Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

How Could You Do This To Me?

"All I'm saying is, Thor and Lokie would make a great couple."
"What the fuck man? I thought you were weird before this but now I know you're just plain out crazy."
"Whatever Alex, you know it's true."
"Yeah okay. Anyway, is Jack coming over later?"
"Oh." Dammit! Alex and I have managed to become friends but Jack and I, let's just say we aren't that close. "Why does he still hate me so much?"
"He thinks you have a thing for me," Alex says whist taking a bite of his sandwich. I make a disgusted face and sigh.
"Don't talk with your mouth full."
"Okay mom."
"Why would Barakat think I like you? I mean come on, I have better taste than that." I suddenly hear the front door swing open and in walks my best friend. "Better taste? You fucked a teacher! What do you think that says about you?"
"Shut the hell up! You're just jealous that I get to spend all my time with Gaskarth." Jack flares his nostrils and pushes me forward. "So you do like him?" Are you fucking kidding me? Don't people know sarcasm when they hear it? I quickly push him back and watch as he slams into the table.
"No you asshole and even if I did, it's not like he'd ever feel the same way. He's too hung up on you." My mouth drops as soon as the words leave my lips and the guys stare at me in shock.
"What the hell Kellin?"
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that."
"Jack didn't even know I was gay!"
"I'm sorry." Jack turns to Alex and sighs. "Is this true?" Alex nods his head shyly and blushes bright red. "I understand if you never wanna talk to me again."
"Why would you say that? I love you Alex, I always have."
"I love you too Jack." They start kissing and I quickly run out the room. The last thing I wanna see is the two of them getting all hot and heavy.
An hour later, Jack and Alex come walking into my room. Their hair is sticking up in odd angles and they're all sweaty. Eww I don't even wanna think about what they were doing.
"Alex you're such a whore! I could hear you moaning Jack's name."
"Sorry buddy. Anyway, Jack's about to leave."
"Alright," I say in confusion as Alex gives Jack a worried glance. "Kellin, we need to talk."
"Ok." Jack gives him a quick peck on the cheek and runs downstairs. Alex slowly sits down and sighs. "I need to tell you something and when I do, you're going to hate me."
"No I'm not. Come on Alex, you bullied me for years and now look at us. We're like best friends. I never thought that would happen."
"Neither did I. I hated you for so long and I did a lot of stupid stuff to try and hurt you."
"No kidding," I say as Alex grabs his phone. "This is how stupid I was." I grab the phone from him and stare down at the same picture the police had months ago. "How-how did you get this? I don't understand."
"I'm the one who took it. I'm so sorry Kellin. If I had known back then what a great person you are, I would have never done it."
"But you did do it! Vic is gone! The love of my life is gone because of you!"
"I'm sorry! Do you think you could ever forgive me?" I slowly rise to my feet and turn my back on him.
"No." I hear him stand up, he puts a hand on my shoulder but I brush him off.
"Please Kellin, you're like a brother to me. I love you."
"Yeah I love you too. You're my brother." I sit back down and watch as my friend leaves. I can't believe this. I trusted that asshole. I shared my secrets with him even after everything we've been through. I really thought he had cared about me. I guess it was all a lie. I slowly stand up and grab my jacket. Being as silent as possible, I pry the window open. I'm on the second floor but the jump can't be that bad. I jump out and land on the grass. Yes! I didn't break anything. I quickly start walking down the street, not knowing where to go. I mean, I have absolutely no one to turn to. Jack and Alex are my only friends. Can you believe that? Justin and Matty don't even hang out with me anymore. Not after I started hanging out with their "enemies." David, Austin, and Josh hardly talk to me either. In fact, I've been banned from our old lunch table. The last six months have been pretty rough to say the least. I thought Vic would have at least called me once he got to Colorado but he never did. We haven't spoken since the break up.
Once I get to the park, I sigh in relief. I'm finally here. There's an old bridge by the park that I've always liked. The stream over water that flows underneath is beautiful; the waves crash along the rocks. I pull out my phone and dial Vic's number. I don't expect him to answer, I just need to hear his voice, even if it's just his voice mail. After five rings, I hear that familiar voice that I love so much.
"Kellin?"
"Vic?"
"It's me, why are you calling so late?"
"I didn't want you to think that I'd die without saying goodbye first."
"What are you talking about? Are you okay Kellin?"
"I love you," I say as I hit end. Vic's voice slowly fades into the background of my thoughts. With one hand on the railing, I dangle over the edge. My hand starts slipping and my eyes close. This is it, the beginning of the end. "Don't do it!" I hear just as I'm about to jump. Ugh! I don't even have to turn around to know who it is. "Why shouldn't I? Everyone hates me, including you."
"I don't hate you Kellin."
"Fuck off Alex!" That cheeky bastard steps closer as I let my hand slip further.
"Not until you grab my hand. You're going to fall."
"You think I don't know that?"
"Come on Kells, don't do this. There are so many people out there who care about you." I roll my eyes and laugh in amusement. "Like who?"
"Me, Jack, Matty, Justin, Vic, your dad."
"You're wrong. None of you care about me."
"What about your mom?"
"What about her?"
"She wouldn't want you to do this. I don't want you to do this." Alex moves closer and slowly grabs my arm. "Step back from that ledge." I take a few steps back and feel my feet hit the ground.
"Just take me home."
♠ ♠ ♠
This story only has a few more chapters left..