Status: I have a lot of this written in parts, but it's not finished yet, by far! I just needed a place to put all of this!

The Dream and the Dreamer

Part four.

Sunshine streaked across the bed, contrasting with the sleet gray flannel sheets. Jake lay there, watching Amir's chest rise and fall, his hand loosely placed just by his ear, the other closer to Jake. The former watched from behind a lump in the blankets, admiring how Amir’s skin seemed to shimmer in the golden rays. He was lying on his back, the sheet pulled over his bare chest where only mere hours ago Jake had pressed gentle, loving kisses. They had spent the whole night talking (about everything that came to mind for Amir, and moments over the years decoded) and kissing, when Jake took a giant leap and started kissing every possible inch of Amir’s skin. They simply touched each other in awe, Jake finally traced hearts on his skin, twirled the tiny curls of his hair. Amir babbled while holding him close, fingers dancing on his shoulders. He ended up sneezing on Jake. Twice. But it was okay, he was used to it. Amir was hesitant, shaky with his gestures but he took Jake by surprise when he kissed the grooved scar of where Amir stabbed him once. They laughed, again proving how twisted their little world was. He apologized, his voice muted but Jake felt his lips ghost the words on his skin. They had fallen asleep wrapped up in each other, Jakes arms around him, Amir holding tightly. The latter had fallen asleep quickly, but Jake stole silent moments, soaking up the feeling of Amir against him. It was glorious, though terrifying and surreal. While he feared the looming reality that stared them down, but the moment was absolutely comforting, he felt clouded. He had fallen asleep then with happiness brewing warm in his chest. Jake was still petrified of the upcoming day, his stomach was in knots as he lay there watching Amir snooze soundly. Jake whimpered while he focused on his delicate breath. He didn't look forward to waking him up, of disturbing his serine, picturesque state, and the possible unrestrained outburst that could result with Amir, though out certainly was not limited to waking him up.
Jake nudged him steadily, dawdling just slightly. He whispered his name, eyes heavy with how God damned adorable Amir looked. His eyes fluttered open slowly; a small, content expression crossed his face. He stretched, accompanied with a scratchy, mewed sigh. He turned on his side, facing Jake who whispered a reticent "hey", which Amir returned, almost silent. Their grins were unbearable. There was something different to Amir, his smile was genuine but new, his whole expression was unlike anything Jake had ever witnessed. There was calmness, a wellness that eased all possible worries Jake could come up with. The Rosy loveliness that surrounded Amir like a halo was reassuring and inexplicably jolting; it hooked his breath and made every inch of him simmered with a sense of love that made him feel dizzy. He was stuck in a head rush, a sweltering moment when he realized the peaked resolve they had reached, but also the nerve wracking, penultimate grasp that they were heading towards a thrilling, caustic road of intricate possibilities that could lead anywhere.
A circuitous, burning, daunting sensation started to fill him, he started to panic--Amir had rolled out of bed, his briefs hung loosely from his hips, and holy hell did Jake get over that anxiety quickly.
"Jakey," Amir stammered in a low, cautious voice over their breakfast (nuggets and an egg and cheese sandwich) he had barely touched his food, Jake looked up at him.
"Eat your food, man!” he interjected, nudging the box closer. Amir grumbled under his breath, earning an annoyed sigh from Jake, "What is it?" He implored, but Amir shook his head wildly and rubbed at his neck, blatantly nervous. Jake grimaced, "I'll buy you more nuggets,” he encouraged, biting his bottom lip. Amir perked up and swiveled in the chair, "I was just going to wonder-"
"you mean you were wondering or you were going to ask?" Jake corrected. Amir disregarded him," so are you my boyfriend now, partner in life?" He questioned with blaring innocence, but Jake couldn't help but smirk, a breathless twinge in his chest, "do you want to be my boyfriend?" His voice was hallow, strained. Amir chewed on the tip of his thumb, covering an enormous smile, he giggled, "yes please"
Jake laughed, "fine then, we're boyfriends now" he murmured, voice quaking with immense excitement. Amir jumped up, leaning over the table quickly, he grabbed Jakes face with force, though gentle, and kissed him with grateful intensity, taking his bottom lip between his own. Jake was taken aback, but melted into the embrace, bringing his own hand to touch Amir’s jaw line, his thumb drawing small circles in his beard, fingers brushing the curve of his jaw.
Amir pulled back as quickly as he struck with such gut wrenching affection, seemingly pulling Jakes breath along with him as he sat back down. He attempted to suppress the smug grin that unwillingly sprouted on his face. Jake sat stunned; he licked his lips, still tasting Amir faintly.