‹ Prequel: Forever Cursed
Status: Active as I can be! (Comments/Recommendation/SUBSCRIBERS mean the world to me!)

Cursed Twins

The Need-Matilda

"Unprecedented verses peculiar?"

"Peculiar. But come on! Quit dodging my question!" Lara insisted.

I would miss her. A lot.

I sighed and looked up from my laptop. "How many times do I have to tell you that its not because of you Lara."

"A million times more, plus a real answer." She pouted and I chuckled a bit. I looked down at my laptop and began typing again.

"Nuh-uh!" She yelled and slid my laptop away, closing it. "I want an answer, a real one. How bad can it be? I mean, we've been friends forever. You moving half across the country without giving me an answer makes me think that I'm the reason. Even after you keep telling me that I'm not." She said and sat beside me on my bed. "Plus you have Yale, Harvard, Princeton, EVERYTHING here. What could you possibly want in Denver?"

"Lara!" I yelled and got off the bed. "I told you already. Its not because of you. Its not because of whats here...I just..." I sighed and shook my head.

I just what?

Grabbing my heavy brown sweater and slipping on my converse I said, "I just need some time alone right now...Ill call you later." My voice cracked a bit and I rushed out the door.

It hurt. Every single thing just freaking hurt!

I ran down the streets with my head down and felt the familiar atmosphere around me. People yelling on their phones, cars racing down the streets, people yelling for taxis, people selling tickets on the streets, the smell of hot dog stands near by.

This was what I would be leaving behind.

I breathed hard once I stopped at Tompkins Square Park and bent down to my knees to catch my breath. People around looked at me weirdly or with concern. But no one did anything. They continued walking and minded their own business.

I stood up, walked to an empty bench and sat down. Looking at the sun setting put some ease in my body. The day was almost over and a new day would start. A new day where Lara might quit bugging me about moving to Colorado for college. A new day where my parents were no longer my biological parents. A new day where I can finish my summer reading assignment. A new day where-

My phone buzzed in my swearer and I sighed knowing it was my moth-Barbara. I closed my eyes and answered.

"Matilda, sweetie. Are you okay?" She asked, her voice filled with worry and concern.

"I'm fine Barbara." I said flatly and heard her sniff when I called her that. She struggled to keep her voice from cracking and replied.

"Please be back before eight."

"Yeah." I finished and hung up. Bringing my legs all the way up, I hugged them and laid my head against them.

Everything around me had been a lie. Not my friends, but my parents and the happy world they created. I had recently found out I was adopted. Or maybe I should say, I was left on the front doorstep and the people who lived behind the door took me in. Yeah, that sounds about right.

I shut my eyes hard and held back the tears I felt coming.

My non-biological parents claimed they loved me and that it was a blessing that I came to them. I believed everything they had said till recently. And why shouldn't I? Barbara had green eyes and her husband had dark brown hair. There were no obvious signs.

So when I heard the news, it was worse then getting slapped in the face.

I needed a new perspective. I needed a new life. I needed to be surrounded by new people. I needed answers. But most importantly, I needed hope.

This was why I was going to Denver, Colorado for college. Why Denver? I didn't really know. I simply closed my eyes, ran my hand randomly against a map and landed on a spot.

A spot that I only hoped, would help me understand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyyy! Sooooo, this is Matildaaa! Lol. The beginning has finnished! Now its time for some action! Please hang in there! Also, every other chapter will be either Marsella or Matilda incase you guys get confused(In other words, odd numbers or Marsella and even numbers are Matilda). Pleasee telll me what you thinkkkk! Please pleaseeee!

Shout to out my commentors and amazing people for your feedback!!!
Sherbz97 and MissRead11

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya'll!