Status: Give me comments, would you?

The Time We Spent Is Now Gone

No One Can Hurt Us

‘Oliver Scott Sykes.’ I yelled, getting bit too much attention from the other students. The boy sighed and turned around, eyes pink and puffy from crying. ‘What Emilie.’ He spat with his strong accent. I looked him straight into his eyes, which were same color as mine, brown with a hint of green. ‘C’mon Oli.’ I wiped a tear from his cheek and offered my hand for him to take. He hesitated but grabbed it tightly. I gave him the sweetest smile I knew and started to drag him with me, out of the building.
‘Where are we going?’ I don’t know why he even bothers to ask, he knows where we are going due the fact we do this probably once or twice a week, sometimes even every day of the week. ‘Where do you think we are going knob head?’ I chuckled. ‘I wonder how many other insults have you learned, because that was so original.’ Oliver laughed sarcastically. ‘Oh shut up divvy.’ I pushed past the student.

‘Hey mates, it’s the beauty and the freak. Emilie, why won’t you ditch that minger and hang with us?’ One of the rich brats yelled. Suddenly dragging Oliver started to get harder. I peeked over my shoulder and saw him just standing still. ‘For fuck sakes.’ I sighed and dropped Oliver’s hand. I took few steps towards the group of lads. ‘Okay mates, I’m going to say this just once, so you are better be fucking listening me or I rip your cocks off and show them in your arse, so deep that it comes out of that loud mouth of yours.’ I poked the twats chest who thought he was so funny while bringing Oliver down. He gulped and nodded. Everyone in the hallway went dead silent. ‘First of all, the beauty and the freak is getting a bit old don’t you think?’ I looked him straight into eyes. ‘Answer me.’ I spat and he started to nod furiously. ‘Secondly, what makes Oli a minger in your eyes? He is gorgeous.’ I leaned closer to his face. ‘Now is the time when you say that you agree with me.’ I whispered into his ear. The boy nodded. ‘Last but not least.’ I smirked and took a step backwards. I curled my fingers into a fist and took a shot, straight into his nose. He fell back, onto his mates holding his bleeding nose.

‘Run.’ I laughed and took Oliver’s hand. We ran through the building, backpack’s hanging on our shoulders. We laughed like two mental kids, like we were. We didn’t run off the school property like anyone assumed we just ran to nearest ladder and climbed on the roof, which didn’t have much places to hide, but enough for us, since we just sat there, talking and smoking mostly.



‘I always keep wondering why you chose me to be your friend from all the others.’ Oliver sighed and light one of my cigarettes which he nicked from me. I was leaning against his shoulder eyes closed, but opened them to take the cigarette from Oliver. ‘You were a sad, round kid who seemed to be in a need of friend. And you weren’t trying to force me to be your friend, like all the others.’ I kissed Oliver’s neck and took a drag from the fag. Oliver really used to be like that, but last summer he disappeared for the whole holiday and came back with this gorgeous body. When I asked him about what happened he just told he had been exercising the whole summer and that he was sorry he hadn’t kept contact.

‘I remember when you walked in from those doors. I had never seen a bird like you. Your ebony hair was on a thick braid, hanging over your right shoulder and your bangs were cut on a clean line above your eyebrows, making a perfect contrast against your ivory skin. You didn’t have that awful color puke makeup that the other girls used; yours was just a simple winged black line above the eyes and that blood red lipstick that fit you perfectly, making other girls jealous. You were wearing a black knee high dress which had sleeves, making everyone think you were some goody two shoes, but when you walked past me and I smelled the cigarettes, I knew you weren’t.’ Oliver smiled at the memory. ‘Mr. Sykes you are talking about me like you were in love.’ I sang and kissed his neck again. ‘Oh shut up.’ He laughed and sneaked his right arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. ‘You look exactly the same that you were on the first day.’ Oliver stated and took a cigarette for himself. ‘Well you don’t.’ I sighed and threw the fag-butt few feet’s away from us, where already was a pile of them.

