Status: finished :)

Accidents Happen

Birthday fun (part 1)

Chapter 8
BRENDONS POV
I woke up this morning and opened my curtains to a sunny day. Happy birthday me. I had no idea what i was meant to be doing today. Misha said he might pop round later and do something. Suddenly the doorbell rang. I was just in my sweatpants so i hoped the person at the door didn’t mind seeing me half naked. I opened the door to have confetti thrown in my face by Misha, with Elizabeth holding a balloon for me whilst they held bags which looked like they had presents in.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” they said in unison as they walked in and made themselves at home on the sofa.
Just before i shut the door i heard running footsteps along my drive, it was Scarlett holding a rather big box labelled Brendon on it. She slowed down to a walking pace and hadn’t even realised i was standing there waiting for her.
“ It’s ok it’s not like im waiting or anything!” i shouted down the drive
She looked up at me with a smile but then realising i didn’t have a top on. She made no effort to hide at what she was looking at and raised an eyebrow at me.
“It’s my birthday i can wear what i want!”
“yeah whatever you say Urie”
She came up to me still holding this huge box and pecked me on the cheek and before going inside said “happy birthday!”
She walked in my house and i stood there stunned.
I spun around on my foot and said to me ‘well that’s a start to a birthday.’
Misha and Elizabeth sat down on the sofa and I sat in my armchair. Scarlett plopped herself on the floor with her huge box. The minute i sat down i was greeted by Elizabeth chucking a present at me.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDON!!!”
“aw thanks Elizabeth”
I opened the present to see a photo frame with pictures of all three of us in it. I had been complaining at how bare the house looked with no pictures in it.
I smiled at her but got distracted by Misha violently throwing a present at me
“cheers Misha!”
I opened the present knowing exactly what it would be, a new wallet. We always struggle what to get each other for birthdays so we get each other new wallets every year. But the deal is you have to use that one for the whole year. Now he had got into the stage of making them ridiculous. This one had his face all over it. I just stared at it
“why thank you misha...”
“Your Welcome!”
Finally Scarlett got up with this box and placed it onto my lap.
“you did say the house looked bare”
I looked up at her wondering what it could be. I opened the box and took out the tissue paper to see a completely unique creation of hers. It was a guitar made out of all metal parts in a sort of steampunk way. It was amazing.
“did you deisgn this?”
“yep and i found someone to make it”
My eyes lit up at the care she puts into these sort of things..
“thanks!” i said whilst still looking at the guitar
Soon enough Misha and Elizabeth stood up. Misha said
“well im sorry to break this to you birthday boy but we got to go. I’m heading back to Vancouver tomorrow so spending some time with Liz” Elizabeth grinned at Scarlett and we both chuckled.
“no problem thank you two for these gifts i really appreciate it”
I led them out the door and turned around to Scarlett not being in the living room anymore.
“scarlett?”
“In the toilet be right out!”
I sat back down in the armchair and picked up the guitar once again figuring out were to put it on the wall. The cold metal touched my bare stomach when Scarlett walked out.
“Is that cold?” she said laughing to herself.
“yeah” i said pulling my puppy dog face as putting the guitar back in the box.
“awww” she said whilst patting and ruffling my hair.
I reached out my arms for her to give me a hug to say thank you for my birthday present but she just stood there
“what?”
“don’t you need to stand up for a hug?” she said with a questioning look
“special Brendon hug” i smiled
“ohhh ok. Well how does it go?”
I smiled and i made her sit on my lap so her legs went over the chair armrests and that she was leaning on my body with her hands wrapped around me.
“ see special Brendon hugs are the best hugs”
“it is very comfy if i say so myself”
I smiled and put my chin on her head “thank you for my present”
“no problem” i heard her mumble into my shoulder. “ so what do you want to do today birthday boy?”
“im happy staying here and chilling with you.”
She looked up at me. “Really?”
“yeah” i smiled at her
She suddenly jumped off my lap
“right then what next?” she exclaimed starting to walk towards the kitchen. I followed like a helpless puppy.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes its all getting cutesy between scarlett and Brendon just deciding how to take it further :)