Rosaleigh, NY

Jordan Suzuki

Friday. Seven o'clock. The town hall.

I shudder at the thought of being surrounded by the whole town, discussing the shit that's about to go down. The whole let's destroy Roseleigh project. I sigh, and close my eyes. I'm shit tired, and all I can do is think of her.

Hell, I'm that close to going to sleep, but then my brain constantly reminds me it's only two fucking thirty in the afternoon. I sigh again. Getting up, I turn off the television and stretch. I think to myself as I walk over to the mirror and check my outfit.

The over-sized grey sweater and the nebula leggings, matched with the studded creepers make me appear even more feminine than what I do in 'male' clothing. The fact that my hair reaches my mid-back doesn't help, either.

I grab my bag and walk out of the house, locking the door. Seeing as I'm here in Roseleigh, I might as well visit that place.

Image


I sit down on the rock. The wind was blowing my hair all over the place, but in all honesty, I don't really give a shit. It's a refreshing feeling, and a nostalgic one. It kinda feels like Viv is sitting here, right next to me, braiding my hair and complaining about how much she hates people and their trivial bullshit.

I feel a tear roll down my face, and a sad smile form on my lips. This is the fucking lake that ruined my life. The lake that ruined Viv's life. The lake that single-handedly destroyed everything I held dear.

And yet, all I'm doing is smiling at it and crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow.
Is this even the right tense?