Rain & Sunshine

Total Opposites

With one punch Colson made, the thick trail of blood flicked out venomously. He shielded himself swiftly with his fists making another punch for his opponent. His opponent was feeling tired and Colson knew he was going to win, like always. Colson swung around and roundhouse kicked him in the gut. He sputtered out a curse laced with blood and crumpled to the ground. Colson didn’t even feel the need to smile from his victory.

The cheering men in the crowd didn’t even make him smile, not even a little bit. It was Sunday, nothing different and nothing new for Colson. It was just like every normal day for him. By normal, it meant going out to the Mosh Pit. The Mosh Pit was a typical fighting arena where criminals, dropouts, gang members, and jobless men would come and fight to make big money. Before every fight, the two opponents would make a bet of hundreds of dollars and the winner would get the victory money all to himself. Colson was a little like them- he needed money. He could get a job like every other seventeen year old, but they paid too little according to him.

This “job” gave him lots of cash instantly. Colson was an extreme fighter. Not once did he lose a single fight. Ever since he joined at the age of fifteen, he surprised everyone on his first day. He was an extreme fighter, and as twisted as it sounds, he felt that when he’s fighting in the ring, with everyone watching him fight men double his size, he couldn’t help that sense of adrenaline and belonging flood into him. He felt strong for every punch, kick, and bite he lands on his opponent.

“Colson wins!” Rootie shouts. Rootie was an announcer for the Mosh Pit. He was the one that opened it up even though he doesn’t fight himself. He was tall, bald, front tooth missing, big muffin top. Colson is very thankful for Rootie to acknowledge and introduce him to fighting.

Colson left the ring, not even giving his opponent another look and headed for his backpack. After putting on his skinny jeans over his basketball shorts and hoodie on, he made his way over to his opponent.

“Five-hundred dollars.” His opponent said while handing Colson the cash.

He quickly ran his fingers through the money making sure it was all there. Five-hundred was not bad, Colson thought to himself. And with that, he left the Mosh Pit. This was his home, this was the Mosh Pit.

Image

Scarlett’s movements were ethereal. The piano slithered in rolling hills of music, while a violin, rich and sweet resonated warmly against the dark wood and red velvet of the theater. And there she was; Scarlett Douglas, her long pale legs stretching elegantly, her body and the music one and the same.

Ever since Scarlett was six years old, she found an indescribable love for ballet. She dances because it’s how she feels. Her soul is released; her moves show what’s in her heart. Love, pain, joy, sadness, freedom with no limits. Something nobody can take from her. She feels to the beat for the music.

For a quick second, she didn’t realize her dance was over. She froze in her last position and smiled gracefully when she heard the claps coming from the audience. They loved her and she loved them. Scarlett passionately walked away from the stage for the other dancers to begin their performance.

Little bits of sweats trickled down her forehead as she wiped them away with a cloth. Her beautiful reflection shined from the mirror; long black hair, shiny blue eyes, and her pale skin. She smiled to herself. Scarlett was always a bubbly seventeen year old. She’s always cheerful and friendly. Not even when she’s in bad mood affects the way she is in public. Scarlett was the one who would always put her best effort into helping people in the best way she can when they’re struggling.

She was like a walking sunshine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this more than New Beginning!!