‹ Prequel: High School Rocks

High School Blows

Accident

“So basically after getting our punishment for being at a party with alcohol…” Leena started. “We’re at another party with alcohol” Kyle smirked. “Do we ever learn?”
“I did” Bryan said. “I’m definitely not drinking”
“Well aren’t you perfect? Like jesus” Joe said.
“I’m not religious but I’m pretty sure Jesus was killed” Leena said.
“So you know what that means…”
“Ok maybe just a sip…” Bryan took a sip of Ross’ drink. “Besides, we can’t get suspended any longer than we did”
“We’re already two games into the season, this suspension will fly by” Leena said. “This is good because our team sucks without me”
“I think I did learn something” Kyle said. “Never put up an invitation to a party on facebook or announce it after a school dance”
“I’ll drink to that”
“You ever wonder why Vanessa really came?” Sean asked. “Do you think she had some motive?”
“She doesn’t have friends” Kyle said. “It was obviously revenge, she’s obsessed with it”
“Poor Shay” Leena thought. “Vanessa probably destroyed her”
“I think she’ll be fine” Bryan said. “Someone had to tell her that her boyfriend’s a creep”
“So we need to get revenge on Vanessa” Ross said. “Where do we start?”
“Oh no!” Leena said. “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind….we need to stop the line of revenge now. Before we kill someone to frame her”
“I’m agreeing with Leena” Sean said. “She’s obsessed with revenge, she’ll just find a way to get back at us”
“Well unlike the rest of you who have another year in this jail I call high school” Kyle started. “I’m graduating, so I will get my revenge after graduation”
“Ok”
“Where’s Mike and Matt?” Bryan asked.
“Matt never showed up” Leena said. “I offered to give him a ride but he said he was good”
“Where is he?”

Matt walked up to Sohee and Shay’s house. They just moved into a new place across town. Mostly because Sohee’s ex boyfriend, Zack was harassing her.
Matt could see inside their living room window. Sohee, Shay and her mom were all eating take-out together in their practically empty living room. Sohee’s dad was in their homeland, South Korea working.
He didn’t want to disturb them, so he went back to his car and drove away.

“After high school I’m going to spend the whole summer f** bitches” Kyle said. “And then I’ll go to a shithole college where I’ll spend four years getting wasted and fucking more bitches”
“Oh wow, Ky, you set your standards really high” Emma said.
“I just want to know one thing” Mike said. “Why is my girlfriend sitting on your lap?”
“GIRLFRIEND???” Bryan exclaimed. “No way”
“yes way” Mike kissed Emma.
“You’ve been fucking around for the last like year or so” Joe said. “You’re actually settling down?”
“Shut up, I’ve opened my eyes” Mike and Emma smiled at each other.
“Well that’s just adorable” leena said. “What are you two doing after high school?”
“We’re taking the first semester off to study aborad” she said.
“Yup, three months in London started in September” Mike said.
“That’s exciting” Matt said as he walked in.
“Way to show up late to the party…literally” Kyle said. “Where have you been?”
“I had to do something first…what’s going on?”
“We’re just talking about college plans” Leena said. “And then Joe and I are groping each other”
“Wait…what?” Sean asked.
“That’s cool…I just sent my deposit in”
“Where?”
“You’ll find out”
Kyle put his arm around Mike and Matt. “We better stay friends forever…you two are my rocks”
“Also literally. Where would you be without us?” Matt asked.
“Getting drunk every other day or high…or both”
“Well I’ll have to be your rock another day” Mike said. “My curfew is 9:30” Mike got up with Emma and the two walked out of the party.
“I better be invited to their wedding” Kyle said. “And I want to be the best man”
“NOOOOOOOOOOO” Matt screeched. “I’m going to be the best man”
“Fuck you! I’m going to be the best man!”
‘OK I’m ready to bail, too” Sean said. “Bro’s night at my place?”
“Well our parents already think we’re at your house, so sure” Ross said. “Bry-Bry, you’re driving” Ross tossed the keys to his car over to Bryan.
One sip, Bryan thought, that’s not enough to impair his driving skils. “K, let’s go”
“Leena’s coming with me” Joe said. He stood up and swayed back a bit. “We have plans to make”
“What are you guys doing behind my back?” Sean asked.
“Nothing” Leena kissed him. “See you in a few” Joe and Leena held and swung hands as they left Kyle’s house. They got to Joe’s car parked across the street.
“He’s going to love it” Joe said.
“He better, all the preparation we’re putting into this gift…”
They both got into the car. “Do you think he has a clue?”
“Nope” Joe said. “he thinks we’re in love, now”
“Did you see his face when I said I was groping you?” Leena chuckled.
“He turned blue, I think he stopped breathing” Joe joked.

