Status: Story just popped in my head

Find Me

Wedding

"It's too cold out there!" Poppy whined ,hiding under the covers on the couch. I chuckled.
"C'mon ,babe,"I urged with my hand out," we have a show ."
She groaned then pushed the covers off. She was goofy and I loved having her around. I hated when she left. The weeks dragged on without her beautiful face around but she always sent cute pictures.
That night after the show she was on the phone.
"How do you start planning a wedding?," she pacing. A wedding?
I stopped in my tracks and watched her.
She turned and faced me with a huge smile. Oh no.
That bright,teethy smile always got me.
"Hold on,Jill." She said into the phone. Then to me "my older sister is getting married and I'm the maid of honor!"
Not my wedding. I wasn't sure if I was surpised or upset.
I thought of marriage;my parents seemed pretty happy and a bunch of other musicians have wives. It was a huge commitment but a life with Poppy was something to look forward to.
"Cheers!" I smiled. Poppy hugged me.
I heard her sister say " and I want to meet that mysterious boyfriend of yours."
I smiled.
"You will at the engangement party which I will put together."
I listened . "How? You're like in Japan."
"I'm coming home next week for a few days . "
Damn. She would be in the states again but this time I wouldn't be far behide. I was excited to tour with PTV again.g
And since Poppy was in the states helping her sister will be easier. Poppy had an engagement party to plan and a few gown fitting . She was excited for this wedding. All night she told me stories of her sister and her fiancée.
"They've been dating for about six years,but they were friends for about two years. At first, he was a dick . I could not stand him but one day he showed when I was sick looking for Jill,"she took a breathe. She was talking fast and I listened to every word.
"SHe wasn't home and he made me soup since no one was home."
"That's all it takes for you to like someone?"
She giggled "Yeah and he was like an older brother to me and when our Dad walked out ,Drew was there ." She got sad all o of a sudden. I never heard her talk about her father.
I rubbed her back and kissed her cheek.
"How old were you when you met Drew?" I tried. I hated seeing my little bird upset.
"Fourteen" She did that close eye ,thinking face.
"That's an awful long time wif someone." I pointed out.
She shrugged. "20 years is too." She said in a small voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poppy is 22
Oli is 24...maybe