Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Please Keep Chasing Me

I grab my coffee and run out the door. Shit I'm going to be late on my first day. I jump into my car and start driving to school, exceeding the speed limit and running through red lights. I'm surprised I haven't got pulled over yet. I finally make it with less than a minute to spare. I almost make it to the classroom but I stop once I hear a voice calling my name. I turn around and stare at the menacing face of Mr. Way, the school administrator. The bell rings and I watch as kids shuffle to their classerooms.
"Please explain to me, why you are late on your first day Mr. Fuentes?"
"Well technically I wouldn't have been late if you hadnt stopped me," I say laughing. He stares ahead and sighs, obviously not finding the humor in my joke. "I'm sorry sir but I swear it won't happen again." He shakes his head. "It better not. I pulled a lot of strings to get you this job," he says before walking off.
I'm late on the first day of my new teaching job. I start to wonder if I'll be able to handle this. I'm fresh out of college and I'm afraid the kids won't take me seriously. I wanna be like that cool teacher I had back in high scool but I'm afraid they're only think of me as their friend then. These kids need to respect me, I can't afford to loose this job. I open the classroom door and prepare for what's to come.
"Okay class settle down! I'm sorry for being late but I was having a nice discussion with your principal." The kids simply ignore me and I realize this isn't going to be as easy as I had hoped. I'm so lost in my thoughts, that I barely hear the door open. The kids stare at the newcomer and snicker. They start whispering to one another, laughing in amusement. I turn around ready to greet the new student, but gasp when I notice how beautiful he is. He looks at me funny before speaking.
"Um...sorry I'm late but I couldn't find the classroom," the beautiful boy says timidly. I try not to stare but I just can't help it, he's too cute. A shaggy haired boy with blonde streaks laughs and whispers something to his friend, who then speaks up. "Don't believe that shit sir, Quinn was out fucking his boyfriend! That's why he's late." All the students start laughing while Quinn hides his face in shame. I walk up to the boy and ask "What's your name kid?"
"Alex Gaskarth," he says with that stupid smirk on his face. "Well Alex, you can grab your things and get out of my class. I won't be tolerating any behavior of that sort, got it." He gets up from his seat and rolls his eyes "Got it." He walks out the room, slamming the door in the process. So much for being that cool teacher. I turn my attention to the boy standing awkwardly by my side.
"Go take a seat," I say. He walks to the back of the classroom and takes the seat next to a boy with red hair. They exchange a few words and the boys smiles. He has a nice smile, I think to myself.
"Alright class I'm your new teacher Mr. Fuentes. I hope to be someone you guys can relate to. I am not a mean teacher in any way but I won't tolerate any behavior like Alex's okay. So do you guys have any questions for me?"
"How old are you?" One kid asks. "Twenty-three, I just graduated from college a few months ago."
"Do you have a girlfriend?" A blonde girl named Jenna asks winking. I stare at her in shock before shaking my head no. The students ask a few more questions before the bell finally rings. The kids hurry out of the classroom while the boy from earlier slowly grabs his things. He walks up to my desk and nervously looks around, making me chuckle. "Can I help you?" I ask smirking.
"Uhh yeah, I'm Kellin and I just wanted to thank you for what you did earlier. No one has ever stood up for me like that." I sigh in disbelief, knowing that the students and teachers let bullying go on around here. "Don't worry about it kid. Oh and I thought your name was Quinn?" I say making him laugh. His laugh is so cute and contagious. "No that's just what Alex calls me. Well I gotta get to my next class so,"
"Of course." I open the door for him and he walks out. I close the door and look around the classroom in awe. It's nothing special but I mean come on, it's my classroom now. I notice a notebook on the floor and pick it up. I flip through the pages and realize the book belongs to Kellin. Intrigued, I read what's inside the book. I smile when I realize he's written lyrics, some quite good actually. I put the book on my desk and shake away the thoughts of Kellin Quinn. The last thing I need, is to have some stupid crush on one of my students.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? I've never read a student/teacher Kellic so I thought, why not write one