Emma and Mike were still in Mike’s car when Bryan, Ross and Sean got to Ross’s car around the corner from Kyle’s house.
“Hey love birds” Bryan knocked on the window which was cloudy. “I thought you had a curfew” Mike wiped off all the condensation on the window.
“It’s actually 10” Mike said. Bryan smirked.
“See you Monday!” Bryan said. The three of them got to Ross’ car.
“Ok so when we get to my place we’re going to….”
“sleep” Ross said. He closed his eyes.
“Tell your mom we’re sleeping over” Bryan said. Joe’s car sped past them.
“Jesus Christ” bryan said.
“Race them!” Ross exclaimed.
“uh…no” Bryan said. “I don’t think Joe knows the short cut to your house so maybe we’ll beat them”
“I have the munchies, can we stop by Mcdanks?” Sean asked.
“Fine…” Bryan started up the car and started driving down the street. They went to McDonalds and grabbed almost $40 of food for all their lame pot-head friends.
“Ok are we good?” Bryan asked. “Ross do you—“ he turned to Ross and saw that he was snoring. “Ok maybe not”
“Joe and Leena are probably making awkward small talk with Dillon” Sean said. “we should probably head over there”
Bryan started driving along a main road in their town. They got maybe five minutes away from Sean’s house when they saw an accident.
“Fuck” Bryan. “Sean…Ross” he shook Ross awake. “Look at this…it’s insane” the car was upside down into a bush. “Looks like they lost control because of speed”
“Whoa” Ross said. They saw three police cars and two ambulances. They couldn’t help but slow down to look at the wreck.
“Guys…” Ross started. He noticed the mustache bumper sticker that was oh so familiar to them. “That’s Joe’s car” bryan slammed on the breaks, jerking the car forward. The car was in the middle of the street but they didn’t care. Sean and Bryan jumped out of the car while Ross stayed back.He couldn’t look.
Sean and Bryan ran across the street to the wreck.
“Stay back!” An officer said. Paramedics and all kind of officials were by the car. It seemed like the bodies were still inside.
“Sean….” Bryan started. “Seann…” Sean turned to Bryan. “Look away, please” he said. Ross finally got the courage to meet them on the sidewalk.
“Jesus” he cursed. He threw up right away.
Mike’s was approaching the wreck, but they couldn’t get car because of Ross’ car in the way. “That’s Bryan’s car” Emma said. “and they’re over…is that Joe’s car?” she asked. “yeah that’s definitely Joe’s car”
“oh no” Mike pulled over and the two ran across the street to join them. Mike called Kyle. “Kyle, there’s been an accident. Joe and Leena. Get down here, quick!” he hung up without even telling him where they were or what was going on.
“Sean, everything’s going to be ok” Emma lied. That's the first thing you tell someone when something bad is happening.
Bryan could tell Joe was already out and in an ambulance. "We need to go" Bryan said. "We can meet them at the hospital"
"no!" Sean cried. The tears were pouring. "We have to stay"
"We'll meet them there" Ross said. "She'll be ok"
"Look at his car! does it look like they'll be ok!" he exclaimed. Ross was done with this shit. He didn't like it when his friends got hurt, or when they were sad or angry. He liked being with them in a happy state because that's how your teenagers years are supposed to be.
Ross picked Sean up and threw him over his shoulder. Ross and Sean were the same height at 5 feet 7 inches but Ross was football player strong and carried Sean back to Bryan's car.
"What hospital are you going to?" Mike asked a paramedic.
"Umass Memorial, we'll go there no matter what"
"No matter what?" Mike asked.
"I can't guarentee they'll both make it to the hospital" Bryan turned to Mike.
"Go Bry, we'll wait here for Kyle" Bryan ran back to his car, which had caused a line up of cars in the street.
He didn't look back.