Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Let's Keep This A Secret

The bell rings and I slowly shut the door. Any minute now, Kellin will come knocking. He's always late but I never count him absent. The clock tics on and I start to worry. It's 8:30, why isn't he here by now? I instruct the class to work on their projects and ignore Tyler's protests, claiming he can't work without Kellin. Did I mention how much I hate that kid? I quickly walk outside the classroom and pull out my iPhone. I dial his number and wait impatiently.
"Hello?" I hear my boyfriend ask groggily.
"Where are you?" I hear him clear his throat and cough loudly.
"I'm sick, can't you tell?" I roll my eyes and sigh.
"Come on Kellin, you know you can trust me. What's going on?" The line stays quiet and my worry increases. After what seems like eternity, he finally speaks.
"My dad wanted me to stay home okay. Look we shouldn't be talking right now, I gotta go." I try to protest but he hangs up. I know he's lying to me, I just don't understand why. I guess I'll just have to pay him a little visit later on.
The day flies by and I'm more than ready to see Kellin. I haven't stopped thinking about him since this morning. I jump into my car and quickly drive to his house, running through red lights and stop signs. I'm surprised I haven't got pulled over yet. I'm a reckless driver who deserves a ticket. Anyway, I feel my spirits lift up as I pull into the familiar drive way. My hands shake as I ring the door bell and wait for him to answer. I have to gut feeling that something bad happened to Kellin last night. My boyfriend opens the door and I feel my heart sink. I was right, something bad did happen to him. He has a busted lip and a severely bruised body.
"What happened to you?" I ask pulling him in for a hug. He winces in pain and I jump back.
"I'm fine Vic. I just fell down the stairs last night." I sigh, knowing he's lying.
"Here let me help you inside," I say wrapping an arm around his shoulder. He steps forward and almost falls down. Lucky I'm here to help him. He takes another step and limps into the house, my arm still securing his body. I hate seeing him in pain. Without hesitation, I lift him up and carry his limp body to the couch.
"So are you going to tell me what happened?" He shakes his head.
"Please tell me what happened," I plead. After complete silence, he finally speaks up.
"My dad beat me up last night." I gasp in shock and pull him into my lap.
"He's been doing this for months. He locked me in a closet last night," he says shaking. I wipe the tears from his face and whisper in his ear.
"That's it, you're staying with me. I won't let your dad do this to you." He shakes his head and cries.
"He won't let me leave."
"I don't care what he says, you're coming with me." As if on cue, the door bursts open. We stare up at his dad in fright. It's obvious he's pissed off right now.
"Kellin, who the hell is this?" He asks looking at me in disgust. Before he can speak, I quickly stand up.
"I'm his boyfriend. Kellin's going to be living with me from now on." His dad shakes his head and laughs.
"There's no way I'm letting him go." He grips Kellin's arm and yanks him forward. "You're staying with me, you stupid fag!"
"Don't you dare call him that!" I yell. I push Kellin away from his dad and bounce, throwing the first punch. I hit his dad in the face and he stumbles back. He recovers quickly and wraps his hands around my throat. My breath hitches and I feel myself getting light headed. I try to pry his hands away but I'm too weak.
Kellin lunges forward, a bat in hand. With what little strength he has left, he swings the bat and hits his dad in the back of the head. His hands let go of my neck and I feel the breath return to my lungs. I gasp for air and watch as Kellin's dad falls to the ground, unconscious. Kellin drops the bat and kneels down beside his dad.
"What if I killed him!" He screams in agony. I bend down beside him and check the man's purse.
"He's still alive, don't worry. This is what the bastard deserves. Lets go pack your things," I say grabbing his hand. He quickly jerks away from me.
"No, I have to stay with him!"
"Do you really want to live with a man who does nothing but hurt you?"
"You don't understand, he has a drinking problem. If I don't stay he'll only fall deeper and deeper into addiction."
"Okay, I understand where you're coming from but do you really think you can help him?" He ponders the thought for a minute and shakes his head.
"Okay I'll go with you." He grabs my hand and pulls me upstairs. I help him throw his belongings into a large duffle bag. I sling the bag around my arm and we hurry downstairs. By the time we approach the end of the staircase, Kellin and I are left in shock. His father's body is gone. I grab Kellin and push him out the door.
"Run to the car!" I yell. Shit! Where did I leave my keys? I glance around and the search the room. Finally, my eyes catch sight of the keys. I run to grab them but I feel my body being pulled back. I turn around and face an angry drunk, ready to beat the shit outta me. He throws a right hook and I clutch my face in pain. Using my left foot, I kick him in the balls and run out the house. I jump into the car and stick the key inside the ignition. My hands shake and I start to panic. I try to turn the key but it's jammed inside. I look up and see Iellin's dad leaning in the doorway. He limps our way and Kellin starts screaming. I quickly force the key to turn and sigh in relief when the engine fires up. We pull out the drive way and speed down the street. My heart beat returns to its normal pace and I sigh, knowing this isn't the last time we'll be seeing Kellin's dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kellin's dad ruins everything