Status: Story just popped in my head

Find Me

(Take A) Chance

Two Weeks after Vegas*

My girl was laying beside me in our bunk. It was around ten am. I had been up for a few hours and just laid down watching Poppy breathe . I smiled when she opened her pretty ,grey eyes at me.
I had her for about six months then who knows how long she would be gone. But we made it before so,I wasn't worried.
Almost a year with her. I couldn't believe it.
"Morning,sexy." She mumbled. I pushed some hair out of her face. She giggled then kissed my bare thigh.
"I don't want to get up." She rolled over to face the wall.
I never felt this way before.
"Babe,you hungry?" I asked. She groaned. She wasn't like any girl I dated before .She wasn't consumed with looks or labels. She just went with the flow and didn't complain about little things.
But for some reason as I watched her some nights ,I felt like she was hiding something. Unlike most girls ,she kept to herself.
That scared me . I rolled out o the bunk to find Matt.

"It's almost a year.I don't know what to do?" We were walking the city . It was sunny and warm.
"Maybe ya should buy her some jewelry and be like ,don't leave me." He offered with a chuckle
"She's a lovely girl. Do you want her to be more?"
I did but I wasn't ready to settle down. I shrugged.
"She's everything I need and want."
Matt told me,"ya crazy,mate. Just don't think too much." He was right. I heard some laughter and a male's voice spoke "no fucking way. That's insane." We looked back to see my girlfriend and Tony walking towards.
"What's insane?" I asked as she hugged me.
"That I graduated high school a year early in order to move to Texas with a boyfriend." She was nonchalant about it. I narrowed my eyes.
"Why didn't you tell me that? That is insane." I stopped . Tony and Matt went on walking. I held her had and looked serious.
"You never asked. We were playing truth and he asked what was the dumbest thing I did. If you would have asked,you know." She answered. She looked hurt.
"I don't know. We talked about exes before."
"Fucksakes Oli. I don't know . Maybe I thought it was irrelevant. I don't like to bring that shit up. Can we drop this?" Her voice loud and people stared. I bit my lip. I don't know why I was so upset. She practically moved in with me within a month of meeting me.
"Ok." I looked down at my shoes. What was wrong with me?
"Old news."she sighed then walked away.
Fuck. Why was I such a jerk?