Status: comments=updates

The Boy On the Blue Moon Dreams of Sun

Can We Create Something Beautiful?

"Are you still freaking out over your missing notebook?" Justin asks me. "Yes! I still haven't found it."
"Well don't worry about it okay. Your notebook will turn up somewhere," he says. I shake my head even though he can't see me and hang up the phone. I walk into the bathroom and start working on my cuts and bruises. I'm lucky my dad didn't kill me last night. When I finally woke up, he was passed out on the floor.
I'm able to faintly cover up the bruises on my cheek and neck. I grab my sweater and throw it on. It's way too hot out for a sweater but I can't let anyone see my bruises. I grab my bag and hurry out the door before my father wakes up.
This time I take a different route to school. I can't keep getting into trouble with guys like Alex or Oli. My grades have been slipping and the last thing I need is to get suspended. This is my last year of high school and I need to make it through in one piece.
By the time I make it to school, I still have forty minutes to spare. Great! Yesterday I was late and today I'm early. The door aren't even open yet! I sigh and take a seat on the steps. I think back to my mom, I miss her so much. My dad never hit me when she was still alive. I'm so consumed with my thoughts that I nearly jump back when I hear someone's voice. They look at me oddly and laugh.
"Are you okay?" I look up to see my English teacher smiling down at me.
"Uhh yeah, I'm f-fine Mr. Fuentes," I say stuttering. He grabs out his keys and unlocks the front doors. "Come with me," he says. I grab my bag and follow him into the classroom. I take a seat in the back and pull out my headphones. I watch in silence, as Mr. Fuentes writes some notes on the board. He has really nice arms, I can't help but notice. Stop it Kellin! Don't be a creep, he's your fucking teacher okay!
"Kellin can you come up here?" he asks. I walk up to his desk and nervously play with the strings on my sweater. "Yes sir?" He smiles and hands me my notebook. Are you kidding me! I was at home freaking out and it was here the whole time.
"Thank you, I've been looking for this." I say, relieved to have it back.
"I hope you don't mind but I read some of your lyrics. They're really good," he says smiling. Alright normally if anyone read my lyrics, they'd get punched in the face but when it's my hot English teacher, it's okay.
"Thanks I've worked really hard on them."
He grabs the notebook out of my hands and flips through the pages until he finds what he's looking for. "Tell me about this song Kellin. Is there something going on at home that I should know about?"
Oh shit, he read the song about my dad. Kids start walking into the class and I hurry back to my seat, leaving Mr. Fuentes alone. He looks at me expectantly and I tell him it's none of his concern. This causes a few kids to look at me funny but I just ignore them.
Class seems to drag on and I just wanna get out of here. The bell finally rings and I'm the first one out the door. I ignore the worried stare from my teacher and run to my next class. Nobody can find out about my dad. He'd kill me if I told anyone.
Vic's pov
Okay, so asking Kellin about that song earlier, didn't go the way I had hoped. The kid is right though, whatever's going with him is none if my business. I've here two days and I've already managed to piss off the principal and freak out one of my students. I'm not really cut out for this, am I? I glance at the clock and sigh, 3:30. I grab my things and walk out the door. I hurry to my car and drive off. As I'm driving down the road, I see a kid with his hood up walking down the street. It's pouring out! Why is this kid walking? I pull up beside him and roll down the window.
'"Hey do you want a ride?" The kid turns around and I immediately recognize him. He nods his head and jumps into the car. "Alright Kellin, tell me where to go."
"Umm can you just drop me off at the library?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes," he says quickly. We drive in silence and listen to the rain. This silence is slowly killing me. I wanna say something, but i can't think of anything. I pull up to the library and decide now would be a good time to apologize.
"Listen kid, I'm sorry about earlier. You're right, your personal life is none of my business." He opens his mouth to speak but quickly shuts it. "Thanks for the ride," he yells hastily. He gets out of the car and runs into the library. I shake my head and sigh. He's a strange kid but I like him. I just need to back off, his problems aren't mine. He's my student, not my friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Comments would make my day : )