Sequel: Chemical Records
Status: On a short hiatus due to band requirements, until approx 13th July!

London's Calling

Meet Bert! Some more...

I really liked Gerard, but as I had said already, I hadn't been in a relationship for a long time. We were standing there, in that blissful kiss for a while when Gerard pulled back, grinning like an idiot. We walked back hand in hand, reaching Ray's sooner then we had liked. We knocked on the door, which was answered by Bert, who let us in with a knowing smile as he saw our hands which still hadn't unlinked. Bert had been the guy I had confided in with everything I felt uncomfortable telling Ray, which meant anything about relationships or men, and was a year older than me. We had a thing at the start of uni, but ended up just being close friends. I had missed having him around, but his work was keeping him busy. We walked into the kitchen and placed the bag Gerard was holding on the table, before calling to Mikey and Ray that their snacks were here. I handed Bert his cigarettes, and after no response from either Mikey or Ray, Gerard took the crisps we had bought for them into the other room. Bert motioned for me to come outside with him for a cigarette, which I instantly obliged to.
We stood outside, Bert unwrapping his pack and removing one, placing it between his lips, and myself fishing the last one out of my old packet. I placed it between my lips and pulled my lighter out of my pocket and sparked it up. I lit Bert's then my own, placing it back in my pocket.
"So what's going on between you two?" Bert questioned, exhaling as he spoke. I took a drag from my cigarette before responding.
"Well," I exhaled the smoke held in my lungs, "I'm not sure yet. We have a date tomorrow, I told him I didn't want to say yes to being his boyfriend tonight, due to the alcohol. I really fucking like him, but I haven't had a relationship in so long. I'll probably get everything wrong, but yeah, maybe I'll be in a relationship tomorrow." I smiled, inhaling more of the sweet nicotine.
"I really hope it goes well for you Frankie, you deserve it," He smiled, "He seems a nice guy too, but if you do get together, I'll be keeping a close eye on him, I will not let him hurt you."
"Thank you Bert, I love you man,"
"Love you too shortie," He laughed as he ruffled my hair.
"How's your love life?" Bert's smile grew bigger.
"It's good, you know the guy," He winked.
"Who!?"
"No one can know if I tell you, he hasn't come out yet ok?"
"Promise!"
"Jeph."
"I knew he was gay! Sorry... But I knew you'd get together at some point," He laughed again.
"You must know though, it's fucking hard keeping my hands off him. He knows no one cares with us, but is still scared to come out."
"It's a scary thing..." I was reminded of coming out to my parents, which turned out to be fine, and was such a relief after I had said it, especially as they were so cool with it.
"I know," He sighed, before taking a final drag and putting the cigarette out in the ashtray. "Hey shortie, we need to see each other more often, work isn't overtaking my life that much anymore," He smiled.
"I'd be happy too. I miss being able to talk to you in person so much! And seeing your pretty face of course," I winked as I took in the final drag of my cigarette and mimicked Bert's actions, putting it out. He chuckled as he pulled me into a hug.
"I've missed you shortie," I returned his hug, smiling.
"You better have missed me!" I joked as we pulled apart again. "Shall we head back in?"
"Yeah, sounds good," He turned around and opened the backdoor, motioning for me to go through first, and we walked through to the living room.
Gerard was sitting next to Mikey, talking to him about something, but the music and other conversations prevented me from hearing it. I sat on the floor with Jeph, Bert and Adam, opening the drink I had picked up from the kitchen on the way through. We were talking about meeting up more often, when Gerard came up to me and pulled on my hand, trying to get me up. I excused myself from the conversation and got up, following Gerard into the kitchen. He pulled out the bottle of vodka we had bought earlier, and placed it on the table, before looking at the bottle.
"Fraaaankie! Does Ray have shot glasses? And do you know where they are?" He beamed, he was adorable but also quite drunk.
"Yes he does, they're here." I stated, opening a cupboard full of glasses, and removed two shot glasses. I placed them both in front of Gerard, who was reaching for the bottle. "Gee, let me pour, or we'll waste half the bottle on Ray's kitchen."
"Fine," He stuck out his bottom lip as he watched me undo the bottle and pour our first two shots. When the bottle was back on the table, we both picked up a glass and chucked back the vodka. It was sharp, and felt like it burnt my throat, but it was now starting to warm up my insides. I poured again and again, until we had each had six shots... Or was it eight?
♠ ♠ ♠
Another filler, apologies! But you get to know more information about Bert! It's the first time I've made him a nice guy in a fic, which makes me happy because I love the idiot :P
Anyway, I'm so sorry I left for so long without an update! I overestimate the time I have to write too much! I have too many stories on the go now and keep starting new ones! Thank god I am only posting two!
I love you guys so much!
X.S
xoxo