Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

This Isn't Right

"Why do I have to walk to school?" I ask pouting. My boyfriend cups my face in his hands and kisses me.
"Because people would get suspicious if they saw us together outside of school." I roll my eyes and sigh.
"Alright fine, I'll walk to school. You just better hope I don't get jumped by Alex or something!" I yell walking out the door. I'm grateful to be living with Vic. It's going to be nice, coming home to my beautiful boyfriend. I won't have to live in constant fear anymore, fear of what will happen when I walk through those doors to see my drunken father. I'll never have to worry about that drunken bastard ever again.
I'm walking down the street and I can't seem to shake this strange feeling. Something just doesn't seem right. I glance around quickly but don't see anything. It must just be my imagination.
Danny's pov
"Ben, get your lazy ass over here!"
"What do you want?" He asks groggily. I point to the window and he follows my gaze. Rolling his eyes, he scoffs loudly.
"I don't see anything!"
"Isn't that Kellin Quinn?" Ben nods his head and stares at me in confusion.
"Yeah that's him. What's the big deal?" Ben asks. I sit down on the couch and think about everything I saw last night.
"I saw Mr. Fuentes carrying bags into his house last night."
"So...you were creeping on our teacher last night! Who cares?" My friend yells drastically. He's such a girl sometimes. "No you don't understand. I just saw Kellin walk outta his house. I know you aren't the smartest kid but come on Ben, connect the dots." My friend shakes his head and sighs.
"Stop speaking in riddles Danny! What the fuck are you talking about?"
"I could be wrong but I think he spent the night with our teacher." Ben makes a disgusted face and hits me with a pillow.
"I don't wanna talk about this anymore! I don't wanna think about my English teacher spending the night with some kid."
"Dude what if they had sex!" I yell. Ben flicks me off and runs into the bathroom. "I don't wanna talk about this!"
"Ben, don't you see what's going on? This is fucking crazy! Our teacher may be having an affair with one of his students." Ben opens the door and pokes his head out. "Well it's none of our damn business, okay." I open my mouth to protest but quickly shut it. He's right, it's none of our business. I just think what he's doing is wrong.
Walking into English class, I glare at Mr. Fuentes. He doesn't even notice since he's too bust speaking to Jack. The poor kid's probably his next victim, I think disgusted. What kind of teacher would get it in with their student? Okay, I need to calm down. I'm sure there's another explanation, I mean it's Mr. Fuentes. He seems like such a nice guy.
At that moment, Kellin walks into class and I almost shit myself. He's in this class? I didn't even know he was in our grade. How come I haven't noticed this before? I only know who the kid is because of Matty. Well at least he's not like a freshman or something, then I'd really have a problem with this. Ben nudges my shoulder, breaking me out of my trance.
"Dude stop staring at him!"
"I can't help it! I feel like I'm keeping a huge secret." Ben rolls his eyes and scoffs.
"You don't even know if something happened between them. The kid could be a friend of the family or something."
"Yeah okay," I say sarcastically. He could be right but I just can't shake this feeling I have. I know something's going on and I'm determined to figure out what it is.
"Dude we're going to investigate this. We're about to do some James Bond shit! I wanna find out everything."
"Danny you don't even know what you're talking about! James Bond was a secret agent, not a private investigator."
"Whatever the point is, we're going to find out what's going on." Ben shakes his head sighs. Does he not see how big of a deal this is? It doesn't even matter. I'll find out what's going with or without his help.