Rain & Sunshine

Devil meets Angel

He breathed in and out as heavily as he could. Monday morning basketball practice just isn't his thing. He sucked in a tight breath as he crouched down on the gymnasium’s bench, wiping away all of his sweat on his face with his handy towel. Being the captain of the senior boy’s basketball team did have its disadvantages, such as waking up early and being the first one on the gym floor. But this is why he loved it; the feeling of the wind rushing at him as he sped up, the feeling of his legs flying as they pounded against the ground, the way he could see the ball gradually going in the hoop. He loved it all- and he loved the winning even more.

“Nice practice, Colson. You can go now.” Coach Nelson said to him before yelling at the other boys, who cowered at the coach’s harsh words.

Colson didn’t bother going into the change room but headed for his locker instead. He would leave spare clothes on Friday because he knew he’ll always be arriving late on Monday mornings. Colson hated the fact that he always had practices in the mornings but in the end he was always thankful for it. It woke him up; it was his daily coffee and boost for the day. He walked around the school’s hallway not giving a single damn that he was topless. It was only eight in the morning; no one would bother coming to school this early.

As he was close to reaching his locker, he heard an unusual sound. He heard a beautiful melody of strings. His heart filled with emotions as he heard the wondrous tune spill out into the morning air. Colson tried to ignore the soft melody as he opened his locker to get his clothes.

“ Ugh!!”

He heard a groan. It sounded like a female.

Once more he heard the same melody being played again.

“Uggghh!!!”

He heard the female groan again, but it lasted longer. Colson grabbed his clothes, locked his locker and opened up the classroom next to him to kill his curiosity.

“Shut up will you?” Colson said a narcissistic tone.

The female suddenly jumped from her seat, “sorry!”

Colson looked at her from head to toe. He has definitely seen her around the school before but couldn’t get her name from the tip of his tongue. She was averaged height, a flowing thick cascade of never ending long, black, mesmerizing hair that lasted inches above her petite waist. She had very thin legs but it suited her, along with her perfect straight nose and full lips.

“What are you doing here so early?” He asked her.

“What are you doing here so early topless?” She shot back.

“Basketball practice.”

“I practice my violin early morning at school sometimes.” She sat back down in her seat. “You look
like a walking corpse.” She smirked.

“Thanks, tell me something I don’t know.” Colson sarcastically responded back.

"The bags under your eyes are quite a delectable shade of purple. What brand is that?"

"Insomnia."

"Nice. Gotta try that some time."

Colson raised his eyebrows. “Do I honestly look that bad?”

She giggled; which made Colson smile. “Nah, I’m just messing around, you don't actually have crazy eye bags and you don't look like a zombie.” She placed the violin under her chin. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m trying to practice.”

Without saying a word, he closed the door making his way back to the change room to shower.

She’s pretty cute. I’ll have some fun with her. He smirked at himself at the thought.