Status: updates are a little slow at the moment bc my laptop is a twat

At Least We're Alive

Better Run, Better Run

Alex's POV

It wasn't too long ago that I had pitched the idea of stocking up on food, supplies, and maybe even a few weapons - seeing as how the only ones we had were a couple guitars and Ellie's steel bat. There was a Walmart not too far from Jack's place but distance wasn't exactly the problem.

See, it's still pretty early in the day and I'm really sure this thing started sometime last night. So we're still in that chaotic stage where everyone's complete panic and are totally hostile. There's dead all over streets, screams and gunshots in the air, the whole nine yards.

Matt sighed, "Fuck. Alright guys, I think we might have to sneak in through the back." He turned the corner and drove through uncomfortably quiet and empty little streets. He pulled up into the back parking lot, parking in front of an already opened door. "Danny, Ian, Jeff, Vinny, Zack and I will stay here and guard the bus. Jack and Rian are in charge of getting food. Alex and Ellie, you two are in charge of collecting weapons and ammunition. Grieco and Evan are in charge of getting supplies, different things that might come in handy."

I stepped of the bus, tripping over the last step. I felt Jack quickly grip my shoulder with one and my waist in the other in an attempt to help me steady myself. I instantly felt my cheeks heat up and the butterflies in my stomach start to flutter. I mentally cursed myself for still not being over this.

I figured he would've let go as soon as I got my footing back, but instead he kept his hand lightly placed at the small of my back. I didn't mind, though.

Not at all.

We walked into a storage room that led into the actual store. The walls were lined with shelves and boxes filled with different canned and boxed foods, so I guess Jack and Rian's jobs were done.

Jack shrugged and dropped his bag onto the floor, unzipping it in the process "Welp, looks like our jobs are done."

"It looks like we still have service so call us if there's any trouble. Don't take any longer than like 10 minutes, people out there are fuckin' psycho." Rian said, taking on the responsible role as usual.

Jack finished stuffing a box of energy bars into his back before turning around and locking his eyes on mine "Hey, um.. be careful, alright?"

"Y-yeah, of course." I responded, trying to sound as cool and collected as possible despite how fast my heart was beating in that moment.

Grieco and Evan ran off towards the pharmacy area while Ellie and I headed for the outdoors-y section. Luckily, everyone seemed to be caught up in their own fights to notice us.

"I think they're fighting about who gets what in this particular isle so just get what you can and we'll get outta here." I whispered, grabbing as many guns and and rounds of ammo as I could while Ellie sprang for knives and bows and arrows.

"Hey Alex.." she said, keeping her voice low. I hummed in response, letting her know that I was listening.

"I don't mean to pry but.. I couldn't help but notice the underlying romantic tension between you and Jacky boy over there. Is it true what the kids say? Does 'Jalex' really exist?"

Fucking hell, I damn near choked on my own spit. I thought about it for a few brief moments before I decided, hey, I should let someone know.

"Oh God, I can't believe I'm about to tell you this." I sighed, "I've kinda sort've been in love with him for most of our friendship. I was actually thinking about telling him this tour but then I was cock blocked by the apocalypse." I could practically hear her grinning.

"I think you should still tell him." she said, lightly nudging my shoulder "You're a good-lookin' kid. And let me tell you something, that guy does not shut up about you when we hang out. He totally digs you, he just.. hasn't realized it yet."

"You know, you're not too bad." she smiled and opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off before she could, "but I swear, if you tell anyone, especially Jack, I will decapitate you myself."

She snorted and traced a small "x" over her chest with her finger "Cross my heart."

It was nice for a moment, like it wasn't the end of the world. Like it was just two friends hangin' out, one giving the other relationship advice, but that moment was ripped away by the sound of angry footsteps and guns clicking.

"Hey! The fuck do you think you're doing?!" I was both of the groups of people who were fighting over who got what.

"Shit, c'mon let's go" I grabbed Ellie by the arm, dragging her along as she refused to start running for whatever reason only to have her pull away and grab a few things off the shelf, throwing them into her backpack and catching me by the arm, breaking into a full sprint towards the storage room.

Ellie busted through the door, no doubt scaring the shit out of Rian, Jack, Evan and Grieco, who were thankfully still alive and well. I shut the door and moved a few boxes in a feeble attempt to make the door that much harder to open.

"We'll explain later, right now we gotta go." I stated as calmly and as firmly as I could.

The pounding at the door set the guys into motion, picking up our stuff and running back to the bus. All was well until Flyzik started up the bus, when the guys who were tailing us earlier came charging out of the store, guns a' blazing.

"Guys, what the fuck?!" Matt demanded as he hastily pulled out of the parking lot and sped down a random street, leaving our assailants in the dust.

"We tried calling you guys but the phones don't seem to work anymore." Evan muttered, tossing his now useless phone aside, taking no interest in where it landed.

Ellie came up clutching her backpack and set it down on the table "That's fine because I.." she unzipped the bag and pulled out six plastic packages, three in each hand, "got walkie talkies!" she exclaimed, obviously proud of herself, and she should be. She's a handy one, that girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
THERE'S ALMOST 40 OF YOU I'M SCREAMING
so my laptop doesn't hate me that much right now and decided to let me type this up yaayy~
also, i changed the layout 'cause the other one was being all glitchy and ack
also also, i'm sorry this is late D;
comments and things are nice yes<33
okay.
i love you.
-m
<3