Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Can We Do This One More Time?

"I'm sorry I can't be there."
"It's okay dad, I understand." I throw the phone down and change into my cap and gown. I can't believe I'm graduating today. After all the bullshit I went through this year, I wasn't sure I'd make it to graduation. My dad can't be there but at least I'll have Maria to cheer me on. Alex walks into the room, hand in hand with Jack, their caps and gowns hanging loosely off their bodies. "You ready to go?"
"I'm more than ready."
I can't help but feel a little sad as I look out at the crowd of people.There are so many people missing; mom and dad, grandma and grandpa. Oh well, at least I have a few people here for me, namely Justin Hills. We started hanging out again after he found out his mom had cancer. He missed so many days of school that he couldn't even graduate with his class. Justin looks over at me and waves. I quickly wave back before taking a seat. After everyone settles down, our valedictorian begins his speech. It's no surprise that Matty is valedictorian, he's always been the smartest kid in class.
"Hi I'm Matty Mullins and it's an honor to be here. When I was asked to make this speech I immediately said yes. Why? Because I can't even begin to imagine a more courageous class than this one. Like many of you though, I have no idea what I wanna do with my life. But that's okay, I'm only seventeen. We have years to figure it all out. Now is the perfect time to make mistakes, to be a kid. So enjoy the summer because once fall comes, we'll all be moving on to bigger and better things. Just remember this, it doesn't matter how long the journey is, as long as you follow your dreams you can succeed. Let's all cheer for the class of 2013! We finally made it!"
Everyone cheers and Mr. Way takes the microphone from Matty. He starts calling out names, Jack Barakat being the first. He runs up to receive his diploma and I swear, Alex almost blows my ear drum out with his loud cheering. "Ben Bruce," Mr. Way says proudly. That kid was in his office everyday for four years. How the hell did he make it here? Nobody thought he was going to graduate, not even Danny. After what seems like eternity, I see my friends stand up and cheer. Who are they cheering for, nobody's up there?
"Kellin Quinn." Wait what? Did he just say my name?
"Kellin Quinn." Oh shit, he did say my name! I run up there and grab my diploma. Everything feels so surreal. I have the proof in my hands, proof that I finally finished high school. Soon enough, the ceremony ends and I'm left alone, again. Alex is off having some romantic moment with Jack and Justin is talking to Maria. Matty's being congratulated by students and I'm here, being a loner once again.
"Kellin!" I spin around and almost faint. "Dad! What are you doing here?"
"I couldn't miss your graduation."
"I'm so happy your here." I give him a hug and smile.
"Someone else is here for you." What? Who would wanna see me?
"Who?"
"Turn around and see." I slowly turn around and shrug. Nobody's there. I spin back around and gasp. Down on one knee is the man I thought I lost forever. "Vic, what are you doing?"
"What I should have done a long time ago. Kellin Quinn, will you marry me?" By now, more than a dozen people are watching, waiting for me to answer. Damn, I can't believe Vic wants to marry me.
"No."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was so bad : /
Well anyway, you should check out my new kellic called You're Just A Bleeding Little Blue Boy