Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

This Isn't Happening

Of course none of that actually happened. As much as I had hoped Kellin would show up, he never did. I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't have shown up either, not after what happened last week. I guess I really am on my own now.
Kellin's pov
"Why don't you go after him?"
"What good would that do? Come on Tyler, I already told you what happened. It's over, Vic wants nothing to do with me."
"That's not true. He loves you." I shake my head and sigh. "No he doesn't."
"Well if it makes you feel any better, I still love you."
"Wait, you love me?" Tyler nods his head and I can't help but smile. "Of course I do."
"Well you know I still love Vic."
"Yeah but we can make it work." Tyler says as he wraps an arm around my waist. I push him off and his expression turns from one of admiration to one of anger. "What the hell is wrong with you?"
"I'm sorry Tyler but I just can't be with you. Not when I'm still so in love with Vic."
"Are you kidding me? I did all that shit for nothing. I fucking hate you Kellin!" Tyler storms out of the house just as my dad walks in. "Who was that?"
"No one important."
"What happened to your boyfriend? Where is he?"
"He isn't my boyfriend anymore."
"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that." Oh my gosh, my dad is really bad at this. At least he's trying to comfort me. "Kellin, we need to talk."
"About what?"
"Well you know I'm leaving next week."
"Yeah and?" He's leaving for rehab next week.
"Well you can't stay here while I'm gone."
"Why the hell not?"
"You're only seventeen. You can't live on your own." Are you kidding me?
"Come on dad! I'm not a little kid anymore."
"I know you're not a kid anymore but that doesn't change the fact that you need a guardian. While I'm away, you'll be staying with Maria Mero. She's an old friend of the family."
"Where does she live?"
"Just a few blocks away. Don't worry Kellin, she has a son your age. I'm sure you'll get along just fine."

With a suitcase in hand, I say goodbye to my father. I stare at the small white house in front of me. So this is my new home huh? Why does it look so familiar? I don't know. I just hope Maria and her family like me. My dad said she has a son my age so I'm excited to meet him. According to my father, it's just Maria and her son. Her husband died four years ago.
I softly knock on the door and wait. After a few seconds the door swings open, revealing a short red headed woman. She wraps her arms around me and smiles.
"Kellin! I haven't seen you since you were a kid!"
"We've met before?" She nods her head and pulls out a picture of two little kids playing together in her front yard.
"Wait..is that me?"
"Yup. You and my son used to play together back in preschool." No wonder the house looked so familiar but this boy, I don't recognize him at all.
"Wow I don't even remember this."
"That's okay. i doubt Alex remembers those days either." I scrunch up my nose and laugh nervously. "Alex?"
"My son, you go to school with him."
"No I don't. I only know one kid named Alex and there's no way he could be your son."
"Alex Gaskarth?"
"Yeah."
"That's my boy." No! This can't be happening. I suddenly feel myself getting dizzy. I grab onto Maria just as I hear a door slam shut. "Are you okay?" I hear her ask in a distorted voice. I quickly fall to the floor and close my eyes. Before I can even process what's going on, I feel someone lift me up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex and Kellin in the same house....this can't end well