Status: finished :)

Accidents Happen

Birthday fun (part 2)

Chapter 9

SCARLETTS POV

Brendon had just gone outside when i had finished the breakfast i made for him, nothing special just pancakes. Whilst clearing up i was in awe of his house. It wasn’t fancy or special like you expect a band member to have just nice and bigger than normal but simple. I made up some weird concoction that was meant to be a slush puppy but was more of a gloopy mess and carried outside to Brendon.
“sorry, i tried to make it work but it didn’t....it might taste nice..”
Brendon looked up at me shrugged his shoulders and took a massive slurp. He deliberately held out his verdict to make it more ‘dramatic’.
“its good!”
“oh thank god!”
I sat down on the chair next to him and then only realised he had a pool.
“nice pool!”
He smiled at me and took his sunglasses off and tried to place them on the end of his chair but they just fell off a couple of feet infront of him. I heard him sigh and went “do you want me to get them?”
“if you wouldn’t mind”
“just because its your birthday”
I got up and wondered over to get them. I should of expected this the minute i got up i was picked up by Brendon who was dangling me over the pool.
“URIE IF YOU DARE!!”
“I guess i dare! Accidents happen don’t they?”
He chucked me into the pool with him following and was laughing hysterically at himself. I laughed along then launched myself at him dragging him under the water with me. Once we came back up for air i went to splash him but he grabbed my arms so i couldn’t. Basically it turned into 20 minutes of wrestling in the pool.
“Brendon can i get out now i am turning into a prawn”
“I guess you can!”
We both got out the pool but then i realised my whole top and shorts were sticking to me which Brendon thought was fine but i just gave him the death stare and he backed down. He gave me one of his t shirts to wear over me and a pair of jogging bottoms.
“you look adorable in them!”
I blushed and walked away back into the house. I sat down on the sofa and brendon soon followed with the remaining slush puppy concoction and sat right next to me. He put the tv on to some film and rested his head on my shoulder and brought his legs up onto the sofa.
“you tired Bren?”
“no i just fancied laying with you.”
I started unknotting his wet hair when he said
“you know this has been an awesome birthday. Just you and me”
I looked down into his eyes “really?”
“yeah...”
He sat up and looked me straight in the eyes and started to lean in. I think my heart started to beat so fast i couldn’t even keep track of it. I leaned in to obviously. We were so close but then suddenly the phone rang. It was Brendons parents wishing him a happy birthday and if he was available to meet them in a local cafe somewere. Brendon asked if i wanted to come but i insisted he spent some time with his parents. As he was still on the phone i signaled him i was going and he gave me a wave. As i was just leaving out the front door still in his clothes he ran up to me mouthed the words ‘thank you’ and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed and walked round the road to my apartment. As soon as i got there my phone started ringing.
It was Brendon.
Instead of a nice hello i said “i saw you like 20 minutes ago whats up?”
“i know what else i want to do for my birthday”
I paused “ok... enlighten me”
“you, me, nice restaurant somewere, Saturday evening. Consider it our third date!”
“what happened to the second?”
“for me today counted as that.”
“ok then, well i will see you Saturday”
“OH! Before you go i want you to dress up for me”
“really? Letting you know now not a massive fan of dresses”
“I’m sure you can find something!”
“can i wear my converse with it?”
Brendon paused thinking “yeah why not?”
“ohh ok then, you win”
“see you there then”
“yeah ok, bye Brendon”
“Bye”
Well time to call Elizabeth a shopping trip was well needed for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you guys are enjoying this so far :)