Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Good Times

"I don't wanna go!" I yell pouting. Vic opens the car door and lightly pushes me inside.
"Come one Kellin! You could use a nice distraction after everything that's happened."
"My dad basically tried to kill you last night! Nothing could distract me from that." He rests his hand on my knee and smiles.
"Trust me Kellin, you're going to love this."
About an hour later, he finally parks the car. I glance around and frown. We're in the middle of fucking nowhere.
"Is this where I'm going to die?" I ask sarcastically.
"Of course! This is where I take all the pretty boys."
"I'm not a pretty boy," I mumble grumpily. I jump out the car and sigh.
"I'll lead the way," he says excitedly, earning an eye roll from me. He takes my hand and leads me through a small path of trees to an open clearing. There lays a blanket, along with a picnic basket. There's a bottle of champagne, two glasses, and a pair of speakers right beside it. Above us, the stars are shining brighter than I've ever seen.
“This is beautiful,” I gasp.
“You deserve nothing less,” he says smiling. We sit down on the blanket and I watch in amusement as he pours champagne into our glasses.
"You know it's illegal for me to be drinking, right?" He laughs loudly and hands me a full glass.
"We're already breaking the law just by being together."
"That's true." He holds his glass up in the air and laughs.
"A toast to us!" We clink our glasses and drown the champagne. I quickly look inside the picnic basket containing only desserts: strawberries with chocolate, two slices of cheesecake, and some chocolate chip cookies.
“Sweets for a sweet boy,” he explains.
He reaches over and turns on the radio, the music playing softly in the background.
“Care to dance?” he asks. I nod, taking his hand in mine. He places his hands respectfully on my waist, making me laugh. I rest my head on his shoulder as we danced together. I smile when I feel his lips lightly graze my forehead.
"I love you Kellin." My head shoots up and I stare at him in shock.
"I love you too Vic," I say with tears rolling down my face.
"Why are you crying mi amor?" He asks kissing away my tears.
"Because I'm so happy, no one has ever cared about me the way you do."
When we finally return to the blanket, Vic cleans up the food and moves it over to the side. We lay down on the blanket, hand in hand. I smile as he points out different constellations to me.
“I was never that great at science, but I took interest in the sky,” he says.
"Sing to me," I say randomly. I expect him to say no but smile when I hear his voice, quietly singing in my ear.
"I didn't know you could sing." Vic sighs and lets go of my hand.
"There's a lot you don't know about me." What the hell is that supposed to mean?
"Like what?" He shakes his head and kissed my hand.
"Jaime Preciado," he says, voice cracking.
"Who's that?" I ask frowning.
"He was my first love. He died a few years ago. I lost my way after he died. I spent years locked away in my room, my only company coming from a razor."
"I'm sorry," I say shocked.
"Don't be, it's my fault."
"No it's not! Why would you say such a thing?"
"It doesn't even matter. Kellin, you saved my life. I hope you know that. Without you, I'd still be a depressed, lonely loser stuck in their parents basement." The sincerity in his eyes almost scares me. He's been through so much. All I can do is pull him in for a hug.
"It's getting late, we should get going." Nodding, I start packing up. I turn around and see Vic staring off into space. I tab him on the shoulder and he jolts back into reality. Caressing my face, he leans in and kisses me, the taste strawberries lingering on his lips as they move against mine.
"The perfect ending to a perfect date," I say just above a whisper.
"You're my perfect ending." I turn around and smile.
"I didn't think you could hear me."
"Whisper in a crowd and I'll still hear you voice," he says melting my heart. What did I do to deserve such a perfect boyfriend?