appeared out of the trees and smiled up at him. In my human form I could really see how tall he was. At least eight feet tall of a wolf made of pure muscle. His presence was intimidating and he stood tall and proud. Maybe he had a high rank? His stature made me beyond proud to be his mate. I felt safe. I felt protected.
“H-hi…” I stammered in a low whisper. I didn’t know what to say. I was beyond nervous. “Shift back?”
He shook his head quickly and slowly backed away.
“No! I’m sorry!” I frowned. “Don’t leave…if you don’t wanna shift…you don’t have to but…”
He stopped in his tracks and I slowly made myself toward him. I was so nervous and scared. Why didn’t he want to shift?

“Um…sorry I look like such a mess…I umm” I fiddled with my hair and tried to pull down my nike pros which stopped around the top of my thigh. I wished I brought along some jean shorts instead. “I was just out for a run and I uhh…”
I looked down at my bare feet. I counted all ten of my pink-painted toes and bit my lip. I looked like shit most likely. No makeup, my curls all crazy and free and a tight tank top and tight black shorts. I must’ve looked like slutty shit.
“I didn’t expect to meet you…” I looked back up at him.
He just laid down his head resting on his paws. I walked to him and sat cross-legged. He then laid his huge head on my lap and looked up at me with those beautiful golden eyes.

I smiled at him. “M-my name is Lolita…” I started off. “Well it’s actually Marilyn. My mom-momma named me that c-cau-cause she was her idol, y-ya know? M-Marilyn Mon-Monroe. But my middle n-name is Lolita; my momma made that my middle name because she had a d-doll when she was little named Lolita who looked like me. Ha, but I go by Lolita.”
I wanted to slap myself for rambling and stammering across my words like an idiot. He probably thought I was an idiot.

I was silent for a moment and I just petted the top of his head which earned a sound in between a moan and a growl from him. I wonder what his voice sounded like. If it was deep and sexy. I wondered if he was sexy.

“I-I’m an Aquarius.” I blurted out. “Maybe our zodiac signs match?”
He let out a snort which made me blush. I giggled at my own stupidity. He leaned up and licked my face. “I’m sorry…I’m just a bit nervous.” I apologized sheepishly.
I saw his eyes flicker back and forth from my chest to my eyes a few times. I blushed and crossed my hands over my chest, trying to block my see-through shirt and practically visible nipples. He’d noticed.
“Why won’t you shift?” I whined trying to regain his attention on my eyes. I didn’t mean to sound whiny or annoying but I was dying to see what he was like.
“I wanna know your name.” He just looked up at me and licked me again. He wasn’t going to shift. “Maybe I can guess it…”
“Okay, is it common or rare?” I asked.
He thought for a moment and shook his head side to side in a so-so motion.
“Hmm…Justin?”
He shook his head no.
“Ryan?”
No.
“Eric?”
No.
“Brian?”
No.
“Umm…Zeke?”
He snorted again and shook his head.
“Bobby?”
No.
“Derrick?”
No.
“Jason?”
No.
“Donald?”
No.
“Mac?”
No.
“Walter?”
No.
“Frank?”
No.
“Marshall?”
No.
“Shayne?”
No
“Tommy?”
No.
“Ugh! I don’t know Tupac?!” I threw my hands in the air in defeat.
He just snorted at me again and shook his head. I giggled and rolled me eyes. “Come on I told you my name! It’s only fair if you shift and you tell me yours.”
He just shook his head defiantly again. I pouted and crossed my arms. “This isn’t fair, mysterious mate.”
He just moved his shoulders upward and dropped them down in a shrugging motion. “Mal élevé.” I mumbled rude in French to him.
He looked up at me with a questioning look, “It means rude in French.” I explained to him. “Mal élevé.” I repeated.
He just licked my nose playfully.
“Okay, so does your name start with the letter A or B?” I asked him. I figured narrowing it down would make it a lot easier to guess.
He just shook his head no.
I sighed. This may take a while. “C or D?”
He nodded and a smile formed on my face. “I’m getting closer! Okay is it C?”
He nodded again.
I clapped my hands excitedly like an air-head. “Okay, uhhhh Caleb?!”
He shook his head. I sighed and realized a lot of names began with the letter C. This will most likely take a while.
“Cane?”
He shook his head once more.
“Oh, it’s Calvin!” I cried out confidently. He just snorted and shook his head again.
“Dammit! Am I close at least?” I asked him. “Is the second letter A?”
He nodded and licked my nose. “Okay, I got this. I can do this. Casey? Pretty gender neutral but I mean is that your name?”
No. Again.
“Cameron?”
He shook his head again.
“Carlos? Carlo? Carl?” I shortened out each name.
He just shook his head again.
“Carson?” I asked him.
He just shook his head again. “Alright, it’s over! I give up! You will remain nameless. I’ll call you Ca from now on. Are you pleased with yourself?” I was frustrated and just wished he’d tell me his name.
He snorted and stood up towering over me. I quickly stood up. My eyes lit up and a grin formed on my face. “Are you shifting?” I asked my hopes getting up.

He nuzzled his snout into my neck and shook his head. I frowned. “You aren’t leaving are you?”
He nodded and looked at me with sad eyes. “But I don’t know who you are! Please don’t go!” I clung onto his fur and buried my face into him. “I promise I’ll get your name eventually.”
He licked my face and pushed me backward with his snout and turned around and started to walk away.
I let out a sad whimper and looked down. I felt my wolf howl in pain in rejection. He refused to shift, tell me his name and now he was leaving. Was he rejecting me? Can you reject your mate? Didn’t he feel the pull I felt toward him?
“Wait…” my volume barely above a defeated whisper. “Will I see you again?”
He nodded and winked at me. I smiled and blushed looking down. I didn’t even realize wolves could wink. “Meet me here, tomorrow. I get off from school around 1:40 and I’m home by 2:15, I’ll meet you here at 4-ish?” I offered.
He nodded and I smiled. “Bye…” I muttered and he ran off
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think.