Status: New Story

A Blessing or a Curse

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Teasing Me
The next day at school was literally torture. It was one of the longest I’ve ever lived. Every 40 minute period felt like 40 years. To make it worse Ashelle was absent. She wasn’t answering her phone or Direct Messages on Twitter either. At lunch I couldn’t eat because of the butterflies swarming my stomach and during class I couldn’t write because of my sweaty palms. I didn’t want to be in school. I wanted to be with him.

I sat in my eight period A.P. English my eyes glued to the clock as my teacher rambled on about the significance of a feather in some old southern book about horses. My eyes followed every tick and movement of the clock. 1: 19. I sighed frustrated. Class had another 25 minutes to go.
I pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from my pocket and re-examined the list of names that started with ‘Ca’. I was dying to know his name.

“Whatcha got there?” someone whispered in my ear. I jumped and pulled the paper to my chest trying to conceal it.
It was Glen, the blond kid with the nice blue eyes and smile who was the first kid to curse out a teacher in years. That’s how everyone knew him. “Uh…nothing Glen.”
“Oh, secrets hmm?” he looked amused. He leaned closer to me and lowered his voice even more “I’m great at keeping them.”
“It’s not a secret.” I admitted. It wasn’t a secret. I just didn’t want people know everything about my personal life.
“So share.”
“No, I don’t want to. Just listen to-”
I was cut off my Mr. Macarni, “Lolita, something you’d like to share with the class? You must have a lot to say if you want to talk during my lesson.” His hands were on his hips and he had a stern look on his face.
Everyone averted their attention to the back of the room where Glen and I sat. I sighed and internally rolled my eyes. “No.” I replied.
He frowned at me and continued speaking about worthless shit I wouldn’t use in life anyway.
“Ooooh, you got in troubleee,” Glen taunted me in a five-year old voice “Tsk tsk, bad girl.”
I rolled my eyes and ignored him and faced the clock once more. 1:24. I could’ve sworn just twenty minutes ago it was 1:20.
“Look, I don’t mean to be a pest.” He lowered his voice.
I raised my eye at him with an amused smirk on my face. “A pest?” I questioned his choice of words.
“Word of the day, dictionary app I have. I have such a wide vocabulary it’s sickening.” He answered. “Anyway…if you aren’t doing anything Friday…there’s that new movie Loving Glory, it’s a romantic comedy. I know girls are into that type of stuff, umm….would you wanna see it with me?”
Automatically I opened my mouth and blurted out “No.” my mysterious, black wolf came into mind. I’d feel like I was cheating even though we weren’t officially together. I belonged to him and he belonged to me. End of story. I wouldn’t want him seeing movies with other girls so why would I do that to him?
Glen frowned and looked down for a moment and I instantly regretted turning him down so coldly. “I just have this….ummm” I trailed off chewing my lip. Glen was human; he wouldn’t understand I had just found my mate. “this boyfriend who…I don’t think it’d be fair if I saw a movie with another guy.”
“Oh…” he was all he said.
I looked back up at the clock. 1:23. I wanted to rip out my hair. Time was taunting me. Not only did I want to see my mate but get out of this incredibly awkward situation I was in.
“I’m sorry…” I mumbled guiltily. He didn’t respond. I needed nothing more but an escape from this class room.

The glorious sound of the bell filled my ears and I jumped up in relief. I gathered my books and sprinted to my locker getting everything I needed for home and made my way there.
When I got home my aunt and uncle were sitting next to each other wrapped up in each other’s arms watching television while my cousin Richie focused on an I-pad game. “Bonjour!” I greeted them rushing upstairs.
It was 2:40 and I had a bit over an hour till I saw him. I quickly took off my school uniform tossing it into a hamper and put on some dark blue Hollister skinny sweatpants and a white tank-top and some black moccasins.
I re-did my eye makeup and re-applied some lip gloss and sprayed Victoria Secret body spray all over myself. After a quick glance in the mirror I grabbed my cellphone and headed to the creek.

I didn’t shift into wolf form because I didn’t want to look like a hot mess when I saw “Ca” again. His first impression of me couldn’t have been too hot. A bad second one was the last thing I wanted or needed.
It was pretty warm out for an early spring day, something over 84 degrees with the sun shining bright in the sky. I was grateful the weather forecast didn’t predict rain. My hair was straight and the last thing I needed was humidity or rain.

The walk through the forest took some time in my human form. It was at least seven miles deep into the forest where I had met “Ca”. I didn’t mind though, I loved going for walks; I loved spending time in the forest. It was refreshing, to me and my wolf.

Once I finally got there my mate had been there already. Unfortunately not in human form. He laid there his head resting on his paws his eyes closed until he sensed my presence. He immediately got up and walked toward me and licked the side of my face. I prayed he didn’t fuck up my concealer.
“Hey…” I petted the top of his head, “Still not gunna show me human you?”
He shook his head and nuzzled the top of my head with his snout playfully. I laughed and then plopped to the ground and he followed me down. “So nod for good and growl for bad and whimper for so-so, how was your day?” I had to come up with the best way possible to have a conversation with him since we didn’t share a mind link.
He just whimpered lightly buried his face in my lap. “Yeah, nothing really special happened in my day either. I was just eager to-” I cut myself off not wanting to embarrass myself. I didn’t want to make it seem like I had no life and all I thought about was seeing him. “Get out of school.”
“You know…I still don’t think it’s fair that you won’t shift and let me see you. I’ really curious to know who you are…” I began.
He didn’t respond at all, he just left his head in my lap. I sighed at his stubbornness. “I mean have you completely abandoned your human side and let your wolf fully take over?” I questioned. I’ve only heard of that case when my mother told me about someone leaving her old pack in France.

He shook his head quickly as if only a mad-man would do that. In most cases it was. “Then you have no possible excuse to deny me seeing you.”
He snorted and shook his head. I groaned. “Please!” I planted a kiss on his snout causing him to lightly whimper.
He still wouldn’t give in though. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. “I swear you’re doing this to tease me aren’t you?” I glared down at him, which just caused him to snort again.
I pouted and groaned obnoxiously. I just wished he’d show me himself already. It wasn’t fair and it just drove me insane. Patience was never really a trait I possessed.
“So maybe I’ll just guess your name, hm?”

He shrugged his shoulders lightly and looked up at me. We spent about an hour or two with me just talking, guessing my name until I decided I should get back home. It was 5 o’ clock and it would take a while to get back home and I had dinner and homework to do.
“I’ll see you here, tomorrow again?” I stood up at patted the dirt off my butt. “Is that good with you?”
He nodded and licked the tip of my nose, which tickled causing me to giggle. “Bye.” I whispered at I wrapped my arms as best as I could around his neck.
I desperately wished he’d just turn human so he could hold me back as well but he just nuzzled his nose into my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this story, Please leave a comment.