Status: Updates posted weekly, on Sundays.

Bones.

As her plump pink lips reached my cheek, I sucked my breath in; my mind was stuttering again. She picked up the pieces, but I was a un-marked fragile box. Who the hell was I to fall apart on her? In the mere second that it took to process her warm, warm lips on my cheek, I wrapped my arms around her and a single tear slipped pass the barrier I built up. This tiny being, who had the universe painted on the back of her hand chosen me. She chose me, out of all fools on this planet.
This tiny being chose to exhale when I inhale, and to be the ocean. For I, was the tide and she was the shoreline. Each time I forgot, and each time I remembered she was there with me. I never truly left her. Nor did I ever truly forget her.

As my thoughts slipped away, I opened my mouth and spoke. Silent tears of love continued to slip down my tan cheeks, "The ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it is pushed away,"

She inhaled, I exhaled; "Turtle, what do you mean?"

I pushed my head into her soft hair, "What I mean El, is that I love you."

And without a moment being wasted, her soft lips reached my head and what I thought I'd never hear again rolled past that tongue. "I'm in love with you, Tony."

Coming Soon.

Influenced by "Plan B," by Sarah Kay.

Written by Hailey Rivers.
© © © © © Copyright act in possession.
Tony/OC/SwitchingPOVS