Status: Active, yet currently paused due to computer malfunctions.

No Mercy

While You Were Sleeping Part 2

The bonds tying her to the chair rubbed at her wrists uncomfortably as she desperately tried to loosen them. Her captor laughed behind her.

“Don’t bother,” a male’s voice said coolly.

A cold, metal instrument trailed down her face, held by a black gloved hand that belonged to a face she couldn't see. She shivered as the instrument was held in front of her, revealing it to be a scalpel.

"Please," she said quietly, the tears forming in her eyes creating a tremor in her voice. "You don't have to do this. If you let me go, I won't tell. I don't even know who you are."

The man laughed again, and positioned the scalpel against her cheek. "I don't have to do anything..."

The pressure on the scalpel increased, first breaking through the delicate top layer of skin, then slipping through the fat. She screamed out, an animalistic, desperate noise tearing from her throat. Tears fell freely from her eyes, seeping into and burning her new wound. The scalpel dug into the muscle, not slicing through easily. Her attacker twisted it, plunging it in a sawing motion and tearing through the fibers of her cheek. She screamed and sobbed, the metallic taste of blood filling her mouth and rushing into her throat, choking her. The cold metal jutted through her cheek, scraping against her teeth. Each breath and shriek gurgled and burned as her attacker continued to work his way down her cheek, finally sawing through the tough sinew at the corner of her mouth.

Her vision dotted, and she welcomed the darkness that was starting to cloud her mind; anything to take her away from this horrific pain.

"Fuck!" the man yelled in frustration, sounding as if he were underwater as she began slipping away. "I needed more time..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
It was around four in the morning when Alan Ashby found himself on the brink of consciousness. He was vaguely aware of the bus slowing down, most likely for the driver to pull over and get some food or use the restroom. He sighed, figuring he might as well get up, too. He had been holding it for a while and didn't feel like stinking up the whole bus. He sat up and brought his legs to the edge of the bunk.

He jumped when the person sleeping beneath him grabbed his foot jokingly. "Austin! What the fuck?!" Alan whisper-yelled.

"Relax, man. I'm going with you, I've been up for an hour. Jim just stopped the bus," almost as if on cue, they heard the bus door open. They both got up and out of their bunks, putting sweatshirts on as they got off the bus.

"Oi! Look who's here too, Ben! These jolly mother fuckers!" Danny Worsnop exclaimed to his best friend, who looked less than pleased to be awake just to accompany his friend to the rest stop bathroom.

"Just go piss," Ben yawned. "Making me go to the shitter with you like we're fucking twelve year old girls."

Danny stuck his tongue out at him before walking into the grimy bathroom, a half asleep Alan following him.

"I’m going to get something from the vending machine. Do you want anything?" Austin asked Ben as he pulled out his wallet.

"Nah, I'm not that hungry, mate." Ben said as he leaned against the side of the bus and shut his eyes. "I might as well go too, though," he muttered, following Austin, his hands in his pockets.

Austin walked with Ben close behind him over to the vending machine, going through his wallet for change. He had about five bucks on him and looked up at the machine to see the price for some Monster and a bag of chips. He distributed the money into the machine and watched as his bag of chips got stuck. He groaned hitting the front of the machine, causing Ben to laugh at his misfortune.

"Sucks to be you, eh, mate?" Ben said with a half asleep chuckle.

Ignoring Ben and seeing that his method wasn't working, Austin moved to bang the side of the machine with his fist. But his fist did not collide with cold metallic side of the vending machine. It landed in something wet and sticky. He looked at his fist and saw blood and exchanged a look with Ben before looking behind the vending machine. They both screamed in horror.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, this was a gory one, wasn't it? We wanted to wish you all in advance a Happy Easter, and we are hoping for some comments on this chapter seeing as there are plenty of different guessing avenues at who the killer might be. Tell us your thoughts, subscribe, and/or recommend. It would really mean a lot to us.
Thank you.