Status: Story just popped in my head

Find Me

Bridge

It was cold and dark when I finally parked my car . I was home.
Hopefully,Poppy too. Even if she wasn't ,how could I blame her?
I fucking runaway like a child. Just left in the middle of the night.
I was an asshole.
I exhaled as I unlocked the door. My home smelt like Poppy. Her stuff was unpacked which I smiled at. She was here.
I dropped my bag then called her name. She was passed out on my ,well,our bed .The room was pink and her make-up neatly placed on the dresser. The comforter was purple. She made herself at home. I sat beside her. She looked defeated.
I fucked up royally. My stomach growled so,I got up.

Arms wrapped around my waist along with lips on my back.
"Poppy." I whispered. I turned off the stove and turned to face her.
Her eyes and cheek were red . "What did I do wrong?"
My heart broke. I kissed her head.
"I got scared,love. I was stupid and didn't want you to worry." I explained. She pushed me away. There were so much anger in her eyes. I couldn't blame her.
"Are you kidding me ,Oliver!" She yelled then grabbed my hoodie and stormed out. Oh fuck. I sat on the floor ,ate my pasta trying to figure out what I had to do to fix this.
Tom,Matt ,Vegan and lee entered my home. I looked up .
Matt went to speak but Tom cut him off ,"Ya wanker! What the fuck? You leave for three goddamn days,no calls,nothing then you tell your beautiful girlfriend,who ya left in fucking Sheiffied ,ya didn't want her to worry? You fucking left . Just like every other fucker . Ya no better than the guy that left her pregnant in Texas!" He was fuming. I was shocked at his anger.
He wasn't done with me "ya so lucky she said.She deserve more. Go find her and fix this! And next time fucking call." He had his arms up . I pushed my lower lip out then got up.
"I am sorry for leaving." I tried. They nodded.
"It's what you do. We handled it but Poppy is different than us and your exes. She actually loves ya and ya flaws." Matt shared.
Lee told me to get her ,"before someone steals her away."
I listened. I raced through my hometown but I had a feeling where she would be.
Under the walk bridge. She was drinking out of a paper coffee to-go cup . I sat beside her. It felt like I was fifteen hiding from the world again.
It was differently smaller than I remembered.
"I'm never leaving like that again." I promised. She laced her fingers with mine.
"Oli,you worry me regardless," she sighed. "Just talk to me instead of running away. I love you."
She was staying and I had to prove my self .