Status: Part of a series

A Day of Events

A Day of Events

Brian Haner smiled at his son as he stood a little to far to the edge of the pond, quacking back at the ducks and tearing off large chunks of bread at them instead of smaller ones like his father showed him earlier. He wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans and walked over to the dark haired child, hoping for the best. He crouched down to Sam's height and placed a hand on the kid's shoulder.

"Sammy we need to talk." He used in his 'parental' voice.
The boy nodded, took his dad's hand and let himself be taken away to a nearby bench. Sam barely noticed the silence, but for Brian every second was sending little jolts to his heart and making him feel sicker by the second. Better late than never.

"Sammy," He said, pulling the boy to his lap, facing towards him, placing a tattoo'd hand into his son's dark hair and played with the thick strands. "Do you remember meeting Mr Baker a while ago?"

A smile took up a large portion of the boy's face as the name met a face in his head.
"He took me out to the zoo!" His eye's alight with the memories of animals, his dad's laughter and a man with the ink.

"Well, me and Zacky have been doing that for a while, and yesterday." He sighed, how could you tell a child, that has always had him, that he had to introduce a man who needs time with him too. "He asked me if we could become his family."

The boy frowned and cocked his head to the side, deep in thought.
Brian let a puff of air out, taking his hands away from his child's hair and started twiddling with the silver band around his finger before lifting it into the five year old's eyesight, Sammy's eyes had zoomed in on the simple piece of jewellery.

"I'm getting married, Sam." He whispered. The boy's head shot up, almost knocking his father's chin in the process.

"What do you mean?" Brian knew he wasn't talking about marriage, he knew what that was, Sammy meant 'What will happen to our lives?'

"Zacky will be moving in with us, then after the wedding we'll get a bigger house." Him and Zacky spent ages figuring out what would be best, in the end it came down to the house being familiar and Sammy would need that, with all the change.

"But we haven't got any more room?" The younger Haner had scrunched his eyebrows together and looked up at his dad in deep confusion as Brian tried to explain Zacky sleeping with him in his.

The man had smirked and told his son to wait till he is older, then he'll tell him. The child had huffed before smiling up at the man who had raised him since his other parent left them both on his first birthday with no money and only love to give. He liked Mr Baker and knew that he would make his daddy smile. He loved his daddy's smile. The elder could almost cry in relief. No tears. No screams. The three of them will be just fine.

"When is he coming to stay?" The child questioned after helping his father to his feet and placed a hat on his own head rather crookedly. He held his father's hand and stared until he got an answer.

"He's coming over tonight and we will all discuss it later at dinner." A worried look passed over his face as his child ran away from him and towards his beat up car. The child started pulling at the handles until his father unlocked it.

"Hurry up!" The child almost screamed. "We have to clean that Hell hole, do you /want/ him to live with us?!" God his child was demanding.

He thought to warn Zacky of the terror child he agreed to, especially since he's going to have his own in months time, rubbing a hand along his (for now) slim stomach lovingly and started the car. I guess tonight will be interesting!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, second fic, first Avenged Sevenfold one! Not nervous, at all. :I