Sequel: Chemical Records
Status: On a short hiatus due to band requirements, until approx 13th July!

London's Calling

Newsagents

It was pretty dark outside now, making it feel later than it was. It was around ten, and the roads were dimly lit with streetlights. Me and Gerard walked alongside each other, hand in hand, every so often I had to take the lead slightly, so we wouldn't end up going the wrong way, seeing as I was the one who knew where the shop was. It was only a five minute walk, but it was refreshing enough to be walking, and my favourite time for walking around was in the dark. It was quiet and relaxing if you knew where to go, and could avoid high streets and such, which was especially important on a Friday and Saturday night. Even if you were avoiding the majorly populated areas at night, you would still be likely to run into at least one group of people who had been drinking.
Before we left we had asked everyone if they wanted anything, Bert asked for a pack of cigarettes, Ray and Mikey had asked for more snacks. All three had given us money separately. This was going to be annoying, having to pay for different things individually. The shopkeeper probably won't enjoy it too much either. We turned a corner onto a small line of shops, with a pub on the end of the street. Along the line up sat a restaurant, a small cafe and a couple of odd bits and bobs shops. Luckily for us, the pub was at the other end of the street from us, and the newsagents we needed, that was at our end. Thankful we could avoid whatever the shouting outside the pub was about, we stepped inside the shop. It was a classic newsagent layout, all the magazines and newspapers along one wall, snacks and general groceries lining the middle aisle, and sweets leading up to the fridge cabinet that was full of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic and as always, the tobacco and cigarettes behind the counter. I hadn't been here in a while, and even though the walk here was really simple, I thanked Gerard for sobering me up enough to know where I was going. When we entered the shop I looked around, and my eye was caught by the person behind the counter. It was Joe, he was in Patrick and Pete's band, and was a pretty damn cool guy. He had dark brown frizzy hair that came down to his shoulders, and was wearing a plain black t shirt. He also had dark blue jeans, with a pair of DC's, which were black and green and currently resting on the counter. He was leaning back in his chair, doing something on his phone. At least we could get away with paying separately without so much grief.
"Joe! Hey!" He looked up from his phone suddenly, shocked to be brought back into reality, "I thought you were going out with Pete and Patrick tonight?" I felt Gerard's arms snake around my waist, hugging me from behind and setting his chin on my shoulder. I wrapped my hands around his that were resting on my stomach.
"Oh Frank! Yo! Well, I was, but got forced into the graveyard shift tonight by the boss, because the person supposed to be doing this is sick,"
"That fucking sucks!"
"Yeah, but I get overtime pay for it, so it's not so bad."
"Gets you some extra money, yeah, that's true..."
"Yep! Who's this? New boyfriend?" He smiled.
"This is Gerard!" I felt Gerard's jaw move on my shoulder as he formed a smile in reply, "But uhm... I don't know..."
"Ahh, just met?"
"Sort of, we've seen each other a couple of times before, but this is our first time meeting properly, and it was pure coincidence!"
"And a great coincidence too!" Gerard chimed in, almost slurring.
"Well, I wish you two the best! What can I get you?" Joe removed his feet from the counter, sitting up in his chair.
"Gee, go get snacks for Mikey and Ray?" Gerard nodded in confirmation against my shoulder, removing his arms from my waist and wandering off. "We have to pay separately for everything, if that's not too much bother?"
"Nah, that's cool, gives me something to do in honesty."
"At least I'm not just being an pain in the arse then," He chuckled, "20 Marlboro Gold, and 20 Mayfair Blue please!"
"Right, that's eight pounds five each,"
I handed him two ten pound notes, and stuck my change and cigarettes in one pocket, Bert's in another. Gerard soon walked over with four different share packets of crisps.
"These are separate," He placed two packs on each side of the open space on the counter that was between us and Joe, "And a pack of Marlboro Gold," He smiled a sloppy smile, handing over a tenner, and two piles of change that were Mikey and Ray's. Afterwards he pocketed his cigarettes and grabbed the bag Joe had put the crisps in, whilst I sorted out the change, not trusting a slightly drunk Gerard to not drop it all over the place.
"Okay Joe, we'll be off!" I gave him a wave, as Gerard grabbed my hand to lead me back out of the shop, "Hope to see you soon!" I turned and followed Gerard to the door, our fingers intertwined.
"Yeah! We have to jam again soon!" Joe replied, getting his feet back up on the counter as we exited the shop, leading on to the street. The shouting from earlier still going on outside the pub, we took a left, making our way back to Ray's.
"Frankie, do you want me to be your boyfriend?" Gerard's voice cut the non-awkward silence of our walk back.
"Huh? Oh, yeah... But don't you think we should at least go on a proper date first?"
"Sooo, you'll be my boyfriend tomorrow?"
"We shall see Gee!" Calling him Gee was so nice, it made me feel close to him, despite only meeting him properly earlier today, and he didn't seem to mind either.
"But don't you know already?"
"I'd love too Gee, but I haven't been with anyone in such a long time, so tomorrow, when we are both sober we can figure it out ok?"
"Ok Frankiiiie, but I know my answer!" He beamed at me, and it was contagious. Gerard suddenly stopped without me noticing, causing my arm to spring me back when I hit as far away as I could go. I was face to face with a beaming (and don't forget, slightly drunk) Gerard. He then used my hand to pull me towards him, landing his lips on mine. I closed my eyes after the initial shock, and melted into his kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm late! Work is being super busy recently!
This is just a filler chapter I guess... However! I have tried to write better and a little differently in this chapter, so I would really like your opinions on it! Like the new style? Yes or no!
Also I think this is a little longer than usual!
Love for you all!
X.S
xoxo