Status: Updated every Friday. (Our time)

In Between the Flowers

Valentine's Day

"Linda's Little Haven, how can I help you?" I said as I answered the phone.
"I swear with a name like that, I wouldn't think this is a flower shop."
"Really, Gerard? I'm trying to work. You know today is the busiest day of the year." I complained.
"I know it's the busiest day of the year, but it's also the most stressful for people like me; who don't have anyone!" he whined.
I sighed loudly and before I could reply, Audrey snatched the phone from my grasp. "Aw, poor baby! Do you want us to send you some of the reject flowers? They're all sad and lonely, just like you." She said in a snarky tone.
Not even having the phone to my ear, I could hear Gerard's loud protests. I quickly yanked the phone away from Audrey. "Look, Gerard, how about you come down to the shop and I'll make you a nice arrangement? And as soon as I close the shop, we can go to the bar."
After we exchanged our goodbyes, I put the phone down and turned to see Audrey smirking at me. "What?" I asked.
"Are you finally gonna tell him?"
"Tell him what?" I said. Please tell me she doesn't know, please tell me she doesn't know, I chanted to myself.
"About the offer to go abroad. What else?" She said innocently.
"Uh...no," I stated dumbly. She continued to stare at me with a knowing look and then quickly turned around.
After that, the shop had people coming in and out throughout the day. Even some brave souls, after witnessing Audrey's charming smile and stunning allure, attempted to hook up with her. With every attempt, however, Audrey became more curt and sarcastic.
"What the hell are wrong with these guys?" Audrey exclaimed
"Well Drey, everything," I said, "plus, you're kind of the only piece of eye candy in the shop." Before Audrey could respond, the door's bell chimed and Gerard waltz in.
"Hey," Gerard greeted, "are you ready to go?"
"Yeah, give me a second." I turned to Audrey, "Can you close up the shop?"
"Yeah, of course. Oh, and before you go, Gerard, you missed an interesting conversation." she said. Gerard looked over at her, waiting for her to continue.
"Frankie said I was a piece of eye candy, but I think the real eye candy here is him." Audrey said as she stroked my chest. Gerard had a disgusted look on his face.
"Well," Gerard started, slapping her hands off of me, "you're right about him being a piece of eye candy, but he doesn't exactly swing your way. Come on, Frank." he said as he dragged me out of the store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um...hi.
This is just a new idea that popped up. Let's see how this goes.

~Ghost & Pansy XO