Rosaleigh, NY

Interlude #1

If she knew was going to die that night, she probably would never have chosen a party to spend her last moments in. Okay, maybe she might have had she been given an alcoholic drink first.

She watched her classmates get smashed and she chuckled to herself. She was never going to see them again after this night. The class of 2009 was finally moving on to a part of their lives that wasn't as insignificant as high school.

Jordan disappeared somewhere and she told him that she would wait for him with a beer in her hands. She strode over to the table full of all different kinds of refreshments, ranging from water to tequila. Just before she could ask the girl in front of her for two beers, she heard,

"FUCK!"

She turned around and Levi Armstrong and Ryan Garner–Rosaleigh High's top bachelors–were face-to-face. Ryan was doubled over, holding his eye, and she assumed Levi was the one who made that happen. Only a few people had noticed since everyone else was dancing and not caring about the world around them. An amused smile grew on her face because boy, did she love a good fight.

"What the fuck was that for!?" Ryan shouted, still holding his eye.

Levi straightened up. "That's for being in love with her and then fucking kissing her."

"Levi, I didn't know you loved Jess too–"

"I'm leaving," Levi said, curtly. He strode over to the table of refreshments, where she was watching, amusedly, and grabbed a beer from the cooler.

"That sucks," she commented.

Levi looked at her and chuckled and nodded his head in agreement. "Ch'yeah," he said, taking a rather large swig from his beer.

"Can you hand me two of those?" she asked, pointing to the beers in the cooler. He grabbed them and gave them to her, which she gladly took.

"Thanks!"

"You're welcome," Levi muttered before walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi, raveena here
interludes are all going to recount "that night" in the POV of the girl in the summary