Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

You're Being Selfish

I feel my throat go dry as I meekly nod my head. I can't lie. The police officer nods his head and writes something down in his notepad. "How long?"
"Uh..I don't know. We haven't been together that long?" He writes in that stupid notepad again and grabs something out of his bag. My eyes widen as I stare at the photograph in his hands; a picture of Vic and I kissing. "Who took this?"
"That's confidential. Anyway, the person who took this seemed to be under the impression that you and Vic were living together. Is that true?" Unsure of what to say, I ask to make a phone call.
"You can do that after I'm done questioning you." Okay...I guess that's out of the question. "I don't live with him. We were just casually dating, nothing serious." I don't know what made me say that but it felt like the right thing to do. "I see," he says smugly. He opens the door and and tells me to get out. Without a moment's hesitation, I'm out the door. I run into the main office and find Vic sitting alone by the window. I sit down beside him and he quickly looks up. "What did you tell them?" He asks in a panicked voice. "I told them we were casually dating, nothing serious you know?" Vic rests his head iin his hands and sighs. "Why did you tell them that?!? You should have kept your mouth shut!"
"I had to tell them the truth! They would have known I was lying, they had a picture of us kissing." Vic's eyes widen and I can tell he's really shaken up by this. I guess I haven't come to terms with this. If they press charges, Vic could go to jail. "Please tell me you didn't tell them that we live together."
"I didn't but I'm sure they're figure it out. They're bound to search the house." Vic smiles at this and I stare in confusion. Why would he be smiling like that? "Thank God! My plan's going to work!" I stare at him blankly and frown. "What plan?"
"I had my brother move your stuff back into your dad's house. That way they're never know we lived together." Okay, am I hearing write. "You're moving back in with him." My eyes widen and my mouth dries up. He's crazy! "What the hell Vic? You want me to move back in with that abusive bastard?" Vic cups his hand over my mouth and shushes me. "Will you be quiet? They might hear you. No, I don't want you back over there but it's only temporally."
"Vic...you're being selfish. You aren't the only one at risk here." Does Vic even realize the danger he's putting me in? "Vic Fuentes," calls the same officer from before. Vic nods his way and stands up. "Please Kellin, just go home." Before I can even respond, another officer is telling me to go home. If I had a home, I would. Living with my dad for seventeen years was hell but if Vic wants me to go home then I will.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was so short. The next will be way longer, like before.