Status: Story just popped in my head

Find Me

So Sorry Lover

Tony and Matt both asked what was up as Poppy passed and I caught up. Poppy kept walking ahead.
"I don't know. I messed up." I rubbed the back of my neck.
"It took her like twenty minutes to answer that question. I that happens." Tony tried. He patted my back.

Poppy was laying in our bunk ,headphone on .
I crawled in and laid beside her.
"Sorry,love." I whispered. She sniffled.
"Tony and I were just joking and I just told him because I knew he wouldn't take it seriously. I didn't know how to tell you. "
"Al mentioned that guy,Billy? Was that him?" I asked .
She nodded. " Don't freak out ,okay." She begged. She breathed deep. I picked up her hand.
"I was seventeen and Billy was eighteen heading off to Texas to some college. I was in love and," she looked down at our hands . She was going to cry and I knew I shouldn't have pushed her to tell me.
"Pregnant. I was seventeen and pregnant. He said he was going to married me and no one would know I was knocked up." It all came out in one huge sentence . I was shocked. I knew her well but this story was unexpected.
"Knocked up?" I asked. She nodded.
"I lost my baby and him within two months of moving. "
She admitted.
"I'm sorry,baby. I'm sorry I pushed you to tell me."
I hugged her.
"It's ok. You are a curious person , Oli. And that story is the last sad one. The next few guys were just dicks and I just fucked them because I was bored."
She was honest and tried to make a joke.
"I would never leave you in a strange place."
I lied to her. I didn't mean to but that day ,I wanted her to smile and not be sad. I never planned on leaving her. I just got carried away in my own drama.