‘Hey twats.’ A voice of young boy made us jump. ‘Fucking hell Tom, haven’t I told you not to sneak up on people.’ My heart was racing. ‘Sorry love.’ He laughed and jumped on me and Oliver taking the cigarette from his older brother’s mouth, placing it between his lips and taking a drag. I was in shock when he didn’t cough the smoke out. ‘Thomas.’ I pushed him off of me and Oliver. ‘You’re twelve; you are too young for this shit.’ I took the cigarette from him. ‘Says the three years older bird that just got suspended for a week due breaking that wanker’s nose.’ Tom laughed. ‘Yes, I have a week-long holiday.’ I sang. Oliver rolled his eyes. Tom stuck his tongue out and sat between our legs face towards us. ’I’m still going to spend my time here, on the roof.’ I smiled at the Sykes git’s and a huge smirk appeared on Oliver’s face. ‘I promise, one day I tattoo high-five on my hand.’ He laughed, high-fiving me.

I sat on our spot on the roof, cigarette hanging between my lips. The suspension thing really just made me skip art and music classes, because normally I skipped the rest by myself and I knew Oliver was going to skip math and science so I waited patiently for him. The sky was full of gray clouds and few rain drops had already hit the surface of earth while ago. Luckily our spot located under the higher roof so we never got soaked while it rained. I straightened my t-shirt and opened the braid in my hair, just to do it again.

‘You, my friend, are late.’ I sighed as I heard footsteps coming closer. I knew for sure it was Oliver due the fact that no one else but Tom knew about this place and Tom didn’t skip classes, he just normally visited us on brakes. Oliver had a stupidest smirk on his face that I had ever seen as he sat down, next to me. I don’t really know why he was smirking after walking in the rain that started just few minutes ago, getting all of his clothes soaked. ‘So the guy you punched yesterday.’ He kept a dramatic pause. ‘He has a sister, and she talked to me today.’ I knew her, year younger blonde Sarah Jayne Whiteley but everybody called her SJ; the biggest cunt on this side of the town. She wore eyeliner and red eye shadow more than she wore clothes to hide her body. ‘Go on, I know there’s more.’ Oliver’s face glowed from excitement. ‘I think I like her.’ Oliver sang. ‘Congrats mate.’ I handed him a cigarette. Of course Oliver was crushing on her; she was every teenage boy’s wet dream. Even in the early age of fourteen she had the reputation of man eater.

‘So, how is your first day of freedom?’ Oliver blew the smoke out from his lungs, straight to my face. ‘Propa fine, morning was a bit slower than I wanted.’ I sighed and placed my head on Oliver’s shoulder. ‘Are you two twats still coming at my house for the night?’ I asked, staring at the gray clouds that were covering the blue sky. ‘Yeah, we are. We have everything we need packed in our backpacks so we can come straight from school. We could leave already but Tom still has math.’ Oliver sighed.



‘Do you have anything that isn’t frozen?’ Tom complained and went through all the kitchen cabinets. ‘You know I don’t cook and neither does my dad, so stop complaining and take cereals or something, I don’t care.’ I sighed and laid my head on Oliver’s lap and turned the telly on surfing through the channels until mtv appeared on the screen, playing Lostprophets. ‘Someday I will have a band and we will be on telly and radio, touring the world, making birds go crazy when they see us.’ Oliver smiled. ‘Isn’t Matt working at Morrisons as a stock boy to get money for the drum set?’ Tom walked out of the kitchen, carrying a cereal bowl. Oliver nodded.

‘Who’s Matt?’ I looked at the Sykes brothers. ‘Matt is my best mate.’ Oliver looked me into my eyes. ‘You are my best bird.’ He laughed. ‘Matt is a talented drummer and his friends, Lee and Curtis are guitarist.’ Tom said and sat on the low coffee table, crossing his feet and eating. ‘I bet we could get Vegan play bass.’ I’ve known these two for over year and have never heard them mention these lads they were talking about. ‘We have a band, but we need to wait until Matt gets his drums and that will take some time.’ Oliver sighed and pecked my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
I heard you like Oliver Sykes.
Image
Image