Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Just Let The Ocean Wash Away My Pain

"So the boy tells me you don't live together." Rolling my eyes, I finally speak up. "That's because we dont live together." The officer shows me than damn picture and shakes his head. "So you weren't at your house when this was taken."
"We were but that doesn't mean he lives with me. You can even search the place if you need more evidence," I say with a cocky tone. "That won't be necessary. We looked over Kellin's files and it turns out he's seventeen. We were under the assumption that he was younger." Rolling my eyes for the tenth time, I say "No shit he's seventeen."
"That means we can't charge you with statutory rape but we can charge you for having an inappropriate relationship with one of your students."
"Call it inappropriate but we're in love. You can do whatever you want but you won't stop me from loving him."
Kellin's pov
I slowly turn the door knob of our front door and prepare for the worse. "Dad," I meekly call out. I expect to see him passed out on the floor but instead, he's sitting at the kitchen table. Once he sees me, he stands up. "I'm so sorry." What? My dad pulls me into a bone crushing hug and I don't know weather to push him away or reciprocate. I slowly let my guard down and let out a few tears. "I've missed you," is all I say. Believe it or not, it's true. I've missed him so much. I haven't just missed him while I was gone but I mean, I've missed the man he was before mom died. "I'm so sorry for everything I've done to you. I understand if you don't want anything to do with me."
"Don't say that. You've fucked up way to many times and you're right, I shouldn't forgive you. But I will because you're my father and you're the only parent I have left."
"Kellin..about my addiction. I'm finally going to get help. I mean it this time, things will be different."
"They already are. So I guess I've moved back in." It's funny how much I've missed this place, the place I once considered a hell hole, my own personal torture chamber.
"Who was that guy that brought your stuff back?"
"Oh..that was my boyfriend's brother." My dad frowns as I say the word boyfriend and I half expect him to punch me in the face.
"I almost forgot you were gay." I almost forgot you were homophobic. "Does that still bother you?" He doesn't say anything and I start to panic. He finally shakes his head and sighs. "No son, I want you to be happy." Am I hearing right? "Things are going to be different, remember?"
"I've heard that before," I mutter under my breath. "Well this time I mean it." My dad and I talk for a bit longer and I find out that he's been attending AA meetings since I've been gone. I guess my absence was a real wake up call for him. That's good, he really needs the help.
Walking up the familiar staircase, I notice our family picture have been hung back up. I remember the day my dad tore them down in a drunken rage. I walk into my room and the corners of my mouth turn upright. My dad actually took all my stuff and put it back in place. Exactly the way it was before I left. You know what, I'm actually happy Vic forced me to come back home. I lay down on my bed for the first time in weeks and close my eyes.
Beep!
I open my eyes and groan. I just fall back asleep. I'm guessing Vic won't be at school today. I pull out my phone and dial his number. "Hello," I hear a groggy voice ask.
"Vic? Where are you? You didn't have to stay in jail overnight, did you?"
"No Kellin, they let me leave a few hours ago." I let out a breath I didn't even know I was keeping in.
"That's great!"
"Yeah it is, Vic says nonchalantly. "Okay, what's going on? Why do you sound so depressed?"
"Well maybe it's because the police want to arrest me! Kellin, I'm going to loose my job because of you."
"I'm sorry." Why is he blaming all of this on me?
"You shouldn't have told them anything. Why couldn't you have lied?"
"Yeah because that would have helped." Silence fills the conversation and I don't know what to say.
"Listen Kellin, I can't talk right now. Meet me at my house after school, okay?"
"Okay Vic, I love you."
"Goodbye Kellin. I slowly remove myself from the comfort of my bed and walk into the bathroom. Where is it? I wonder while digging into the cabinet. Finally! I gasp in relief as my fingers glide over the smooth surface of the blade. I hesitantly pull it out and shove the razor into my pocket. I have a bad feeling that I'll be needing this later on.